Practical approach to Data Science and Machine Learning
Practical approach to Data Science and Machine Learning
You will learn to create your own predictive algorithms to perform data analysis, machine learning, classification and regression tasks. You will learn the basic concepts and tools needed to execute Data Science projects and you will complement your theoretical knowledge with laboratory work in which you will put into practice all the concepts learned.
The data generated by our society is the oil of the 21st century and its potential, if properly exploited, can generate great benefits.
There is currently a great demand for professionals and data scientists who know how to analyse the data sets of companies and institutions with the aim of generating new knowledge and launching new strategic projects.
Companies, from multinationals to startups, dedicate a large part of their efforts to extracting knowledge from the data they generate to optimize their processes.
Data Science offers a response to this need to interpret large volumes of data and brings together knowledge from different disciplines such as mathematics, statistics, computing and the business perspective.
This Executive Education Course integrates all these areas in a very practical way in order to effectively consolidate the knowledge that will allow you to grow professionally in the world of Data Science.
Why choose this program
Learn to create your own predictive algorithms to analyse data
You will learn to perform data analysis, machine learning, classification and regression tasks; and you will learn the concepts and tools needed to execute Data Science projects.
Learning by doing
You will complement your theoretical knowledge with laboratory work in which you will put into practice all the concepts learned.
Spread over four afternoons, enabling you to gain in-depth knowledge about Data Science without neglecting your professional obligations.
Grow your network of professional contacts with high level executives.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at professionals or graduates who want to start out in the world of Data Science so they can gain knowledge of this discipline and execute mid-level difficulty projects.
This Executive Education Course in Practical approach to Data Science and Machine Learning combines lecturer presentations with student participation.
It takes a theoretical-practical approach, to facilitate learning, make it fun and encourage participant interaction, student-to-student and student-to-lecturer.
Introduction to Data science
Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
Hands-on Data Science
Upon passing the Executive Education Course in Practical approach to Data Science and Machine Learning, you will receive an official certificate from UPF Barcelona School of Management endorsed by the prestigious Pompeu Fabra University, the top ranked university in Spain and Latin America (Times Higher Education Ranking 2020).
Postdoctoral Contract UPF
The Executive Education courses combine content that is key for any professional currently employed in or seeking a managerial role, with activities aimed at putting the acquired knowledge into practice.
Collaborative learning and real case studies
The diversity of student profiles enriches learning through a shared and interdisciplinary perspective. An integrative learning approach is used in the classroom, in which the active participation of all students is promoted in the form of dialogue and exchange of ideas for the resolution of various real case studies.
The program has a theoretical base, taught by lecturers, complemented with practical experience acquired in class through real business case studies.
We take full advantage of the time available, concentrating valuable learning within a few hours, in accordance with the demands of our participants, who hold positions of great responsibility in important companies.
Evaluation consists of following the sessions and practical case studies worked on in class.
The On-Campus&Live methodology allows you to follow the program in person and also remotely.
In this modality, two stable subgroups are opened that will coexist throughout the course: one face-to-face and the other with 100% remote students. The remote students will follow the program in a synchronous way with the face-to-face students. That is, they will share the same school calendar and schedule as the face-to-face students.
Personalized, interdisciplinary, and based on management as a practical resource for bringing ideas to life.
Executive Education training combines fundamental content for any professional currently employed in or seeking a managerial role, with activities aimed at putting the acquired knowledge into practice.
The Executive Education Course participants are professionals with a relevant career history.
The diversity of profiles and sectors represented in Executive training at UPF-BSM contributes added value to the learning experience. It consists of directors, CEOs, managers, executives, entrepreneurs, consultants and heads of teams, areas and departments.
Average years of professional experience
This Executive Education program will provide you with the necessary knowledge to exercise executive and Director/Management functions.
- CEO, Board of Directors or General Management of companies and organizations of any kind.
- Team or Department manager.
- Strategic consultant.
- Management positions in any of the functional areas of a company: marketing, finance, human resources, production, etc
- Entrepreneur with your own project, thanks to the broad business vision provided to ensure its success.
- Intrapreneur: entrepreneur of projects within your organization.
