Postgraduate Course in Total Supply Chain Management
Postgraduate Course in Total Supply Chain Management
The COVID-19 crisis has shown the importance of supply and distribution chains in the framework of business strategy, consolidating itself as an element of competitive advantage. This postgraduate course addresses the comprehensive management of supply chain processes from five key dimensions: technique, strategy, technology, leadership, and sustainability.
The Postgraduate Course in Total Supply Chain Management offers you the possibility of learning and reviewing in a technical, integrated, and updated way the processes that make up the supply chain: management, demand forecasting and decision-making, purchasing, provisioning, transportation, storage, and customer service. On these foundations, strategic key points are raised that allow the building of a very cost-efficient supply chain, which is capable of satisfying the needs of customers, workers, suppliers, and society.
Throughout the course, a practical application of technological advances that can add real value to the supply chain will be carried out, focusing on fields such as Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Robotics. Although technology is important, people are more important, which is why you will learn skills to lead teams with a high level of involvement, motivation, and demand. Management tools will also be provided to establish control objectives, build agile organizations, and develop projects to improve logistics processes (Project Management).
The postgraduate course also addresses the challenges of the supply chain with respect to environmental sustainability, taking into account the lessons learned from the coronavirus crisis, and dedicates a special section to the logistics solutions required for the definitive emergence of the digital environment and electronic commerce.
Why choose this program
Gain access to a profession in high demand
The Postgraduate Course provides comprehensive training for one of the most in-demand profiles in the current market (Supply Chain Managing), understood as the quantitative and qualitative evolution of the traditional logistics processes and management of commercial systems. With the consolidation of e-commerce, Big Data and the robotization of distribution processes, companies increasingly require professionals trained in management, decision-taking and logistics.
Get a comprehensive view of the supply chain
The postgraduate course offers a comprehensive view of the supply chain and supply chain management, addressing all the key points of management to achieve excellence in the different processes that comprise it: from demand planning to the last mile, through procurement, transportation, or storage in different commercial systems.
Learn about practical solutions for facing real challenges
The course offers students a modality based on practical strategies, which can be used when facing immediate professional challenges such as technological transformation, reducing environmental impact, or the need to attract talent at different points in the supply chain management.
Learn from real experiences with managers
The postgraduate course has teachers who combine theoretical knowledge with extensive professional experience in logistics and supply chain. In addition, each subject incorporates the experience of master classes from executives of relevant companies such as DANONE, BASF or MECALUX. Learn from real successes and mistakes that happen most frequently in the supply chain.
Who is it for?
The postgraduate course is aimed at professionals in the logistics operations sector and students who wish to specialize in the analysis and management of the supply chain. The course also offers professionals in the field of logistics an update of knowledge in the field of supply chain, since in recent years it has been affected by such relevant changes as digitization, omnichannel, or sustainability. During postgraduate studies, they will incorporate strategic key points that will allow them to improve decision-making in logistics management.
Supply Chain Management courses take into account the diversity of professional experiences and training of each participant, and are designed to adapt to the degree of previous experience that each student has with the subjects taught.
The Postgraduate Course in Supply Chain Management consists of 5 subjects that encompass the key dimensions of the supply chain. Each of them will have a theoretical part, the presentation of real cases on management and logistics in commerce, and the experience of a master class given by a senior manager in the sector.
Technical, comprehensive, and updated review of the processes that make up the supply chain and supply chain management: organization, purchasing, provisioning, transport, storage, and last mile systems.
Strategic and administrative key points for designing and coordinating a supply chain that is capable of simultaneously satisfying the needs of its agents involved in different types of international business: clients, workers, suppliers, society, and investors.
Practical and digital application of technological advances that can add real value to the supply chain and supply chain management, focusing on systems such as Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
Personal skills for managing teams with a high level of involvement, motivation, and demand. Tools are also provided to establish control objectives in the supply chain, build agile and international organizations, and develop projects to improve process management (Project Management).
