Online Postgraduate Course in Business Management
Online Postgraduate Course in Business Management
The Online Postgraduate Course in Business Management will help you develop leadership, communication and people management abilities, and expand on the skills and knowledge necessary to interpret the business reality and to make decisions in a changing environment.
The Online Postgraduate Course in Business Management offers you a solid expert global vision in marketing, finance, accounting, operations, human resources and business strategy.
Aimed at professionals from different areas and various degrees, this program helps you develop leadership, communication and people management abilities and expand on the skills and knowledge necessary to interpret the business reality and to make decisions in a changing environment.
The program also includes the completion of a business plan that allows you to put into practice all the knowledge acquired.
Why choose this program
Learn with an excellent teaching team
It combines the best teachers from the UPF Department of Economics and Business with managers and professionals from leading companies in the market.
Create a business plan
Prepare a business plan throughout the program, the best way to apply the knowledge acquired during the course while developing your leadership and co-operation skills.
Acquire a global vision of the company
Learn how an organization works as a whole through practical subjects: you will review each of the functional areas of a company in order to identify and develop key skills and knowledge.
Boost your skills
Improve your abilities to lead people and influence the trajectory of organizations.
Who is it for?
The program is aimed at professionals, managers of functional areas, company directors, owners and managers of SMEs or those who want to advance their professional career in any organization, whatever its size or orientation.
The Online Program for the Postgraduate Course in Business Management takes into account the diversity of professional experiences and training of each participant. The program is designed to adapt to the degree of prior familiarity each student has with the subjects taught.
Introduction to EconomicsEconomic growth
- Macroeconomic variables
- Ti and Tc
- The role of the state
- Public spending
- Asking the right questions to restock by a date
- The process: generation - capture - processing - analysis
- Structured data and unstructured data
- Useful and useless data
- Description, exploration, inference, prediction, due
- Data visualization
- Business strategy concept and process
- Competitive analysis
- Internal analysis
- Value chain
- Strategy decision
- Strategy implementation
- Innovation Management
- Innovation concept
- Why companies must innovate
- How to innovate
- Financial statements
- Equity and financial analysis
- Economic analysis
- Profitability analysis
- Analysis of working capital
- Analytical accounting
- Type and allocation of costs
- Strategic cost management
- Preparation and control of budgets
- Management control
- Development of organizational culture and change management
- Strategic plan for people management
- Corporate and site competences
- Recruiting and integration
- Performance evaluation
- Salary and remuneration
- Training and career development
- Marketing concept
- The commercial function
- Market research
- Product, price, distribution and communication decisions
- Internal communication
- The marketing plan
- Competing from the operations area
- Operations in service companies
- Time and materials management: materials requirements planning (MRP), just-in-time (JIT), etc.
- Management of stocks, warehouses and logistics structure
- Quality management: total quality management (TQM), statistical process control (SPC), ISO 9000
- Technology management: technology cycles and decisions
- Trends in management of operations
- Valuation of companies
- Mathematics of financial operations
- Investment evaluation: static and dynamic methods
- Financial management of current assets
- Fiscal aspects of finance
Its purpose is to put you in touch with business decision makers. You will decide on the future trajectory of the organization and combine resources to achieve its objectives. You will also develop managerial skills and the ability to work in teams.
BSM Inside is a transversal and interdisciplinary module, common to all master's and postgraduate degrees at UPF Barcelona School of Management, which has been conceived to work on a set of key competencies for professional development in conjunction with the real needs of today's organizations.
This module extends throughout the academic year and is made up of 3 areas of knowledge that constitute the identity traits of the UPF-BSM: Communication; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; and Planetary Well-being and Humanities.
All the subjects of the BSM Inside module are 100% online and have been designed as self-learning subjects: from the first day of the subject until the end of the term you will have all the teaching materials available on the eCampus and you can work with the material and the different activities that it contains at your own pace, according to your availability and in a self-organized way.
The role of the manager and behaviour in the company. The objective of this material is to have a first look at the managerial function and at the development of the basic skills necessary to lead.