Admission and enrolment
The admission and enrolment process for this course consists of a few simple steps.
Who can apply?
Our Executive Education Courses are aimed at professionals in or seeking management positions and looking to acquire or recycle essential knowledge for their executive professional development.
How to apply?
To enrol in this program, you must read and accept the Contract Terms and Conditions and fill in the registration form.
The following steps need to be taken to register for the course:
1. Fill in the admission application form. You will receive a username and password to access the eSecretaría platform.
2. On the platform, upload a scanned copy of your ID (both sides).
3. Go to the "Enrolment" section to pay for the course by credit card or bank transfer.
In certain cases, additional documentation may be requested.
The application is subject to the availability of places.
Grants, scholarships and financing
Grants and discounts
External financial aid
A large number of external entities and institutions offer financial aid options to students who want to enrol on one of our master programs and postgraduate courses.
A large number of external entities and institutions offer financial aid options to students who want to enrol on one of our master programs and postgraduate courses. If you want to apply for any of these financial aid options you will have to deal directly with the awarding entity. These options are compatible with any other program-specific aid option of your master program or postgraduate course but not with the Talent or the Partner Universities Scholarships.
Spanish Public Financial Aid for Official Master's Degrees
- General scholarships of Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport: The call is aimed at offering tuition aids and different concepts
- Basque Country Scholarships: The Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport allocates part of the Basque Country's budget to educational scholarships. These scholarships are aimed at Basque students who wish
External Financial Aid
- MAEC-AECID Scholarships: Scholarships for Spanish and foreign citizens who wish to study in Spain (and abroad).
- Fulbright Scholarships: The Fulbright Program is a competitive program of grants for students, which is aimed at encouraging the exchange of American graduate students with those of other countries involved in the program for the purposes of research, study or teaching.
- UNESCO Scholarships: Short stays in other countries to allow postgraduate students to specialize.
- "la Caixa" Social Foundation: Grants for official master degree studies in Spain.
- Portal Ploteus: EU grants for non-EU citizens to study in Europe.
- Portal Universia: Spanish and Latin American portal for information on grants.
- Santander Scholarships: Over 30.000 scholarships, study grants and internships for students coming from Germany, Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, the United States, Spain, Mexico, Portugal, the UK and Uruguay.
- Erasmus+ Master's Degree Loan
Financial Aid by country
- Chile: AGCI, CONICYT
- Colombia: Colfuturo, ICETEX
- Egipto: Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
- Ecuador: Senescyt
- Guatemala: Guatefuturo
- Iberoamérica: Programa Ibermedia
- México: Coordinación Nacional de Becas de Educación Superior, FIDERH, Fonca, FUNED
- Panamá: IFARHU
- Perú: IPFE, RetoExcelencia
- República Dominicana: FUNDAPEC
If you are a member of our alumni associations or of one of our partner universities, we offer you a series of applicable discounts on the amount of tuition for your program.
- UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC Alumni: If you have previously studied at UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC a 15 credits (or more) program and you decide to take on a new program with us, you are entitled to a discount of 20% on your program tuition fees. It is required to be registered in the Alumni network of the UPF Barcelona School of Management upon your application. This discount is not applicable to short courses and postgraduate courses which are part of the same itinerary.
- UPF Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree, a master program or a doctoral program at Pompeu Fabra University, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits) beginning on or after 01/01/2019.
- ESCI-UPF and Tecnocampus Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree or a master at ESCI-UPF or Tecnocampus, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
UPF Employee Discounts
If you are a member or family member of an employee of the UPF group or belonged to the collaborating institutions of the UPF Barcelona School of Management, you can enjoy a series of applicable discounts on the tuition fees for your program.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) of Pompeu Fabra University. You are entitled to a 35% discount on tuition fees for open programs subject to prior communication from the rector's office and/or the UPF general manager's office.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) and Teaching and Research Staff (PDI) of the UPF Group. Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- Relatives (up to second degree) of UPF and the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education's Foundation teaching and research staff (PAS and PDI, in Spanish). Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- If you work at a company member of the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation's Board of Trustees or at any of our councils' companies. Discount of 20% on the tuition fees of our master's and postgraduate courses.
Practical approach to Data Science and Machine Learning