Challenges and logistics solutions for the supply chain in terms of balancing the three areas of sustainability in business (economic, environmental, and social), taking into account the lessons learned and the experience that the coronavirus crisis has left us.
Once you have passed the program, you will be awarded the degree of Curso de Postgrado en Total Supply Chain Management, issued by Pompeu Fabra University.
Senior Lecturer BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
- Enric Bergonyó Sánchez
With more than 25 years of experience in planning and management, leading teams in various fields and local and Latin American organizations, he is currently the founder of Spika Coaching and Bergonyò i Durall.
Technical Agronomist Engineer, he also has a degree in Economics and Business from UPF. Specialized as a Coach by the European School of Coaching, and also in International Purchasing Management by ESCI.
- Nati Sánchez Aznar
Founder and Manager at NSGestio Support for business management.
Graduated in Business Administration and Master's Degree in Banking and Finance from UPF. Specialization in Management Control and Focus Program in Entrepreneurship per IESE.
- Rafael Richart Ferri
Specialized in Operations, occupying different positions for 28 years at Danone S.A. (Quality, Industrial, Engineering, Supply Chain and Sourcing & Supplier Development).
Graduate in Biological Sciences, Microbiology, with a Diploma in Agri-Food Industries.Specialization in International Purchasing and Management of Food and Beverage Companies.
- Albert Vidal
More than 17 years in management, business strategy, sales, and innovation in technology-based industries. Formerly senior director of the WMS software business unit at Mecalux managing multifunctional teams in Europe, North America, and Latin America. Currently, General Manager of Element Logic, a supplier specializing in automation and robotics for warehouses, who are the original partner of AutoStore with more than 100 facilities throughout Europe. Graduate in Telecommunications Engineering from the UPC, Master in Innovation from EOI and Executive MBA from IESE.
The methodology of the Postgraduate Course in Total Supply Chain Management combines three pedagogical elements that guarantee a complete and attractive training: the presentation of theoretical content, the analysis of real cases, and the participation of recognized managers.
The exposition of theoretical contents in the Postgraduate Course in Total Supply Chain Management allows students to obtain the knowledge base necessary to understand the supply chain in its entirety, from each of the different perspectives offered by the course.
Analysis of real cases
Through the analysis of real cases, students will be able to understand different problems and logistical situations, and the ways in which they have been solved. The participation and interaction of the students will be key in these sessions.
Real experiences with company managers
Throughout the course, professional experts from different sectors will share with the students their experience and the main professional challenges they have faced, thus sharing their vision for the correct management of the supply chain.
The Postgraduate Course in Total Supply Chain Management is continuously evaluated. Each of the five subjects of the program incorporates three elements that help students to internalize the concepts, while allowing the teacher to assess their evolution:
- Participation in class dynamics.
- Carrying out individual or group work.
- Final test-type exam.
Students will be required to attend at least 80% of the classes, either in person or remotely (if this mode is activated).
The On-Campus&Live methodology allows you to follow the program in person and also remotely.
In this modality, two stable subgroups are opened that will coexist throughout the course: one face-to-face and the other with 100% remote students. The remote students (a maximum of 15 places per course) will follow the program in a synchronous way with the face-to-face students. That is, they will share the same school calendar and schedule as the face-to-face students.
Project-oriented learning and the combination of lectures and active methodologies such as case studies, flipped learning, solving real problems, and professional simulations allow the student to connect theory and practice, acquire advanced skills, and achieve learning which is transferable to the job. The face-to-face modality is enriched with elements of online programs (virtual learning environment, multimedia resources, among others) so that the learning experience of the two subgroups is equally satisfactory.
You will have:
- Master's or postgraduate work to learn by doing
- A personal mentor to monitor your Master's Final Project (TFM) or Postgraduate Final Project (TFP)
- Digital resources to achieve transversal skills
- Interdisciplinary activities and workshops
- Digital resources and audiovisual blocks for online learning
- Active methodologies for transferable learning
Supply chain management, understood as the quantitative and qualitative evolution of traditional logistics processes, is becoming one of the most in-demand tasks in the international labour market. Throughout the course, students will acquire the knowledge and tools necessary to successfully deal with the management of new challenges and scenarios in the supply chain.
