Master of Science in Management (specialization in Entrepreneurship)
Monday to Friday from 1 to 8 pm. Class times may vary according to the electives chosen.
Practically oriented and internationally minded, the program is aimed at creative spirits and future entrepreneurs in all sectors who want to create and develop innovative business ideas.
It helps students to cultivate an entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial mindset, and acquire the skills and knowledge needed to draft an appropriate business plan to undertake business ventures, renew existing businesses or become part of a new growing business.
The MSc in Management (specialization in Entrepreneurship) benefits from the outstanding faculty of the UPF's world ranked Department of Economics and Business, known for its scientific approach, its constant contribution to creating knowledge and its high-level ability to stimulate and convey knowledge.
In addition, this program is recognized by Eduniversal Ranking as one the bests master's degree in General Management. In 2019 the program reached the 43rd position in Europe and is among the Top 5 Best Masters in General Management in Spain.
Why this program?
- Excellent teaching staff. You will learn from the faculty of the UPF's Department of Economics and Business, and from experienced professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurial ecosystem. You will enjoy the services of UPF’s Business Shuttle to launch your project: contact with investors, conferences and forums, assistance for financing and access to incubation spaces.
- Innovative location. You will study in Barcelona, the 8th most innovative city in Europe (Innovation Cities Index, 2018). The program will take you to visit business hubs, innovative companies and start-ups.
- Connection with the professional world. The MSc includes the option to do a curricular internship, which provides a relevant work experience in tech-companies, start-ups, or new businesses of established firms.
- QTEM Program. You will have the unique opportunity to extend your master in the Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management program, an international network bringing together outstanding students, over 20 Academic Partners renowned in the fields of Management, Economics and Finance, and International Corporations.
Program accredited by:
Program member of:
- To learn how to transform a new idea into a business opportunity by drawing a business plan with a clear bottom line.
- To develop key entrepreneurial skills: risk management, opportunity identification, financial planning, creativity and talent management.
- To execute all functions laid out in a business plan: overall strategic positioning, marketing strategy, supply chain management, and fundraising.
- To develop analytical skills to understand market and industry dynamics, and base entrepreneurial ideas on a solid foundation.
- To identify growth opportunities in established firms: new sources of value creation, business model innovation, entry and exit barriers, and corporate renewal through resource redeployment.
Who is it for?
The MSc in Management (specialization in Entrepreneurship) is aimed at recent graduates and junior professionals with the following academic backgrounds:
- Business Administration
- Life and Health Sciences
Applicants with a different academic background may be asked to provide proof of sufficient quantitative and analytical training by presenting a 650 or higher GMAT score.
All candidates are encouraged to present a GMAT score, as it improves chances of being accepted to the program.