Learn about best business practices in sustainability marketing to evaluate consumer reactions to sustainable products and services. You will learn to structure sustainability policies in product design, pricing, communication and promotion, and you will design sustainability innovation strategies: detection of opportunities and predicted reactions from the markets.
Managing while incorporating a vision of economic, environmental and social sustainability is an obligation for all companies. Marketing is one of the most complex areas in which to apply sustainable processes due to the trade-offs involved between social and environmental requirements and the demand for competitiveness in the market. Consumers know what they want: the commitment to sustainability is an increasingly important purchase driver.
The environmental crisis has led researchers and company directors to adopt a new approach to the basic principles of marketing actions, and to marketing objectives and strategies. This new approach is not merely at the conceptual level, but is also implemented in marketing mix policies: product development, pricing, forms of communication, and distribution and access strategies.
It is important to be aware of how today’s consumers will specifically react to sustainability policies. It is also important understand the keys for making structural changes within marketing departments, to go from merely responding to the market to actually creating sustainable preferences and responses from suppliers and consumers.
Why choose this program
A practical approach to learning
Theoretical knowledge is complemented with a participatory analysis of the best practices of companies and with additional reading materials, which facilitate improvement and interaction between participants.
Spread over four afternoon sessions, enabling you to gain in-depth knowledge about Sustainability marketing without neglecting your professional obligations.
Grow your network of professional contacts with high level executives.
This Executive Education Course in Sustainability marketing combines lecturer presentations with student participation.
It takes a theoretical-practical approach, to facilitate learning, make it fun and encourage participant interaction, student-to-student and student-to-lecturer.
Political consumer, citizen consumer, eco consumer, socially responsible consumer. What facts and research has been carried out in each of these fields?
- Product design
- How to communicate
- How to set prices
- How to distribute
- How to build the credibility of the brand
Upon passing the Executive Education Course in Sustainability marketing, you will receive an official certificate from UPF Barcelona School of Management endorsed by the prestigious Pompeu Fabra University, the top ranked university in Spain and Latin America (Times Higher Education Ranking 2020).
Vice Dean of Executive Education
Senior Lecturer BSM
The Executive Education courses combine content that is key for any professional currently employed in or seeking a managerial role, with activities aimed at putting the acquired knowledge into practice.
Collaborative learning and real case studies
The diversity of student profiles enriches learning through a shared and interdisciplinary perspective. An integrative learning approach is used in the classroom, in which the active participation of all classmates is promoted in the form of dialogue and exchange of ideas for the resolution of various real case studies.
The program has a theoretical base, taught by lecturers, complemented with practical experience acquired in class through real business case studies.
We take full advantage of the time available, concentrating valuable learning within a few hours, in accordance with the demands of our participants, who hold positions of great responsibility in important companies.
Evaluation consists of following the sessions and practical case studies worked on in class.
The On-Campus&Live methodology allows you to follow the program in person and also remotely.
In this modality, two stable subgroups are opened that will coexist throughout the course: one face-to-face and the other with 100% remote students. The remote students will follow the program in a synchronous way with the face-to-face students. That is, they will share the same school calendar and schedule as the face-to-face students.
Personalized, interdisciplinary, and based on management as a practical resource for bringing ideas to life.
Executive Education training combines fundamental content for any professional currently employed in or seeking a managerial role, with activities aimed at putting the acquired knowledge into practice.
The Executive Education Course participant ecosystem is made up of professionals with a relevant career history.
The diversity of profiles and sectors represented in Executive training at UPF-BSM contributes added value to the learning experience. It consists of directors, CEOs, managers, executives, entrepreneurs, consultants and heads of teams, areas and departments.
Average years of professional experience
This Executive Education program will provide you with the necessary knowledge to exercise executive and Director/Management functions.
- Team or Department manager.
- Strategic consultant.
- Management positions in functional areas related to sustainability marketing, CSR, product design, etc.
- Entrepreneur with your own project, thanks to the broad business vision provided to ensure its success.
- Intrapreneur: entrepreneur of projects within your organization.
Admission and enrolment
The admission and enrolment process for this course consists of a few simple steps.
Who can apply?
Our Executive Education Courses are aimed at professionals in or seeking management positions and looking to acquire or recycle essential knowledge for their executive professional development.
How to apply?
To enrol in this program, you must read and accept the Contract Terms and Conditions and fill in the registration form.
The following steps need to be taken to register for the course:
1. Fill in the admission application form. You will receive a username and password to access the eSecretaría platform.
2. On the platform, upload a scanned copy of your ID (both sides).
3. Go to the "Enrolment" section to pay for the course by credit card or bank transfer.
In certain cases, additional documentation may be requested.
The application is subject to the availability of places.
Grants, scholarships and financing
Grants and discounts
If you are a member of our alumni associations or of one of our partner universities, we offer you a series of applicable discounts on the amount of tuition for your program.
- UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC Alumni: If you have previously studied at UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC a 15 credits (or more) program and you decide to take on a new program with us, you are entitled to a discount of 20% on your program tuition fees. It is required to be registered in the Alumni network of the UPF Barcelona School of Management upon your application. This discount is not applicable to short courses and postgraduate courses which are part of the same itinerary.
- UPF Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree, a master program or a doctoral program at Pompeu Fabra University, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits) beginning on or after 01/01/2019.
- ESCI-UPF and Tecnocampus Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree or a master at ESCI-UPF or Tecnocampus, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
UPF Employee Discounts
If you are a member or family member of an employee of the UPF group or belonged to the collaborating institutions of the UPF Barcelona School of Management, you can enjoy a series of applicable discounts on the tuition fees for your program.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) of Pompeu Fabra University. You are entitled to a 35% discount on tuition fees for open programs subject to prior communication from the rector's office and/or the UPF general manager's office.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) and Teaching and Research Staff (PDI) of the UPF Group. Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- Relatives (up to second degree) of UPF and the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education's Foundation teaching and research staff (PAS and PDI, in Spanish). Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- If you work at a company member of the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation's Board of Trustees or at any of our councils' companies. Discount of 20% on the tuition fees of our master's and postgraduate courses.