The postgraduate program brings together professionals and students from the logistics operations sector who wish to specialize in the analysis and management of the supply chain, as well as those with experience who seek to update their knowledge in the field of transport and the supply chain.
This program trains you in one of the professional profiles which is most in-demand in the current market, that of Supply Chain Manager, who can take care of the management and decision-making of a complete supply chain or of any of the parts of the business that integrate it.
- Supply Chain Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Last Mile Manager
- Demand Planner
- Director of Transportation
- Warehouse and distribution management
- Planning management
- Purchasing manager
- Supply management
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
You should be a university graduate. Other candidates without the required university degree may take part in the selection process by virtue of their academic or professional merits.. Those participants who do not have Spanish as one of their mother tongues or who did not have it as a teaching language in their training studies, must prove that they have at least a B2 level of Spanish (Common European Framework of Reference), as well as fluently take part in a personal interview with the academic director, if necessary.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 3343.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Social Value Scholarships
UPF Barcelona School of Management, for this next academic year, and aiming at the commitment for social welfare, offers the Social Value Scholarships with the objective of supporting and favoring the groups that the School considers a priority. Enter and consult the details.
These scholarships are intended to favor specific groups, to help them in their professional and personal development or people who are in a situation of economic difficulty.
The Social Value Scholarship program covers from 25% to 70% of the total tuition fee for the master's degree and from 25% to 50% of the total tuition fee for the diploma or postgraduate course for all the programs offered by the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation.
The University Master's Degree in Law and any other master’s degree carried out in conjunction with an institution outside the UPF-BSM are excluded. Also excluded are programs for which the interested party wishes to carry out any recognition. Repeating students will also not be eligible for the scholarship.
- "Impulsa MUJER" (“Promote Woman”)
Aimed at all professional women, from any environment, who wish to study a management program in any area of the company, to occupy leadership positions or to lead a professional project.
Sporty woman: Specifically addressed at professional sportswomen interested in studying the master’s degree in Sports Management in any of its modalities.
- "Post COVID boost"
Aimed at people over 40 who are unemployed or in ERTE. ERTE is a term used in Spain to refer to the suspension for a specific time of the labor contract of part or all the workers of a company due to force majeure. This temporary suspension of the contract has been applied in Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic and remains in effect until the Government and the Employer decide.
- "Entrepreneur Scholarship for local economy"
Aimed at entrepreneurs and small businesses with a direct impact on the local economy and regions that need specific training to boost business.
- You must have applied for admission into one of the master's offered by the UPF Barcelona School of Management (except the Official Master's Program in Advocacy or those master's) and have been admitted to the program for which the grant is being requested.
- Present a letter of motivation with the reasons why you are applying for the scholarship with a list of merits or outstanding aspects that can be contrasted.
Consult the specific criteria for each of the modalities in the rules.
Submit your application for the Social Value Scholarship via the "Application form" of the program that you are interested in.
Submit the documentation via the "Scholarships and Funding" section of the eRegistar platform, to which you will be given access when applying
Please note that your application must meet all the requirements for both documentation and deadlines. Otherwise, it cannot be evaluated.
All documents except for the academic transcript must be in either Catalan, Spanish or English. The academic transcript can be presented in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian or Portuguese. If it is another language it must be accompanied by a sworn official translation into Catalan or Spanish.
Social Value Scholarship applications have to be made at the same time as completing your application for the program and always before classes begin. Social Value Scholarships cannot be processed for a master's program that has already begun.
Equally, applications presented after the deadlines of the established rounds will not be accepted, even if classes have not yet begun.
Social Value Scholarship are applied for and awarded according to the dates outlined below.:
Programmes for the academic year 2021-2022
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 06/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 01/11/2021
The Scholarship Committee will only award Social Value Scholarships to those applicants who, having completed the corresponding documentation and been finally admitted to the program for which they are applying, have passed the various tests that may be requested and meet the criteria established in each established typology in which they wish to enter.