- The role of the manager and leadership.
- Managing styles.
- Problem analysis and decision making.
- Chairing meetings.
- Negotiation and dealing with conflicts.
Business game: A computer-assisted simulation will be carried out, in which groups of participants, acting as the management team of a company, make decisions in a competitive environment, for several consecutive periods.
Communication in public: Through guided practice, key personal aspects are improved for the effective communication of ideas to heterogeneous audiences.
Conferences: Short sessions that deal with burning questions on complementary topics for the modern manager: work tools, economic environment, managerial skills and others.
Once you have passed the program, you will obtain the degree of Diploma de Postgrado en Dirección de Empresa, issued by Pompeu Fabra University.
Senior Lecturer BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
Vice Dean for Faculty of UPF Barcelona School of Management
Director of the Associated Centre (Universitat Pompeu Fabra), Barcelona School of Management
Associate Professor BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
Head of the Strategy and Entrepreneurship Area
Senior Lecturer BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
Vice Dean of Executive Education
Senior Lecturer BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
Distinguished Professor BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
- Alfons Cornella
Founder of Institute of Next. Founder of Infonomia and Co-Society.
Consultant and reference in innovation
- August Mabilon Puig
Partner in SDG Group.
PDD by IESE.
At UPF Barcelona School of Management we are committed to a flexible, dynamic and friendly online methodology that applies the best practices of on-campus experience to the virtual environment.
The UPF-BSM online experience is developed on the eCampus platform, which uses Moddle technology to combine different active methodologies: study of teaching materials, practical activities, discussion forums and self-assessment exercises for each of the subjects, streaming sessions with experts, and tutorials and individualized resolution of questions.
Our aim is to allow you to combine your higher studies with your lifestyle so that you make the most of the time you have for it. That is why you will have 24/7 access to the virtual environment so that you can organize your study time without schedules and at your own pace.
To facilitate day-to-day management and the achievement of your academic goals, the program is structured in didactic units, with which you will acquire instrumental, attitudinal and conceptual skills. You will have a progress bar available for each of them that will indicate the status of completion of the tasks and a recovery period in case you need more time to complete them.
Interactive teaching materials
Various materials and formats will make your experience more motivating: videos, case studies, content maps and downloadable resources. Designed and updated periodically by professionals and experts in the field, they put at your disposal the latest knowledge, skills, and tools to take your career to the next level.
Active and collaborative learning
Participation and discussion with your classmates and teachers are essential to the collaborative learning process. We will provide you with various tools such as the Discussion Forum, where you can propose new topics for debate, comment on and answer questions presented by the teacher or respond to interesting comments.
Sessions en streaming amb experts
Through videoconference sessions with the expert teacher or special guests, you will be able to ask questions, discuss your learning and connect in real time as if you were all in the same place. To ensure the flexibility of the training, we record the sessions so that you can refer to them if you have not been able to connect.
You will have the support of the expert tutor, who will guide you through each didactic unit; the help of the coordinator and the program manager in the delivery of activities, qualifications, management of procedures or access to services, and the guidance of the career advisor in the improvement of your personal brand and the search for professional opportunities.
Throughout the program, you will develop your Postgraduate Final Project and, for this, you will be assigned an expert mentor on the subject, who will be in charge of advising you and supervising its development until the final presentation and defence.
The activities and evaluation dates of each of the subjects in the program will be detailed at its start.
The program's evaluation tests will be established and corrected under the quality criteria required in all UPF Barcelona School of Management programs, which guarantee their academic value and recognition.
The evaluation of the program will be carried out online on the basis of:
- Resolution of practical cases oriented to business reality
- Knowledge tests for each subject
- Proactive participation in forums and debates
- Realization and presentation of a Postgraduate Final Project
The learning process is characterized by its flexibility, since, in the virtual learning environment, the structure of the school calendar and the diversity of multimedia resources which are made available to the student allows them to acquire knowledge in a self-regulated manner.
