Thank you for visiting our web page.
We would like to make all of the information about access to and use of all our electronic resources (our website, our blogs, our virtual campus and our virtual secretary's office platform, as set out and described below) available to you in a clear and simple way, so you can understand how we operate and what you must follow and respect at all times.
It is important for you to read them carefully as the fact of accessing any of our aforementioned electronic resources and using or browsing through them implies that you have read and accepted the entire contents of this legal notice, which is made up of:
- General information
- Terms and conditions of use of the Electronic Resources (including intellectual and industrial property rights and limitation of liability)
- General Terms and Conditions of Contract for Training
- Applicable law and jurisdiction
If you have any doubts or do not agree with all and/or any of the aspects regulated in any of the sections and documents, please do not use our Electronic Resources. In any case, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will deal with your doubts or provide the clarifications you need so you can accept the entire contents of this legal notice.
1. General information
1.1. Our Data
We provide you with the following data in accordance with the duty to inform stipulated in article 10 of the Information Society Services and E-Commerce Act 34/2002 of 11 July [Ley 34/2002, de 11 de julio, de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información y del Comercio Electrónico]:
CONTINUING EDUCATION INSTITUTE FOUNDATION (FUNDACIÓN INSTITUTO DE EDUCACIÓN CONTINUA) (referred to below indistinctly as Barcelona School of Management of UPF or UPF-BSM)
Tax ID Code (CIF) G-60.414.182
Registered office and headquarters: C/Balmes, 132-134.08008. Barcelona
Tel.: +34 93 542 18 00
Registered in the Foundations Register with number 766, by virtue of the resolution passed on 25 March 1994 by the Catalan Minister of Justice.
The Continuing Education Institute Foundation is a private cultural and educational foundation registered in the Catalan Government's Foundations Register. Its purpose is to promote and contribute to the progress of society, enabling technicians and professionals, especially those who hold university degrees, to enter their specific professional field and expand their academic, scientific and cultural knowledge. The Foundation owns a private higher education centre associated with Pompeu Fabra University, called “Barcelona School of Management” (BSM). As a centre associated with UPF, BSM provides postgraduate higher education training, awarding both its own qualifications and official qualifications (Official Master's Degree) awarded by UPF, as well as miscellaneous training that does not lead to a university degree (higher education programs, conferences, seminars, courses, etc.) all under the UPF Barcelona School of Management brand.
1.2 Our Electronic Resources
Our website is hosted at the following address or URL: https://www.bsm.upf.edu/en and belongs exclusively to UPF-BSM (referred to below as the Website).
Through the Website you can access the blogs detailed below and those that UPF-BSM owns (referred to below as the Blogs):
- Micromégas (https://micromegas.bsm.upf.edu/)
- Masters of Science Blog (https://upfmscprogrammes.bsm.upf.edu)
- Opinión del Día (https://opiniondeldia.bsm.upf.edu)
- Patrimonia, vídeoblog de economía y finanzas (https://patrimonia.bsm.upf.edu
- Quorum (https://quorum.bsm.upf.edu)
- Máster en Marketing Directo y Digital (https://marketingdigital.bsm.upf.edu)
- Máster en Marketing Farmacéutico (https://marketingfarmaceutico.bsm.upf.edu)
- Direction y Gestión del deporte (https://direccionygestiondeldeporte.bsm.upf.edu)
- Máster en Negocios Internacionales (https://internacional.bsm.upf.edu)
- The Science of Business (https://thescienceofbusiness.bsm.upf.edu)
You can also access the following through the Website:
- The eSecretaría (online secretary's office), which is the student portal that UPF-BSM has created and makes available to applicants, candidates and participants at the following URL: https://esecretaria.bsm.upf.edu. This portal has been created so that students can carry out admission and enrolment processes, in the broadest of terms, and request and/or perform a series of procedures related to their enrolment and obtaining of certificates, issuance of degree certificates, etc. (referred to below as the eSecretaría)
- The eCampus, UPF-BSM's virtual campus on which it organizes academic activities and services so that participants in its programs can follow those activities (referred to below as the eCampus).
2. Terms and conditions of use of the Website, the Blogs, the eSecretaría and the eCampus (the Electronic Resources)
2.1 Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Use
When you access and use or simply browse through our website, Blogs, eSecretaría and/or eCampus (referred to below as the Electronic Resources), and when you initiate or formalize the process of acquiring any of our programs, events, courses, seminars, sessions and/or training in general of any kind on our website and/or use any of the services that we may make available to you through all and/or any of our Electronic Resources, you acquire the status of a user and are informed of the terms and conditions of access and use of all and any of these Electronic Resources. You state that you know and accept these terms and conditions, which are applicable to all and any of the Electronic Resources.
