Master of Arts in Communication Management
Program curriculum and final degree
All participants must study all the core courses, take 7 elective courses from all the courses offered both inside and outside the 2 concentrations and complete the final master’s project, which is spread over the three terms.
Fundamentals of Communications Management
- Quantitative Communication Research: Theories and Methods
- Interpretive Communication Theory and Research
- Media Industries and Audience Trends
- Global Strategic Communication
- Introduction to Communication Management
- Inspirational Project
Students must take 7 elective courses among all the courses offered (students can validate 1 internship for 2 electives, in that case, the student must take 5 electives). If the student takes 3 courses inside a specific concentration he or she will receive a specialised mention (Corporate Communications or Social Media Strategies).
Please be aware that subjects will take place if minimum enrolment is met.
- Organisational Communication
- Internal Communication and Media Relations
- Communication Planning and Project Management
Social Media Strategies
- Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation
- Social Networks and Communication Management
- Digital Media and Public Relations.
Other elective courses
The information contained in these documents is for information purposes only and may be subject to change in the adaptations of each academic year. The definitive guide will be available to students enrolled in the virtual space before the start of each subject.
Students must complete a Master’s Capstone project under the supervision of a faculty advisor. There will be two options: the first option involves an original research carried out by the candidate, leading to the implementation of a research project. The second option involves a practical approach, whereby the candidate performs (for example) an organizational analysis or audit, a communication manual, a case study or the construction of a consulting or communication plan.
All the information about the project is available here.
Additional Off Program Activities
Further to the course's regular classes, all Master of Arts students have the possibility of attending free complementary training parallel to the running of their studies. The following activities are optional and are included in the program's tuition fees:
- Online Brush-up Courses: preparatory crash-courses on communication-related subjects which take place prior to the beginning of the program.
- Spanish Course: free of charge, 3-hour/week course at the UPF's language school.
- Career Development Program: career sessions and workshops during which students obtain specific training on how to improve their CV, approach potential employers and develop professional soft skills. Read more about the school's Career Services.
*The information contained herein may be subject to changes.
Upon successful completion of the program, the student shall receive the Master's Degree Master of Arts in Communications Management/Máster Universitario en Gestión de la Comunicación awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.