The support of the teaching staff and interaction with classmates is carried out by making use of a wide variety of communication channels that facilitate proximity and didactic dialogue. The completion of activities and the Master's Final Project or Postgraduate Final Project is oriented towards professional practice for a high-impact professional transfer.
The program will help you to acquire the knowledge and skills to interpret the business reality and make decisions in management positions of a company. Participants are trained to contribute to the creation of value in organizations.
The Postgraduate Course in Business Administration is intended for managers, assistant managers, directors or owners of SMEs, managers of functional areas or those who want to advance their professional career in an organization, whatever its size or orientation.
Training in Accounting and Finance
Training in Business Administration and Economics
Training in Law
The program prepares you to assume functions of middle management, management or managers of a functional area in a company. It is also aimed at developing the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully manage an SME.
- Business creation advisor or consultant
- Sales Manager
- Head of strategic planning
- Deputy director
- Market analyst
Admission and enrolment
Who can apply?
A university degree is needed to apply.
Other candidates without the required university degree may take part in the selection process by virtue of their academic or professional merits and the place of work they occupy.
Those participants who do not have Spanish as one of their mother tongues or who did not have it as a teaching language in their training studies, must prove that they have at least a B2 level of Spanish (Common European Framework of Reference), as well as fluently take part in a personal interview with the academic director, if necessary.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 2293.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Apply for one of our UPF-BSM Scholarships, awarded specifically to Pompeu Fabra University students with a good academic record.
If you are studying your last undergraduate course (4th year) at UPF or at a UPF Group centre and you have a good record, you can apply for a UPF-BSM scholarship. Remember that you must be a graduate and be in possession of your degree (or failing that, the certificate of receipt) when you start the program in which you have enrolled.
- Be in the last undergraduate year at UPF.
- Have a good academic record.
- Have been admitted or are in the process of admission to a Master or Postgraduate course for which you are applying for this Scholarship.
- Apply for the Scholarship at the time of application for admission.
- Submit a motivation letter with the reasons why you have opted for the Scholarship and a list of verifiable merits.
- Upload the required documentation through the eRegistrar platform
- The dates of awarding or denying of the Scholarship will be published on the website.
- The scholarship candidate will personally receive a communication with the procedures to follow in order to formalize it.
- The Scholarship Committee assesses academic talent (average grade of the report) and personal talent (the motivation of the candidate and their merits).
- The UPF-BSM Scholarships are not compatible with specific aid for the programs, scholarships granted by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, and other UPF-BSM scholarships.
- They are compatible with other scholarships from organizations outside the UPF-BSM and with discounts for large families.
They are applied for and granted in accordance with the dates stipulated below:
Academic year programs 2020–21 and 2021–22
- Scholarship application deadline: 03/12/2020, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 14/12/2020
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 06/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 01/11/2021
Remember that you must apply for the scholarship when you complete the application for admission to the program that interests you and always before classes start. The Scholarship cannot be processed for a program that is already being studied.
If you have any questions about how to apply for the UPF-BSM Scholarships, you can contact our scholarship secretariat via email.
Social Value Scholarships
UPF Barcelona School of Management, for this next academic year, and aiming at the commitment for social welfare, offers the Social Value Scholarships with the objective of supporting and favoring the groups that the School considers a priority. Enter and consult the details.
These scholarships are intended to favor specific groups, to help them in their professional and personal development or people who are in a situation of economic difficulty.
The Social Value Scholarship program covers from 25% to 70% of the total tuition fee for the master's degree and from 25% to 50% of the total tuition fee for the diploma or postgraduate course for all the programs offered by the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation.
The University Master's Degree in Law and any other master’s degree carried out in conjunction with an institution outside the UPF-BSM are excluded. Also excluded are programs for which the interested party wishes to carry out any recognition. Repeating students will also not be eligible for the scholarship.
- "Impulsa MUJER" (“Promote Woman”)
Aimed at all professional women, from any environment, who wish to study a management program in any area of the company, to occupy leadership positions or to lead a professional project.
Sporty woman: Specifically addressed at professional sportswomen interested in studying the master’s degree in Sports Management in any of its modalities.
