Postgraduate Course in International Finance
Postgraduate Course in International Finance
With the Postgraduate Course in International Finance you will acquire the knowledge required to align the evolution of the economic and financial environment with the management of companies operating globally.
The Postgraduate Course in International Finance will train you as an expert in finance and accounting, especially in companies with a strong international presence. Basic aspects such as detailed information on international accounting regulations, multinational financial management, or international taxation will be covered.
Throughout the course, international financial reporting standards, aspects related to the financing of international operations, and the most common management control systems in multinational companies will be dealt with in detail. You will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the functioning of international accounting regulations (IFRS) and an understanding of the elements required for optimum decision-making in investment and finance in international settings.
The course will also provide you with the ability to design the optimum tax plan for a company, taking matters of international taxation into consideration and the understanding of the functioning of foreign currency accounts and the most appropriate financial products to manage exchange rate, interest rate, and country risk.
The Postgraduate Course in International Finance is endorsed by Pompeu Fabra University, the 1st Spanish university and the 15th best university in the world (of those with less than 50 years), according to the Times Higher Education ranking. In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management has EQUIS accreditation, the most prestigious institutional recognition for business schools globally.
Why choose this program
Study at an accredited school
Study at a school accredited by EQUIS, an international distinction that guarantees the quality of our institution and makes us the 1st school
of management linked to a public university with this accreditation in our country.
Excellent teaching staff with a double approach
The program has a first-rate academic board and teaching staff, composed of academics from the Department of Economics and Business at Pompeu Fabra University, and professionals from the main companies in the sector.
Adapted to you
Same program, content, and academic qualification, offered in three different modalities: face-to-face, blended, and online to adapt to your personal and professional situation.
Complete your studies
If at the end of the postgraduate course you want to complete your training, you can apply for the Master in Financial and Accounting Management at UPF-BSM, which recognizes the credits obtained in the Postgraduate course.
Who is it for?
The program is aimed at university graduates preferably in the area of business administration and management, economics, and accounting and finance, who want to specialize in the financial field, as well as professionals with financial experience who need to update or gain new knowledge.
It is an advanced program and it is important to have previous training and/or experience in the area.
The Postgraduate course consists of 4 subjects and is complemented by a Final Project in which the student applies the knowledge of the content acquired during the course.
- Management control systems to evaluate the performance in multinational corporations
- Effective decision making in international business.
- Controlling subsidiaries
- IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment
- IAS 40 Investment Property
- IAS 12 Income Taxes
- IAS 23 Borrowing Costs
- IFRS 5 Non-current Assets Held for Sale and Discontinued Operations
- IFRS 16 Leases
- IAS 38 Intangible Assets
- IAS 36 Impairment of Assets
- IAS 2 Inventories
- IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- IFRS 8 Operating Segments
- IAS 33 Earnings Per Share
- IFRS 10 Consolidated Financial Statements
- IFRS 11 Joint Arrangements
- IFRS 12 Disclosure of Interests in Other Entities
- IFRS 9 Financial Instruments
- Introduction and taxation systems
- Taxes and jurisdictions
- Transfer pricing
- Legal tax avoidance schemes to take advantage of low tax countries
- International finance Management
- Treasury Management
- Foreign exchange and cash flow hedge
- Enterprise risk Management
This subject is intended for students to show that they have internalized the content developed during postgraduate studies and that they are capable of applying them in different environments. It is a project that seeks to integrate all or several of the subjects developed during the postgraduate course.
Once you have passed the program, you will obtain an electronic degree (e-Título) for the Curso de Postgrado en Finanzas Internacionales, issued by Pompeu Fabra University.
The e-Título is an authentic digital degree, issued in pdf format and electronically signed, with the same legal validity as if it were in paper format.
The teaching team is made up of lecturers from the UPF's Economics and Business area and professionals from the sector, who guarantee the UPF-BSM's teaching rigour.
Associate Professor UPF-BSM
The program has a very practical and professional approach. Theory and practice are combined with a participatory methodology that integrates the exposition of theoretical concepts by the teachers with the active intervention of the participants.
Linked with the professional world
Throughout the course, real and current practical cases will be worked on and discussed, allowing you to apply the concepts learned and to face possible situations and scenarios that you will find in your professional activity.
Working in groups will allow you to share and compare different views, knowledge, and opinions with classmates from diverse origins. This will enhance your academic experience and strengthen your networking.
Through different practical exercises, students will have to propose the most suitable solution, applying the knowledge acquired.
Continuous assessment. The following are common evaluation activities:
- Case studies, exercises, and activities
- Oral presentations and active participation in class
- Class attendance (minimum 80%)
- Final Project
The activities will be carried out individually and also in a group, promoting teamwork.
Project-oriented learning and the combination of lectures and active methodologies such as case studies, flipped learning, solving real problems and professional simulations allow the student to connect theory and practice, acquire advanced skills and achieve learning which is transferable to work.
You will have:
- Master's or postgraduate work to learn by doing
- A personal mentor to monitor your Master's Final Project (TFM) or Postgraduate Final Project (TFP)
- Digital resources to achieve transversal skills
- Interdisciplinary activities and workshops
The program is aimed at all those professionals with experience in the field of Accounting and Finance who want to take on new challenges and responsibilities in this area in companies with a strong international presence.
You will be in class with professionals coming from the area of Accounting and Finance, Economics, or Business Administration who want to learn and acquire new knowledge to apply it in their current jobs.
The Postgraduate is part of the Master's in Financial and Accounting Management thus, the class will be composed of students coming from both the Postgraduate and the Master's programs.
Average years of working experience
The postgraduate course is advanced training that focuses on the main aspects of finance to prioritize professional careers in this area, specially in global firms or companies operating internationally.
- Auditor of multinational companies accounts
- Department of international Operations
- Financial Director of a multinational company
- Business consultant on international accounting and tax matters
- Financial consultant
- Staff / intermediate command in multinational Financial Department
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
University graduates or graduates with a university degree.
Likewise, other candidates may be able to access the selection process without the required university degree due to their professional or academic merits, and the place they work.
Knowledge of English: those students who are not native English speakers will be asked for at least B2 English (CEFR). Participants who have English as their native language will not have to submit any certificates.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 3297.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Grants and discounts
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
Postgraduate Course in International Finance