Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing
Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing
The pharmaceutical industry is one of the fastest growing markets today. With the Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing from UPF Barcelona School of Management, you will learn the basics of current marketing and specialize in the exclusive concepts and tools of the pharmaceutical sector.
The Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing has been designed so that each participant can acquire a strong training to enable them to access the different positions offered by the pharmaceutical sector, in the field of marketing and sales and areas of contact with patients, customers and health administration.
With updated content and a completely practical approach, at the end of the Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing you will be able to draw up a complete marketing plan for any pharmaceutical product or service. For this, throughout the programme:
- You will learn the basis of current marketing while specialising in the exclusive concepts and tools of the pharmaceutical industry
- you will get a precise overview of the national and international legal-norm framework of the sector
- You will know the specificities of pharmaceutical marketing in both its strategic and operational dimension.
This Master's has been training professionals in the sector for almost three decades, making it a priority reference for pharmaceutical companies when they need to incorporate new talent into their organisations.
Why choose this program
Learn from experts in the pharmaceutical industry
You will train with prestigious professionals from the main pharmaceutical companies. Thanks to close collaborations with the industry, you will benefit from permanently updated contents adapted to the reality of the market.
Take advantage of extracurricular internships
You will have the possibility of carrying out professional practices during the implementation of the programme. These are some of the companies that regularly collaborate with the Masters: Admiral, Amgen, Angelini, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Ferrer, Novartis, Palex or Sanofi, among others.
Develop your skills
The Masters' programme focuses not only on knowledge but also on skills and attitudes. To this end, we emphasise teamwork and interpersonal communication. You will also, through sessions with managers in the sector, find out what professional and personal skills are most dear to young talent.
apply your knowledge to a real case
Throughout the program, you will have to develop a Master's End Work (TFM) for a pharmaceutical product, under real market conditions. TFM will develop it in a team that will have the continued support of a mentor/who will guide you through its development.
Who is it for?
The Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing is aimed at all those professionals interested in developing professionally in the marketing department or in the commercial area of any type of company or institution in the pharmaceutical sector.
The Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing is organized in such a way that the student gradually acquires the necessary knowledge to lead the marketing and business strategy of a pharmaceutical company.
- Introduction to Marketing. Pharmaceutical market. Internal analysis
- Market research: secondary sources and ad-hoc techniques
- Digital competitive intelligence
- SWOT. Marketing objectives
- Segmentation and Positioning. Case study
- Marketing strategies for mature products
- Marketing strategies for generic drugs
- Promotional legislation. Self-regulation
- Strategy and high performance teams (Marketing-Medical-Market-Access)
- The ROI of the marketing plan
- Introduction to Finance
- The operating account
- Financial impacts of marketing decisions
- Case study: return on investments
- Research, development and authorization of medicines. Fase IV.
- Management of opinion leaders. Scientific evidence-based communication (MSL)
- How to add value to a medicine: health outcomes research
- Pharmaeconomics/Value Dossier.
- Search for information and scientific intelligence
- Medical strategic plans - Market Access. Case studies
- Promotion and advertising of medicines. Transparency. Handling a crisis due to security reasons
- The Health System in Spain and Market Access customers
- Price and reimbursement of medicines. Therapeutic positioning report. Evaluation and access committees
- Access strategies: hospital vision and Primary Care
- Pharmaceutical policy of the Autonomous Communities in evaluation and access to new drugs. Strategies to drive usage recommendations.
- SWOT analysis of the company and product portfolio design
- Management of the life cycle of products. Licensing in/out
- Strategic marketing vs operational marketing. TPP
- Brand identity
- International brand management. Global/local marketing interaction
- Pharma business development
- The US pharma market
- Patient engagement
- Corporate strategy: case study
- The Sales Plan
- Analysis of a zone. Case study
- New sales models
- Introduction to the national and international hospital market
- Competitive analysis and market intelligence
- Purchase systems and market access
- Mature product life cycle management
- Case studies
- Self-medication and OTC marketing variables. Case studies
- Marketing Parapharmacy products
- Marketing Parapharmacy products. Finisher case study
- ANEFP: Mission, organization and functions
- Pharmacy channel management: the relationship with pharmacists and assistants
- Pharmacy channel management: communication at the point of sale
- Sales force management: sales effectiveness
- Mental frameworks: insight point of connection with audiences
- Workshop: digital service design
- Workshop: digital service brief
- The healthcare communication agency
- Communication strategies for new products and mature products
- Communication strategies for global brands
- Estrategias DTC para productos Rx
- Análisis creativo de comunicaciones a profesionales y usuarios
- Relationship marketing and loyalty fundamentals
- Application of Relationship Marketing to the pharmaceutical sector
- Website: role and planning.
- Integration of social networks in Relationship Marketing
- Push & pull digital strategies for the prescriber
- Digital supports for the sales team
- SEM campaigns: Google Ads. SEO.
- New pharma digital business models.
- Competency assessment
- Personal leadership
- Energy and enthusiasm for High Performance. The strength of resilience
- Organization, personal productivity and time management
- Professional career experiences
- Efficient presentations
- Projects explanation
- Presentation preparation
- Deliveries (milestones and final)
BSM Inside is a transversal and interdisciplinary module, common to all master's and postgraduate degrees at UPF Barcelona School of Management, which has been conceived to work on a set of key competencies for professional development in conjunction with the real needs of today's organizations.
This module extends throughout the academic year and is made up of 3 areas of knowledge that constitute the identity traits of the UPF-BSM: Communication; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; and Planetary Well-being and Humanities.
