Master in Digital Marketing Management
The Master of Digital Marketing Management aims to empower marketing professionals to lead conscious economic progress in their organisations, through digital marketing management.
Classes start: 27 September, 2023 (To be confirmed)
Program ends: 30 June, 2024 (To be confirmed)
In October 2020, the Master in Digital Marketing Management celebrated its 15th anniversary. During those fifteen years, more than 400 people of 21 different nationalities have taken it, and these individuals are currently carrying out their professional careers in the world of digital marketing in multinational companies, SMEs, agencies, consultancies, or in their own start-ups created during the master. As a result of this trajectory, the EDUNIVERSAL ranking places the program among the 15 best masters in its speciality on an international level and qualifies it as the second best master at the national level.
In addition to studying the theoretical bases of digital marketing, you will create a relationship and digital marketing plan based on an individual project with the personalized support of a mentor.
In order to provide theoretical and practical knowledge in this master in marketing management, conceptual and strategic competencies and practical and instrumental skills are balanced. You will work in coaching sessions on key competencies: leadership, empathy, creativity, or emotional intelligence.
This then allows you to adapt to the accelerated pace of changes to which you find yourself subjected and acquire all those necessary management skills.
The program is designed so that each participant achieves six essential objectives:
- Incorporate a vision of marketing with a focus on the Customer, not the product.
- Incorporate a business vision on which to develop the strategic planning of the brand and the relational strategies to attract and retain customers, with an eye on the ROI of their action plans.
- Incorporate the fundamentals of data-driven marketing that allow us to know how to obtain and exploit them profitably, in accordance with the current legislative framework (GDPR).
- Incorporate key knowledge for the definition and implementation of their own digital channels, as well as for the planning and management of communication campaigns, with special emphasis on an integrated use of digital channels and the mobilizing creativity of their content.
- Incorporate technical knowledge to adequately develop a systematic policy for measuring user behaviour, both in channels and in campaigns.
- Incorporate a technological sensitivity that allows effective dialogue with the different technical specialists, essential for the implementation of digital marketing activities.
With the Master in Digital Marketing Management you will become a competent expert both in management and in decision-making, and in the execution of marketing and its associated technical-technological dimension.
The Master in Digital Marketing Management is endorsed by Pompeu Fabra University, the 1st Spanish university and the 15th best university in the world (of those with less than 50 years), according to the Times Higher Education ranking. In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management has EQUIS accreditation, the most prestigious institutional recognition for business schools globally.
Why choose this program
Learn from professionals in the sector
The teaching team consists of experts from the digital marketing sector, a large number of them, Masters students. All subjects include a practical approach with knowledge on permanent upgrade
Puts the focus on the business
Strengthens business orientation with customer-centric marketing built on key pillars (data, strategy, content, channels, analytics, and technology, among others) and combines a solid conceptual base with experience in the use of online marketing tools (Google Analytics & Data Studio, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.).
Customize your knowledge in the Master's Final Project
Apply everything learned in the Master's Final Project, an individual project freely chosen by each participant, in which a complete marketing plan is developed for an existing company or the student's own entrepreneurial initiative.
Take advantage of extracurricular internships
The course offers the possibility of doing professional internships in leading companies and organizations such as Nestlé, Ogilvy, RocaSalvatella, Seat, FC Barcelona or Sanofi, among others.
Develop your skills
Grow your digital skills and professional development competencies with the support of teachers and individualized coaching.
Who is it for?
The Master in Digital Marketing Management is aimed at marketing technicians who want to become experts in the use of digital media and tools. This is a master with an entrepreneurial spirit which it also aims to find and develop in its participants. An entrepreneurial spirit that must not only serves the economic progress of companies and organizations but also aims to generate a positive impact on people, society, and the planet.
The program is structured in the following 6 areas of knowledge: strategic planning of relationship and digital marketing, data management, digital channels and content management, online analytics, marketing technology and economic planning.
The practical application of knowledge is achieved throughout the development of the Master's Final Project, a relationship and digital marketing plan based on an individual project, freely chosen by each participant and guided by their mentor, and whose purpose should be to have a positive impact in the world, aligning with some of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
Likewise, the master emphasizes key professional competencies such as emotional intelligence, communication skills, or the definition of digital identity and personal brand.
All of the above fulfils the aim of the master when each participant transfers what they have learned to their professional field. To do this, the UPF Barcelona School of Management—through its Career Services department—offers the possibility of carrying out extracurricular professional internships during the development of the program for those who are not yet working.
- Customer knowledge: empathy map, buyer persona, and customer journey (B2C, B2B)
- Analysis of the environment and competitive framework. Digital benchmark
- Differential Marketing (DFM)
- Business opportunity and value proposition
- Strategic brand planning
- Content strategy: introduction, definition of pillars, orchestration of channels and emitters
- Introduction to data
- Legislative framework: GDPR and the Information Society Services Act
- Data capture strategies
- Use of data
- Programming. Identity resolution. Cookieless
- Data manager and transformation of organizations
- Introduction to digital channels: owned/paid/earned
- Introduction to mobile marketing
- Mobile marketing: Apps and UX
- Organic positioning (SEO)
- Owned media: introduction to social networks and strategy
- Owned media: social network planning
- Zoom on main channels: related features and tools (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, LinkedIn, WeChat)
- Earned media: crisis management and influencers (I)
- Earned media: influencers (II) and consumer recommendations
- Social Media Optimization (SMO) and social commerce
- Fundamental concepts for e-commerce: ingredients, channels, and metrics
- How to build your own sales channel (I): architecture, development, and platforms (OpenSource, Shopify, Magento, WordPress options)
- How to build your own sales channel (II): data management, customers, and payments
- How to develop external sales channels: marketplaces (Amazon, Etsy, eBay), social commerce (Facebook, Instagram), price comparators (Google Shopping)
- Conversions and optimization of results in e-commerce
- Logistics in e-commerce: strategy, optimization, and operators
- Customer-brand relationship cycle. Prioritization of gaps
- Key elements in an acquisition strategy
- The offer: basic and optional ingredients
- Customer journey of the Master's Final Project (acquisition)
- Behavioural economics: the levers of human motivation
- Product-led growth (2)
- Calculation of acquisition ROI
- Key elements of a loyalty plan and product-led growth
- Sales strategies: upselling, cross-selling and MGM
- Retention and recovery of ex-clients strategies
- Customer Lifetime Value (LTV) and Customer Total Value (CTV)
- Master's Final Project customer journey (loyalty)
- Management of the emailing channel
- Calculation of loyalty ROI
- SEM: introduction and planning
- Google ads: setup campaigns
- Google ads: launch campaigns
- Social paid: introduction and planning
- Facebook/IG ads: setup and launch campaigns
- Follow-up campaigns Google ads & Facebook ads/Instagram ads
- MarTech Masterclass: programmatic advertising ecosystem
- Measurement strategy
- Web tracking analytics (Google Analytics)
- Conversion tracking (Google Analytics)
- Data visualization and dashboards (Google Data Studio)
- From CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) to product-led growth
- Introduction to tech basics for marketers
- Data and analysis: infrastructure, tools, and programming
- Basic concepts of infrastructure and web and app programming
- SEO, communications, and marketing automation
- Communications and adtech: technological aspects of the advertising ecosystem
- MarTech Masterclass: 5G and IoT
- MarTech Masterclass: metaverse
- Digital skills map and lifelong learning
- From self-management of digital identity to personal branding
- Digital project management
- Quarterly individual performance review
- Individual projects: selection criteria, milestones, evaluation
- Individual projects: business ideas inspiration
- Individual projects: SDGs and planetary well-being
- Digital marketing: omnichannel
- Definition of individual project
- Workshop: definition of MRD plan structure
- Business model. Revenue model
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and product-led growth
- Economic plan
- Monthly milestones for monitoring
- Final project defence
BSM Inside is a transversal and interdisciplinary module, common to all master's and postgraduate degrees at UPF Barcelona School of Management, which has been conceived to work on a set of key competencies for professional development in conjunction with the real needs of today's organizations.
This module extends throughout the academic year and is made up of 3 areas of knowledge that constitute the identity traits of the UPF-BSM: Communication; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; and Planetary Well-being and Humanities.
All the subjects of the BSM Inside module are 100% online and have been designed as self-learning subjects: from the first day of the subject until the end of the term you will have all the teaching materials available on the eCampus and you can work with the material and the different activities that it contains at your own pace, according to your availability and in a self-organized way.
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you the possibility of expanding your training and international vision through the International Mobility Programme. Extend your studies extracurricularly, during the academic year following the completion of your Master's, at a top-level institution. Limited places.
Once you have passed the program, you will obtain an electronic degree (e-Título) Lifelong Learning Master in Digital Marketing Management issued by the Pompeu Fabra University
The e-Título is an authentic digital degree, issued in pdf format and electronically signed, with the same legal validity as if it were in paper format.
The master is taught by teachers who are professionals in digital marketing. This guarantees a continuous update of the academic contents, as well as a pragmatic and practical methodological approach.
Senior Lecturer UPF-BSM
Program Academic Director
Program Academic Director
Associate Professor UPF
Program Academic Director
Senior Lecturer UPF-BSM
Program Academic Director
Teaching Assistant UPF-BSM
The Master’s methodology in Digital Marketing Management aims to accompany you continuously and customarily throughout the program. To this end, it combines several learning methods.
Master's group sessions will be mostly held in a presential manner, with the exception of some, which will be taught in streaming, through webinar and meeting platforms.
In all sessions, teachers facilitate learning dynamics and deepen the appropriate content. The work that can be assessed for each subject will be explained at the appropriate group meetings to facilitate its preparation.
Throughout the Master's, you will work on your own professional challenge: a project that each participant defines from the start. A mentor will guide and supervise your project, helping you to apply the skills acquired during the Masters, to develop analysis and diagnostic skills and to make workable proposals for its implementation.
In addition, the Academic Management Team keeps track of the evolution of each participant by providing the necessary support for the maximum use of the programme.
Collaborative flipped classroom
In this methodology the tasks are reversed: you will review the materials (documents, videos, and other sources) before the class, and you will work on them with other participants of the master, solve exercises and submit them in the class sessions. In this way we encourage participation, critical thinking, collaborative work, and creativity.
Individual project (Master's Final Project)
Master's Final Work will respond to a real challenge, with a strategic and operational marketing plan of a project that connects to your personal interests and professional aspirations. TFM will allow you to deepen the application to your project of all the concepts, techniques and tools provided in the group sessions.
Individual project mentoring
From the first day, a mentor (professional from the marketing sector or master's alumni) will guide you, challenge your ideas, help you identify reference teachers, projects, companies, and activities with which to enrich your project and give you emotional support.
Development of skills and competences
We have identified the key competences that favour your professional development: leadership, communication, cooperation, adaptive thinking and autonomous learning. We will work these skills in a personalized manner throughout the development of the TFM and its milestones. In addition, through masterclasses with digital marketing professionals, we will develop the key competences for effective management.
Individual Progress Tracking
After the first and second trimesters of the program, you will have an individual track session with a member of the Academic Management Team. In it you can contrast your evolution in the program and you will get feedback on your progress. The purpose will be to help you to get the fullest performance from the Masters and connect it to your professional development.
The evaluation of the progress of each participant is carried out continuously throughout the program of the master and takes into account the following aspects:
- Exercises prior to the teaching sessions (self/peer evaluation)
- Exercises corresponding to each of the subjects
- Individual project: report of the Master's Final Project and its presentation in monthly milestones and final defence
- Assessment of learning progress (mentor)
- A minimum compulsory attendance of 80% of the program's teaching sessions is required
The On-Campus&Live methodology allows you to follow the program in person and also remotely.
In this modality, two stable subgroups are opened that will coexist throughout the course: one face-to-face and the other with 100% remote students. The remote students (a maximum of 15 places per course) will follow the program in a synchronous way with the face-to-face students. That is, they will share the same school calendar and schedule as the face-to-face students.
Project-oriented learning and the combination of lectures and active methodologies such as case studies, flipped learning, solving real problems, and professional simulations allow the student to connect theory and practice, acquire advanced skills, and achieve learning which is transferable to the job. The face-to-face modality is enriched with elements of online programs (virtual learning environment, multimedia resources, among others) so that the learning experience of the two subgroups is equally satisfactory.
You will have:
- Master's or postgraduate work to learn by doing
- A personal mentor to monitor your Master's Final Project (TFM) or Postgraduate Final Project (TFP)
- Digital resources to achieve transversal skills
- Interdisciplinary activities and workshops
- Digital resources and audiovisual blocks for online learning
- Active methodologies for transferable learning
The current environment so intensely impacted by COVID-19, has shown that the digitization of companies is not only essential, but is a matter of strict survival. All organizations must continue to compete in an uncertain environment, for which their marketing needs to be effective and responsible more than ever.
All this creates a great professional opportunity for those who are true experts in digital marketing, since they will find a wide range of professional opportunities among their multiple specialties or will be able to develop their own entrepreneurial initiative (start-up).
The Master in Digital Marketing Management brings together students from more than 21 countries and mostly from the Marketing and Sales area, although some also have previous experience in Journalism, Business Administration and Management, Economics, or Psychology. Most of the participants already have, in addition to their university studies, some experience in the world of work and seek to take another step in their professional career. In addition, all share the entrepreneurial spirit of this program.
This is the profile of the people you will share this master with:
- They have enough knowledge about marketing foundations and some work experience in the areas of marketing, communication or trade.
- They have an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to progress, whether in a company/organisation or in an own-initiative
- They demonstrate high motivation to pursue a demanding master's degree that requires continued dedication throughout the program
- They show a participatory attitude in class and collaborative with their peers and teachers
Previous studies in Advertising and Marketing
Previous studies in Journalism
Previous studies in Business Administration and Management
The Master in Digital Marketing Management aims to turn those who study it into competent professionals both in management and in the execution of digital marketing and its associated technical-technological dimension.
It includes the option of doing extracurricular internships.
- Digital Marketing Manager: in charge of the implementation, start-up, and control of the digital marketing plan of a company or brand
- E-Commerce Manager: in charge of creating and/or managing an online store and generating profitable business from it, with the help of social networks
- Digital Media Planner: in charge of online media planning (social networks, apps, search engines, banners, online TV, etc.)
- Digital Analyst: in charge of giving meaning and sense to the data collected through the different online measurement tools (site-centric and user-centric)
- Content Manager: in charge of managing and co-ordinating the digital content generated by a company or a brand
- Acquisition/Traffic Specialist: in charge of the management and control of the engagement traffic that comes to a digital property, either via organic and/or paid traffic channels.
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
To gain access to the Master in Digital Marketing Management you need to have a university degree.
Those participants who do not have Spanish as one of their mother tongues or who did not have it as a teaching language in their training studies, must prove that they have at least a B2 level of Spanish (Common European Framework of Reference), as well as fluently take part in a personal interview with the academic director, if necessary. In case of not showing fluency in oral comprehension, additional certifications or tests may be requested that allow the sessions to be adequately followed.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through its form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Applications are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Resgistration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your transcript of records.
- If you have a foreign degree, we will indicate you in the admission letter the specific instructions of the documents required
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 1105.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Grants and discounts
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
Master in Digital Marketing Management