If you access and/or use any of our Electronic Resources on behalf of a company or organization, you accept these Terms and Conditions of Use as a representative of that company or organization for all purposes.
If you do not agree with our Terms and Conditions of Use you will not be able to use any of the services that we make available to you through any of our Electronic Resources, nor will you be able to access and/or use them in any way.
Similarly, when you access and use any of our Electronic Resources, you expressly accept and warrant the following to UPF-BSM and will hold it harmless in the event of infringement:
- You are of legal age and have sufficient legal capacity to enter into contracts. Use of our services by people under 18 years old or those who do not have sufficient legal capacity to enter into contracts is not permitted.
- You will not apply reverse engineering, web scraping techniques, or decompile the services, or attempt to do so or help others do so.
UPF-BSM reserves the right to modify any kind of information that may appear in any of the Electronic Resources without any obligation to give prior notice or make users aware of such obligations. It shall be deemed sufficient for it to be published in the specific Electronic Resource affected.
2.2 Our Services
Access to our website and the Blogs is completely free of charge and it is only necessary to have a computer or mobile device with internet access.
In spite of the foregoing, in order to use certain services that have restricted access, such as the eCampus and the eSecretaría, and in particular for access, admission and enrolment in our programs, we may ask you to previously register and fill in forms.
Don't worry: these cases are duly identified and you will be told at all times which steps you need to follow in order to carry out the relevant registration.
It is expressly prohibited for you to use the services and contents offered on our webpage(s) through procedures other than those stipulated in these General Terms and Conditions and, when applicable, in the specific terms and conditions that govern the acquisition of particular services.
When you visit our website you may:
- Access all of the necessary information about master's degree training (official master's degrees and our own master's degrees) and postgraduate training, specialization courses, seminars or conferences and workshops that we offer. You may contact us to clarify any doubts you may have concerning our training programs.
- You may also request admission and pay the admission fees for any of our programs through our website. In order to do this, you must:
- Fill in the admission form on our website for each of the training programs.
- Accept the General Terms and Conditions of Contract for each training program you are interested in, as they will detail all of the information concerning the access, admission and enrolment requirements, credits, credit transfers, internships, who each of our training programs is aimed at, our methodology, and the type of qualification awarded in each case, among other matters of interest to you.
If you do not agree with the aforementioned General Terms and Conditions of Contract, you will not be able to enrol in any of our programs. If that is the case, remember you can always contact us to clarify any doubts or ask any questions by writing to the following address C/Balmes, 132, 08008 Barcelona, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the admission fees through our website in the manner stated.
- Register on the eSecretaría. Through this platform, we will send you the information and documentation concerning access and admission to the training program you would like to take, which we will provide you with at the appropriate time.
Use a bank's virtual POS terminal. In order to minimize the risk of unauthorized access, your credit card data will be encrypted. Your card or bank account will be charged at the moment you click on “Pay”. By performing that action, you confirm that the credit card is yours.
Credit cards may be subject to checks and authorizations by the issuer. However, if that institution does not authorize the payment, we cannot accept any responsibility for any delay or failure to deliver our products or services and we will not be able to enter into any contract with you.
It is important for you to know that payment of the admission fees does not imply admission to any of our programs. It is simply prior registration that allows us to verify whether or not you meet the requirements for access and admission to the program in question.
If you are not admitted to the program that you have applied for, the amount you paid as admission fees will be returned to you. If you are admitted, the admission fees will be deducted from the total price of the tuition fees.
When you visit our Blogs, you can enjoy various kinds of content, most of which is academic, related to the knowledge areas and/or programs that UPF-BSM has in its training offer; as well as resources that provide a personal view of current affairs and/or seek to spread culture and achieve the objectives of planetary well-being.
By previously registering in the manner you will be informed of, through the eSecretaría and the eCampus you can access the services that UPF-BSM provides in each of them, which correspond with those described above.
2.3 Intellectual property rights
UPF-BSM is the holder or licensee, when applicable, of the intellectual and industrial property rights over the contents of each and every one of the Electronic Resources (such as but not limited to all elements that configure the visual appearance, the graphical image and other sensory stimuli of the webpages that are part of each of the Electronic Resources—look and feel—,trademarks, logos, trade names, texts, critiques and comments, images, graphics, designs, sounds, databases, programs, flow diagrams, presentation, navigation architecture and source code).
