Blended Postgraduate Course in Controlling
Blended Postgraduate Course in Controlling
Train yourself to develop the role of Controller in a financial department and learn to identify how to make the company's strategy operational in business operations.
Train yourself as a Financial Controller with the Blended Postgraduate Course in Controlling from the UPF Barcelona School of Management and learn to competently perform all the functions of financial controller, specializing in analytical accounting and advanced financial planning.
Throughout the course you will learn to develop the internal control function of a company, to master and know how to choose and implement the most advanced administrative control processes and techniques based on the needs of the company and its objectives, as well as use the computer tools necessary to carry out this task.
Why choose this program
Prestigious teaching team with a double didactic approach
You will train with professors from the UPF Economics and Business area and with recognized active professionals who will contribute their knowledge and experience to apply theory to practice.
Adapted to you
The same program, contents and academic qualification, offered in three different modalities (face-to-face, blended, and online) so that you can adapt it to your personal and professional situation.
Expand your training
If at the end of the postgraduate course you want to continue expanding your training, you can take the Master in Accounting and Financial Management at UPF-BSM with the credits obtained being recognized.
Who is it for?
The program is aimed at university graduates preferably from the environment of business administration and management, economics, and accounting and finance, who want to specialize in the accounting field, as well as professionals with financial experience and knowledge who want or need to update it, expand on it, or look at it in depth.
The program is advanced training, so it is important to have previous training and/or experience in the sector.
The Postgraduate course consists of 4 optional subjects from which 3 must be chosen, and is complemented by a Final Project in which the student applies the knowledge of the content acquired during the course.
- Corporate governance
- Management of corporate risks
- Design of risk maps
- Circuit and process design
- Incentive systems
- Process redesign
- Beyond budgeting
- Project controlling
- Excel applied to accounting and finance
- How to implement an ERP successfully
- Latest trends in computer tools for optimizing management control
- Management control systems to evaluate the performance in multinational corporations.
- Effective decision making in international business.
- Controlling subsidiaries
In this subject, the participant should demonstrate that they have internalized the contents developed during the postgraduate course and that they are capable of applying them in different environments. It is a project that seeks to integrate all or several of the subjects developed during the postgraduate course.
Once you have passed the program, you will be awarded the degree of Curso de Postgrado en Controlling, issued by the Pompeu Fabra University.
Vice Dean for Research and Knowledge Transfer at UPF Barcelona School of Management
Associate Professor BSM
- Silvia Baron Gómez
BBVA Real Estate Business Unit.
Master in Banking and Finance from Pompeu Fabra University.
- Julio Capilla Vidal
Partner of RSM Spain Auditores since 2013. President of the Agrupación de Auditores de Baleares and member of the Board of Directors of the ICJCE.
Associate lecturer in the Accounting and Auditing Department of the University of the Balearic Islands.
Postgraduate course in Financial Management from Pompeu Fabra University Postgraduate course in Administration and Tax Management from the University of Barcelona.
Degree in Economic and Business Sciences from the University of Barcelona.
- Víctor Vera Vinardell
Financial Director at Orange Catalunya.
Economist and Chartered Accountant. International Business Development at Essec.
The approach is very practical and professional. The blended methodology is highly participatory and combines face-to-face sessions with the distance modality.
In face-to-face sessions:
- There will be a theoretical-practical session for the subject.
- The material to be prepared for the next session will be delivered.
- Generally a test will be carried out, with the aim of reviewing the concepts worked at home.
- Practical cases that have been prepared in advance will be discussed.
- Concepts will be clarified.
Between one face-to-face session and the next, the academic team will be available to support and facilitate the student's learning process.
Adapted to you
Compatible with your professional and personal life, face-to-face classes are one Friday a month, combined with remote work.
Connected with the professional world
Throughout the course, real and current practical cases will be discussed and presented, which will allow you to apply the concepts learned and thus face the situations that you will encounter in your professional activity.
Group work will allow you to share visions, knowledge and opinions with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, enriching your academic experience and strengthening your networking.
The evaluation of the program is continuous and will be carried out based on:
- Practical cases, exercises and work oriented to business reality
- Tests of the different subjects
- Participation and presentations in class
- Attendance in class (minimum of 80%)
- Postgraduate Final Project
The evaluation activities will be carried out individually and in groups, to encourage teamwork.
The combination of online learning and face-to-face sessions favours the balance between theory and practice in a flexible learning process. The various multimedia resources that are made available to the student allow them to acquire knowledge in a self-regulated manner and the face-to-face sessions seek to put them into practice with active methodologies.
You will have:
- Digital resources and audiovisual blocks for online learning
- Face-to-face sessions with active methodologies for transferable learning
- Master's or postgraduate work to learn by doing
- A personal mentor to monitor your Master's Final Project (TFM) or Postgraduate Final Project (TFP)
The program is aimed at all those professionals with experience in the field of Accounting and Finance who want to specialize in the role of Controller.
You will share the classroom with professionals who come from the fields of Accounting and Finance, Economics, or Business Administration who want to increase their knowledge to apply it in their jobs.
There will be students on the Master in Accounting and Financial Management and postgraduate students in the classroom.
Average number of years of professional experience
The postgraduate course is advanced training that delves into all the techniques that a Controller requires to professionally face a workplace such as this.
- Director of accounting/finance department
- Business advisor on accounting, financial, and management issues
- Business consultant
- Risk analyst in financial department
- Internal Auditor
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
You need to be a university graduate.
