Master of Science Scholarships
UPF Barcelona School of Management, through the UPF’s Institute of Continuing Education Foundation, has its own scholarship program for applicants of the official Master of Science degrees identified as “MSc's Scholarships”.
The MSc's scholarship program is available for all official Master of Science programs offered by the Continuing Education Institute Foundation through the UPF Barcelona School of Management brand (hereinafter, UPF-BSM).
The scholarships cover 25% of the total amount of the master's degree tuition fees. In very exceptional cases the Allocation Committee may decide to increase this percentage.
MSc's cannot be applied for in the case of recognition of credits from a previous degree or if you are a repeater.
What requirements do I have to meet?
- To have completed and obtained an official university degree,
- To have obtained in their degree studies a weighted average equivalent to a minimum of 8 out of 10 in the Spanish educational system or a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.4 out of 4.0 (the Scholarship Committee reserves the right to determine other equivalent values to adapt to the weighting systems of each country). You can check here your Bachelor's Degree average score equivalence.
- To have applied for it at the time of admission, and
- To have been admitted to the master's studies for which the scholarship is requested.
Please note that your application must comply with all documentation requirements and respect the deadlines. Otherwise, it cannot be evaluated.
How do I apply?
- Apply for the scholarship within the established deadlines and;
- Upload the required documentation to prove your academic and personal merits, through the eSecretaria platform (failure to submit any of the required documents will invalidate the application). The candidate's motivation and future prospects will be assessed through his/her letter and his/her provable and verifiable personal merits.
In certain circumstances, applicants may be required to conduct a complementary face-to-face, telephone or Skype interview with a member of the Academic Board of the program and/or the MSc's Scholarship Commission.
Only if the university degree and the academic record are written in a language other than Spanish, Catalan, English, French, Italian or Portuguese, must it be accompanied by an official sworn translation into Spanish, Catalan or English.
When do I apply?
The awards of the scholarships will be associated with the admission decisions of the applications and the award will be linked to the order of arrival or application.
The UPF-BSM allocates annually to the endowment of the MSc’s Scholarship fund the amount it considers appropriate. Available funds decrease as these are granted.
The number of rounds is subject to the availability of funds, so if the funds are exhausted in previous rounds, later rounds will be cancelled.
The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to transfer funds to other applications' deadlines if they have not been assigned.
Please bear in mind that scholarship applications have to be made at the same time as completing your application for the programme and always before classes begin.
Equally, applications presented after the deadlines of the established rounds will not be accepted, even if classes have not yet begun.
The application for the scholarship must be made before the start of the course and in no case can it be processed for a master's degree that is already being completed. Applications submitted beyond the July admissions period and beyond the deadline for the scholarship application will not be accepted, even if the master's degree has not started.
Applicants may only apply for 1 scholarship per master's degree.
If you have any questions about how to apply for a MSc’s Scholarship, do not hesitate to contact our Scholarship Information Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also consult our competition rules.