UPF-BSM expressly authorizes the reproduction of the contents in each of the Electronic Resources for private use. However, UPF-BSM states that any other form of exploitation of the contents of any of the Electronic Resources, through any procedure, in particular, but not exclusively, any that has a commercial or profit-based purpose, is expressly prohibited.
Except for the authorization for private use mentioned in the previous paragraph, or if any other is explicitly permitted in writing by UPF-BSM, access to any of the Electronic Resources does not imply the granting of any kind of permission, transfer, licence or assignment, in whole or in part, of the contents and/or the Electronic Resource in question itself.
UPF-BSM will not accept any liability that may arise from any alteration or manipulation of any of the Electronic Resources by third parties.
Finally, within the framework of disseminating the content offered exclusively through the Website, it is expressly authorized for third parties to create links to BSM-UPF's webpage, provided those links do not have a commercial profit-based purpose. In any case, links created by third parties must make it possible for the user to know that he/she is accessing UPF-BSM's webpage and must necessarily make the corresponding URL of that webpage visible in their browser. In any case, the creation of links to the website by third parties does not imply the existence of any kind of association between UPF-BSM and the owners of the website.
In cases in which the Electronic Resources make it possible for users to leave comments, make contributions and/or include content of any kind, any such content is the exclusive responsibility of the person or organization that included it and made it available in the specific Electronic Resource in question. UPF-BSM reserves the right to review such content in order to determine whether it is illegal or infringes our policies, and delete it or refuse to publish it if we have sufficient reasons to consider that it infringes our policies or the law. However, this possibility does not necessarily imply that we review the content.
2.4 Limitation of liability
Through our Electronic Resources, we want to offer you quality content and services and we want to do so with the utmost efficiency and diligence. Although we have adopted state-of-the-art security measures, we cannot ensure or guarantee the absence of viruses or other elements that may be harmful. Therefore, you accept that we are exempted from any liability in this regard.
Similarly, we accept no liability arising from or that may arise from the use that you or other users make of the information contained in any of our Electronic Resources.
We also cannot guarantee the updating of all of the information provided in all of the Electronic Resources, or the absence of errors or omissions, in spite of having taken steps to avoid them.
The opinions that appear in the publications, magazines, articles or posts on any of our various Blogs belong exclusively to their respective authors and UPF-BSM accepts no liability in that regard.
UPF-BSM also accepts no liability for the information and content of any kind that may be accessible through our website that has been provided by third parties and, in particular, for the losses and damages of any kind connected with that mentioned above, which may be caused by:
- absence or deficiencies in the information provided, its veracity, exactness and sufficiency;
- infringement of the rights of consumers and users;
- infringement of intellectual and industrial property rights, performance of unfair competition or illegal advertising;
- infringement of the right of data protection, professional secrecy and the rights to honour, personal and family privacy, and people's right to their personal image, and;
- generally speaking, the infringement of any law, custom or code of conduct that may be applicable.
However, pursuant to that set forth in articles 11 and 16 of the Spanish Information Society Services Act (Ley de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información), UPF-BSM is available to all users, authorities and security forces, and will collaborate actively on the removal or, when applicable, blocking of all content in its Electronic Resources that may affect or infringe domestic or international legislation, third-party rights or morality and public policy.
The user is liable for any direct or indirect effect arising from his/her use of the opinions that appear in the publications, magazines, articles or posts on our various Blogs and, generally speaking, the information on our website, such as but not limited to any adverse economic, technical or legal outcome, as well as failing to fulfil the expectations generated by our website or the Blogs, as the case may be. Similarly, you undertake to hold UPF-BSM harmless in relation to any claims arising directly or indirectly from acts or omissions that you have performed based on such opinions or information, notwithstanding the contractual relationships between the parties arising from enrolment in any of our programs.
5. General terms and conditions of contract
The general terms and conditions of contract for open training offered by UPF-BSM can be seen through the following link: https://www.bsm.upf.edu/en/terms-and-conditions
6. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The use of any of our Electronic Resources and the contract created and/or entered into through any of the Electronic Resources (such as but not limited to the Website and the eSecretaría) shall be governed by Spanish law.
Any dispute that may arise from or be related to the use of our webpage shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of Barcelona.
If you are a consumer, nothing in this clause will affect your statutory rights.