Other candidates without the required university degree may take part in the selection process by virtue of their academic or professional merits, and the place of work they occupy.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 3170.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Social Value Scholarships
UPF Barcelona School of Management, for this next academic year, and aiming at the commitment for social welfare, offers the Social Value Scholarships with the objective of supporting and favoring the groups that the School considers a priority. Enter and consult the details.
These scholarships are intended to favor specific groups, to help them in their professional and personal development or people who are in a situation of economic difficulty.
The Social Value Scholarship program covers from 25% to 70% of the total tuition fee for the master's degree and from 25% to 50% of the total tuition fee for the diploma or postgraduate course for all the programs offered by the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation.
The University Master's Degree in Law and any other master’s degree carried out in conjunction with an institution outside the UPF-BSM are excluded. Also excluded are programs for which the interested party wishes to carry out any recognition. Repeating students will also not be eligible for the scholarship.
- "Impulsa MUJER" (“Promote Woman”)
Aimed at all professional women, from any environment, who wish to study a management program in any area of the company, to occupy leadership positions or to lead a professional project.
Sporty woman: Specifically addressed at professional sportswomen interested in studying the master’s degree in Sports Management in any of its modalities.
- "Post COVID boost"
Aimed at people over 40 who are unemployed or in ERTE. ERTE is a term used in Spain to refer to the suspension for a specific time of the labor contract of part or all the workers of a company due to force majeure. This temporary suspension of the contract has been applied in Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic and remains in effect until the Government and the Employer decide.
- "Entrepreneur Scholarship for local economy"
Aimed at entrepreneurs and small businesses with a direct impact on the local economy and regions that need specific training to boost business.
- You must have applied for admission into one of the master's offered by the UPF Barcelona School of Management (except the Official Master's Program in Advocacy or those master's) and have been admitted to the program for which the grant is being requested.
- Present a letter of motivation with the reasons why you are applying for the scholarship with a list of merits or outstanding aspects that can be contrasted.
Consult the specific criteria for each of the modalities in the rules.
Submit your application for the Social Value Scholarship via the "Application form" of the program that you are interested in.
Submit the documentation via the "Scholarships and Funding" section of the eRegistar platform, to which you will be given access when applying
Please note that your application must meet all the requirements for both documentation and deadlines. Otherwise, it cannot be evaluated.
All documents except for the academic transcript must be in either Catalan, Spanish or English. The academic transcript can be presented in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian or Portuguese. If it is another language it must be accompanied by a sworn official translation into Catalan or Spanish.
Social Value Scholarship applications have to be made at the same time as completing your application for the program and always before classes begin. Social Value Scholarships cannot be processed for a master's program that has already begun.
Equally, applications presented after the deadlines of the established rounds will not be accepted, even if classes have not yet begun.
Social Value Scholarship are applied for and awarded according to the dates outlined below.:
Programmes for the academic year 2021-2022
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 01/11/2021
The Scholarship Committee will only award Social Value Scholarships to those applicants who, having completed the corresponding documentation and been finally admitted to the program for which they are applying, have passed the various tests that may be requested and meet the criteria established in each established typology in which they wish to enter.
The Scholarship Committee will inform each applicant of the decision individually by e-mail, following the dates published on the website.
Apply for one of our UPF-BSM Scholarships, awarded specifically to Pompeu Fabra University students with a good academic record.
If you are studying your last undergraduate course (4th year) at UPF or at a UPF Group centre and you have a good record, you can apply for a UPF-BSM scholarship. Remember that you must be a graduate and be in possession of your degree (or failing that, the certificate of receipt) when you start the program in which you have enrolled.
- Be in the last undergraduate year at UPF.
- Have a good academic record.
- Have been admitted or are in the process of admission to a Master or Postgraduate course for which you are applying for this Scholarship.
- Apply for the Scholarship at the time of application for admission.
- Submit a motivation letter with the reasons why you have opted for the Scholarship and a list of verifiable merits.
- Upload the required documentation through the eRegistrar platform
- The dates of awarding or denying of the Scholarship will be published on the website.
- The scholarship candidate will personally receive a communication with the procedures to follow in order to formalize it.
The Scholarship Committee assesses academic talent (average grade of the report) and personal talent (the motivation of the candidate and their merits).
The UPF-BSM Scholarships are not compatible with specific aid for the programs, scholarships granted by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, and other UPF-BSM scholarships.
They are compatible with other scholarships from organizations outside the UPF-BSM and with discounts for large families.
They are applied for and granted in accordance with the dates stipulated below:
Academic year programs 2020–21 and 2021–22
- Scholarship application deadline: 03/12/2020, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 14/12/2020
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 06/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 01/11/2021
Remember that you must apply for the scholarship when you complete the application for admission to the program that interests you and always before classes start. The Scholarship cannot be processed for a program that is already being studied.
If you have any questions about how to apply for the UPF-BSM Scholarships, you can contact our scholarship secretariat via email.
Grants and discounts
UPF Employee Discounts
If you are a member or family member of an employee of the UPF group or belonged to the collaborating institutions of the UPF Barcelona School of Management, you can enjoy a series of applicable discounts on the tuition fees for your program.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) of Pompeu Fabra University. You are entitled to a 35% discount on tuition fees for open programs subject to prior communication from the rector's office and/or the UPF general manager's office.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) and Teaching and Research Staff (PDI) of the UPF Group. Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- Relatives (up to second degree) of UPF and the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education's Foundation teaching and research staff (PAS and PDI, in Spanish). Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- If you work at a company member of the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation's Board of Trustees or at any of our councils' companies. Discount of 20% on the tuition fees of our master's and postgraduate courses.
Members of the ACCID will have a 10% discount on the registration fee.
Blended Postgraduate Course in Controlling