- "Post COVID boost"
Aimed at people over 40 who are unemployed or in ERTE. ERTE is a term used in Spain to refer to the suspension for a specific time of the labor contract of part or all the workers of a company due to force majeure. This temporary suspension of the contract has been applied in Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic and remains in effect until the Government and the Employer decide.
- "Entrepreneur Scholarship for local economy"
Aimed at entrepreneurs and small businesses with a direct impact on the local economy and regions that need specific training to boost business.
- You must have applied for admission into one of the master's offered by the UPF Barcelona School of Management (except the Official Master's Program in Advocacy or those master's) and have been admitted to the program for which the grant is being requested.
- Present a letter of motivation with the reasons why you are applying for the scholarship with a list of merits or outstanding aspects that can be contrasted.
Consult the specific criteria for each of the modalities in the rules.
Submit your application for the Social Value Scholarship via the "Application form" of the program that you are interested in.
Submit the documentation via the "Scholarships and Funding" section of the eRegistar platform, to which you will be given access when applying
Please note that your application must meet all the requirements for both documentation and deadlines. Otherwise, it cannot be evaluated.
All documents except for the academic transcript must be in either Catalan, Spanish or English. The academic transcript can be presented in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian or Portuguese. If it is another language it must be accompanied by a sworn official translation into Catalan or Spanish.
Social Value Scholarship applications have to be made at the same time as completing your application for the program and always before classes begin. Social Value Scholarships cannot be processed for a master's program that has already begun.
Equally, applications presented after the deadlines of the established rounds will not be accepted, even if classes have not yet begun.
Social Value Scholarship are applied for and awarded according to the dates outlined below.:
Programmes for the academic year 2021-2022
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 01/11/2021
The Scholarship Committee will only award Social Value Scholarships to those applicants who, having completed the corresponding documentation and been finally admitted to the program for which they are applying, have passed the various tests that may be requested and meet the criteria established in each established typology in which they wish to enter.
The Scholarship Committee will inform each applicant of the decision individually by e-mail, following the dates published on the website.
Grants and discounts
If you are a member of our alumni associations or of one of our partner universities, we offer you a series of applicable discounts on the amount of tuition for your program.
- UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC Alumni: If you have previously studied at UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC a 15 credits (or more) program and you decide to take on a new program with us, you are entitled to a discount of 20% on your program tuition fees. It is required to be registered in the Alumni network of the UPF Barcelona School of Management upon your application. This discount is not applicable to short courses and postgraduate courses which are part of the same itinerary.
- UPF Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree, a master program or a doctoral program at Pompeu Fabra University, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits) beginning on or after 01/01/2019.
- ESCI-UPF and Tecnocampus Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree or a master at ESCI-UPF or Tecnocampus, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
UPF Employee Discounts
If you are a member or family member of an employee of the UPF group or belonged to the collaborating institutions of the UPF Barcelona School of Management, you can enjoy a series of applicable discounts on the tuition fees for your program.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) of Pompeu Fabra University. You are entitled to a 35% discount on tuition fees for open programs subject to prior communication from the rector's office and/or the UPF general manager's office.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) and Teaching and Research Staff (PDI) of the UPF Group. Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- Relatives (up to second degree) of UPF and the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education's Foundation teaching and research staff (PAS and PDI, in Spanish). Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- If you work at a company member of the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation's Board of Trustees or at any of our councils' companies. Discount of 20% on the tuition fees of our master's and postgraduate courses.
UPF Partner Latinoamerican Universities Discount
If you are alumni of one of our Partner Universities, you are entitled to a discount of 10% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduate program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management collaborates with various banks and financial entities which provide study loans on favorable terms. For more information you can contact any of the following links (in Spanish).
Note, however, that in order to benefit from these special conditions you must have a NIE if you are not a European Citizen. Therefore, UPF Barcelona School of Management strongly recommends international students to seek first for students loans at bank entities of their country of origin, or to search for funding opportunities through international entities.
Online Postgraduate Course in Business Management