The Scholarship Committee will inform each applicant of the decision individually by e-mail, following the dates published on the website.
Apply for one of our UPF-BSM Scholarships, awarded specifically to Pompeu Fabra University students with a good academic record.
If you are studying your last undergraduate course (4th year) at UPF or at a UPF Group centre and you have a good record, you can apply for a UPF-BSM scholarship. Remember that you must be a graduate and be in possession of your degree (or failing that, the certificate of receipt) when you start the program in which you have enrolled.
- Be in the last undergraduate year at UPF.
- Have a good academic record.
- Have been admitted or are in the process of admission to a Master or Postgraduate course for which you are applying for this Scholarship.
- Apply for the Scholarship at the time of application for admission.
- Submit a motivation letter with the reasons why you have opted for the Scholarship and a list of verifiable merits.
- Upload the required documentation through the eRegistrar platform
- The dates of awarding or denying of the Scholarship will be published on the website.
- The scholarship candidate will personally receive a communication with the procedures to follow in order to formalize it.
The Scholarship Committee assesses academic talent (average grade of the report) and personal talent (the motivation of the candidate and their merits).
The UPF-BSM Scholarships are not compatible with specific aid for the programs, scholarships granted by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, and other UPF-BSM scholarships.
They are compatible with other scholarships from organizations outside the UPF-BSM and with discounts for large families.
They are applied for and granted in accordance with the dates stipulated below:
Academic year programs 2020–21 and 2021–22
- Scholarship application deadline: 03/12/2020, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 14/12/2020
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 06/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 01/11/2021
Remember that you must apply for the scholarship when you complete the application for admission to the program that interests you and always before classes start. The Scholarship cannot be processed for a program that is already being studied.
If you have any questions about how to apply for the UPF-BSM Scholarships, you can contact our scholarship secretariat via email.
Grants and discounts
If you are a member of our alumni associations or of one of our partner universities, we offer you a series of applicable discounts on the amount of tuition for your program.
- UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC Alumni: If you have previously studied at UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC a 15 credits (or more) program and you decide to take on a new program with us, you are entitled to a discount of 20% on your program tuition fees. It is required to be registered in the Alumni network of the UPF Barcelona School of Management upon your application. This discount is not applicable to short courses and postgraduate courses which are part of the same itinerary.
- UPF Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree, a master program or a doctoral program at Pompeu Fabra University, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits) beginning on or after 01/01/2019.
- ESCI-UPF and Tecnocampus Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree or a master at ESCI-UPF or Tecnocampus, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
*Discount not compatible with other scholarships, discounts and reductions.
UPF Employee Discounts
If you are a member or family member of an employee of the UPF group or belonged to the collaborating institutions of the UPF Barcelona School of Management, you can enjoy a series of applicable discounts on the tuition fees for your program.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) of Pompeu Fabra University. You are entitled to a 35% discount on tuition fees for open programs subject to prior communication from the rector's office and/or the UPF general manager's office.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) and Teaching and Research Staff (PDI) of the UPF Group. Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- Relatives (up to second degree) of UPF and the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education's Foundation teaching and research staff (PAS and PDI, in Spanish). Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- If you work at a company member of the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation's Board of Trustees or at any of our councils' companies. Discount of 20% on the tuition fees of our master's and postgraduate courses. Click here to see the companies on the Board of Trustees.
*Discount not compatible with other scholarships, discounts and reductions.
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management collaborates with various banks and financial entities which provide study loans on favorable terms. For more information you can contact any of the following links (in Spanish).
Note, however, that in order to benefit from these special conditions you must have a NIE if you are not a European Citizen. Therefore, UPF Barcelona School of Management strongly recommends international students to seek first for students loans at bank entities of their country of origin, or to search for funding opportunities through international entities.
Postgraduate Course in Total Supply Chain Management