Postgraduate Course in Information and Financial Assessment
The Online Postgraduate Course in Financial Information and Advisory Services (following ESMA guidelines for MiFID II) will equip you with knowledge about financial products and related markets, as well as how they are influenced by their economic and financial environment, so that you can convey the appropriate information and offer the right advice to customers that request it.
This program has been approved by the National Securities Market Commission (known by its Spanish initials CNMV) as a qualification which provides the necessary training to perform financial information and advisory functions, in accordance with European MiFID II regulations.
You can choose how to finance your studies between 3 and 59 months by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours. You can also check the special bank loans available to participants in the UPF Barcelona School of Management.
The Online Postgraduate Course in Financial Information and Advisory Services meets the criteria on knowledge and skills required by professionals offering this type of information, as well as professionals that provide investment advice, as defined in the CNMV’s Technical Guide 4/2017, dated 06/27/2017.
To meet these criteria, the program is structured in 6 modules, with the following main objectives:
- Learn about the main characteristics of the financial system and acquire basic knowledge about the economic context.
- Learn what the action guidelines are depending on the customer, the financial product and the service that is being provided, as well as knowing the procedures required to prevent money laundering, financing of terrorism and market abuse. It presents the key factors in understanding the tax framework when making investment decisions.
- Understand and know how to analyse the main characteristics of the money, fixed income and stock markets.
- Understand derivatives markets, OTC products and the foreign exchange market.
- Understand and know how to analyse the risks of any investment product offered or recommended to customers.
- Know how to determine the needs of customers and be able to analyse their investment objectives. Also know the implications of diversification relative to individual investment alternatives, as well as the difference between past performance scenarios and future returns, and the limits of forecasts.
Who is it for?
The program is aimed at professionals who inform and/or offer financial advice to customers and at professionals who require accreditation from the CNMV, in accordance with European MiFID II regulations.
Patrimonia, the Videoblog of Economy and Finance of the UPF Barcelona School of Management.