All the subjects of the BSM Inside module are 100% online and have been designed as self-learning subjects: from the first day of the subject until the end of the term you will have all the teaching materials available on the eCampus and you can work with the material and the different activities that it contains at your own pace, according to your availability and in a self-organized way.
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you the possibility of expanding your training and international vision through the International Mobility Programme. Extend your studies extracurricularly, during the academic year following the completion of your Master's, at a top-level institution. Limited places.
Once you have passed the program, you will be awarded a degree of Máster en Marketing Farmacéutico, issued by the Pompeu Fabra University.
The teaching staff of the Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing are unique. Entirely made up of active professionals in the sector, they will give you an up-to-date vision of the pharmaceutical sector and current market needs.
Director of the Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing.
Director of the Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing.
All the teaching sessions of the Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing will include discussion, real cases and practical exercises. In addition, there will be the opportunity to develop a thesis throughout the course, worked in a group and under the supervision of a professor.
The master combines the active participation of the student with the learning of theoretical and practical concepts. This type of learning focuses on the discussion and resolution of practical cases in the classroom, as well as on the practical application of the acquired knowledge in real situations.
Group Master's Final Project
The Master's Final Project will respond to a challenge posed by a pharmaceutical company. By mixing different profiles in the group, the Master's Project will allow you to acquire the necessary ideas to create the entire marketing plan for a pharmaceutical product.
Throughout the course, you will be able to request personalized coaching sessions with the Academic Management of the master's program and with the person responsible for it in the Professional Careers Services
Healthcare agencies collaboration
During the development of TFM, you will have the opportunity to work with a heraldcare agency that will develop the creative concept of a communication campaign for your project. In the last edition of the Masters, the contributing agencies have been: CDM Barcelona, DDB Healthcare, Global Healthcare and Paradigma Health.
Charlas con líderes del sector
Con el objetivo de acercarte al máximo a la realidad de la Industria Farmacéutica, el programa incluye sesiones con directivos de empresas farmacéuticas que compartirán contigo su visión del sector desde la perspectiva de sus responsabilidades funcionales, así como su opinión sobre las competencias clave para triunfar en él.
Testimonios de orientación profesional
Además de obtener conocimientos en marketing farmacéutico, el máster debe servirte también para tu orientación profesional. Para ello, tendremos ocasión de que distintos perfiles de profesionales del sector nos cuenten su día a día y te sirvan de referencia e inspiración en tus decisiones de carrera profesional.
From the first day, a mentor (an active professional in the pharmaceutical sector and a former student of the program) will guide you throughout the process of carrying out your work.
Thesis: realization and public defence of a group thesis.
Individual work: individually undertaking exercises concerning real cases.
Attendance: a high level of attendance is required for the course sessions.
Project-oriented learning and the combination of lectures and active methodologies such as case studies, flipped learning, solving real problems and professional simulations allow the student to connect theory and practice, acquire advanced skills and achieve learning which is transferable to work.
You will have:
- Master's or postgraduate work to learn by doing
- A personal mentor to monitor your Master's Final Project (TFM) or Postgraduate Final Project (TFP)
- Digital resources to achieve transversal skills
- Interdisciplinary activities and workshops
If you want to enter the pharmaceutical industry, the Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing is the training you need. Fully integrated by professors who are also professionals in the sector, you will develop your managerial skills to face the challenges of this constantly changing market.
The Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing is the training you need to enter the professional market. In its 25 courses, more than 400 students have passed, some from the health area such as Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Physics, Chemistry or Nutrition, and others from the management area such as Business Administration, Advertising and Marketing who want to focus their professional career in the pharmaceutical sector.
Number of years of professional experience
The Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing aims to convert those who study it into competent professionals in the area of pharmaceutical marketing. The program allows the option of carrying out extracurricular internships in pharmaceutical companies.
- Brand/Product Management: Comprehensive Marketing and Communication Management applied to any pharmaceutical company and to any category of pharmaceutical product or service: prescription, hospital, OTC, Parapharmacy, etc.
- Medical Marketing: Management that combines scientific knowledge with Marketing knowledge to provide commercial discourse based on scientific evidence to the Brand Managers' team.
- Market Access: Management oriented towards institutional decision-makers of Public Administrations, both at national and regional level, in order to gain access to the product market.
- Market research: Marketing services responsible for providing market and customer intelligence to Marketing Management and Brand Managers.
- Commercial: Commercial management in sales teams for both medical or hospital visits and sales to pharmacy offices.
- Service companies to the pharmaceutical sector: Marketing and/or commercial functions in healthcare agencies, consulting firms specialized in Pharma, market research institutes, etc.
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
A university degree is needed to apply for the Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing. Professionals with verifiable merits but without academic training can also apply.
Those participants who do not have Spanish as one of their mother tongues or who did not have it as a teaching language in their training studies, must prove that they have at least a B2 level of Spanish (Common European Framework of Reference), as well as fluently take part in a personal interview with the academic director, if necessary. If there is a lack of fluency in oral comprehension, additional certifications or tests may be requested to allow adequate and sufficient monitoring of the sessions.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 1046.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Grants and discounts
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management collaborates with various banks and financial entities which provide study loans on favorable terms. For more information you can contact any of the following links (in Spanish).
Note, however, that in order to benefit from these special conditions you must have a NIE if you are not a European Citizen. Therefore, UPF Barcelona School of Management strongly recommends international students to seek first for students loans at bank entities of their country of origin, or to search for funding opportunities through international entities.
Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing