Master in Corporate and Strategic Communication
From September to February, Fridays from 16.00 to 21.00 pm and Saturdays from 9.30 to 14.30 pm. From February to June, Thursdays from 19.00 to 21.30 pm, Fridays from 16.00 to 21.00 pm and Saturdays from 9.30 to 14.30 pm
In a world that is becoming more digital by the day and with fewer borders, communication has become a key part of organizations. Its role has become more crosscutting and affects both tangible and intangible aspects: the brand, story and reputation, as well as people or talent management, among many others. The Master in Corporate and Strategic Communication prepares the people who will carry out and lead these functions in an exciting environment that is constantly changing.
During the course you will learn how to develop communication strategies for all kinds of organizations and embody them in operational plans ready to be applied in practice. You will gain in-depth knowledge of the different areas of communication management: internal, digital, media, crisis management, public relations, branding and social and ethical responsibility. You will explore the possibilities of the different tools, platforms and technologies. And you will grow your leadership skills in order to construct stories for interpersonal, professional or media communication and to perform public presentations that have an impact.
The Master in Corporate and Strategic Communication is aimed at university graduates in any discipline who want to expand and update their professional potential in this field.
Why this program?
- Because it is oriented around professional practice and has up-to-date content. You will learn how a communication department or a communication and PR agency works, is organized and is managed. When you have completed the course, you will know how to produce and put into practice a communication plan that includes external and internal communication, social networks, brand management, content strategy, event organization, crisis prevention, the corporate purpose and the company's social commitment, among many other aspects.
- Because you will have the skills to work in companies, organizations, institutions and other bodies in a very wide range of sectors. You will know a wide range of techniques and platforms within the field of communication that will put you in an outstanding position to access jobs with a future and increasing responsibility.
- Because you will learn with the guidance of professionals who are also experienced teachers, who will share with you their knowledge of their everyday work and valuable reflections arising from years of practice: Joan Francesc Cánovas, a consultant in training spokespeople and crisis communication; Xavier Marcet, CEO of Lead to Change; Belén Badia, Director of People, Communication and Systems at Uriach; Genís Roca, the founder of RocaSalvatella; Jordi Mateu, the creator and director of SUMMA Branding; Daniel Ayuso, creative director at Cla-Se BCN Comunicació Gràfica; and Ferran Ramon-Cortés, a specialist in personal communication and director of the 5 Fars Communication Institute, among others.
- Because you will develop a strategic communication project based on a current challenge in a real organization, which you will present to the people who have the responsibility for putting it into practice: directors of communication from organizations such as Bayer, Nissan, Balearia, BASF, SEAT, Sanofi, the Catalan Architects Association, Grup Lavínia, Mercabarna, RACC, Nestlé and Banc Sabadell.
- Because it offers you the possibility of internships in companies such as Asepeyo, Atrevia, BASF, Bayer, Barcelona Chamber of Commerce, Intermon Oxfam, Uriach, Tinkle, Lewis Communications, Wonderbox, Grup Lavínia and LLYC, among many others.
- Because it is a successful program, which was taught for the first time in 1996 and has trained hundreds of professionals from Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain and various countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Who is it for?
The Master in Corporate and Strategic Communication is aimed at university graduates in any speciality.
For people who are beginning their career or want to switch to this field, the master's program offers a way of specialising, expanding their knowledge and gaining skills that are highly useful for entering the world of corporate communication.
For expert professionals, the programs are a key opportunity to refresh their skills and structure the experience they have acquired to put them in an ideal position to drive their career forward.