Master in International Business (in Spanish)
Program curriculum and final degree
Click here to download the programme in PDF (in Spanish)
Unit I. International environment: Economic Intelligence and institutional scope
- Module 1: Economic Environment: from macrostructure to business decisions
- Module 2: The institutional scope of the regional processes of economic integration
- Practical activity: Sector Report.
Unit II. International business strategy
- Module 3: International competitive strategy.
- Module 4: International marketing.
- Module 5: International finance.
- Module 6: Culture, organization of the enterprise and international negotiations.
- Practical activity: Strategic decision simulator.
The participants understand management from a holistic perspective by means of role play in which the different working areas in a business are simulated, formulating strategies on different levels: corporate, strategic business unit and operational. Those successfully completing the Decision Simulator will be awarded a Diploma issued by Celemi, the Swedish enterprise author of the simulation game.
Unit III. International trade transactions
- Module 7: Logistics, customs and shipping.
- Module 8: Incoterms and international contracts.
- Module 9: International methods of payment and taxes.
- Practical activity: Commercial Mission and/or International Academic Week.
International Academic Week This consists of several conferences and on-site experiences which will take place in a European city within the course calendar.
Module 10: Transversal competences.
- Specialization area 1: Business opportunities in Europe.
- Specialization area 2: Business opportunities in Asia.
- Specialization area 3: Business opportunities in Latin America.
MODULE UPF Barcelona School of Management INSIDE
This module deals with three key skills that future professionals need in order to achieve success in any area, and to quickly and efficiently respond to the constant challenges that emerge in business. The subjects coincide with UPF Barcelona School of Management's key identifying features: analytical capacity, communication and social purpose.
- Evidence-based management: This subject brings us closer to professional decision making through prudent, clear and precise data analysis. Real life, relevant examples give students an opportunity to discover the manifold opportunities that big data can provide to different professional sectors.
- Storytelling: In this subject we develop the functions and mechanisms of audiovisual narrative (storytelling) and we apply them to professional communication. We tackle issues such as how to create communications that make an impact (on a personal, project and corporate level) as well as interpersonal communication and team motivation. The goal is to help professionals transmit any idea successfully, with creativity and energy.
- Ethics and sustainability: Professionals in all sectors have to deal with issues relating to ethics and sustainability throughout their working lives. In this subject, we focus on identifying, analysing and effectively responding to these questions.
- Project Management: the objective of this subject is that the participants transfer the concepts and processes that are specific to project management into both their own professional context and the development of their own project within the program they are taking at the UPF-UPF Barcelona School of Management.
- CCLab: The CCLab aims to help you improve your communication skills so that you are able to present your ideas and projects effectively.
Once students have completed the programme they will receive the official Master's Degree Máster Universitario en Negocios Internacionales awarded by the Pompeu Fabra University.
Issuance of official Master's Degrees: The issuance of officially recognised diplomas in Spain implies the payment of a certificate issuance tax. This tax is officially approved by the Catalan Government and it varies from year to year. The programme tuition fees do not include this tax, which must be paid by the student for the successful attainment of the programme's final diploma.