Chair in Dignified and Sustainable Housing
The purpose of the Chair is to be a space for reflection aimed at analysing housing policies from a social and environmental perspective, without losing sight of their financial and economic scope.
The Chair in Dignified and Sustainable Housing of the UPF Barcelona School of Management was born from the joint will between the UPF-BSM and the Fundación Metropolitan House to study the real estate sector in order to adapt it to today, with regulations that become benefits for citizens and companies, and subsequently transfer reflections to the main interest groups.
To meet the objectives defined in the framework of the Chair, various research, training, awareness-raising, and knowledge transfer activities will be carried out in different areas, with the main objective being to generate educational, scientific, and informative knowledge in the real estate sector.
The Chair has the following objectives:
- Generate and develop knowledge about housing policies from economic, fiscal and financial, social and management perspectives, aimed at improving the quality of life of citizens, preserving the environment, and improving the efficiency and sustainability of the real estate sector.
- Develop activities for the transfer of knowledge and dissemination of general knowledge, from the organization of seminars and conferences, publication of informative articles, or preparation of case studies, among others.
- Develop activities related to the education and training of professionals in the real estate sector, based on the creation of training programs, internships in real estate companies, etc.
Director of the Chair in Dignified and Sustainable Housing
Degree in Business Administration and Management from the UAB, Master's in Accounting and Financial Management from UPF-BSM, and a doctorate in Business Administration and Management from the URV.
Graduated in International Business and Languages from the Rotterdam Business School, Master of Science in Management and Business Analytics from UPF-BSM.
Degree in Sociology from the UAB, degree in Journalism from the UPF and a doctorate in Economics and Business from the UVic.
Josep Lluis Pellicer
Fundación Metropolitan House
Doctor in Economic Sciences and Law Degree from the University of Barcelona. Chartered Accountant and Financial Analyst.
- Mesurar l’impacte social i mediambiental de la renovació del parc d’edificis d’habitatges urbans. Utopia o realitat?. Ramon Bastida and Erola Palau (2022)
- Report on the 1st Conference of the Chair in Dignified and Sustainable Housing: "A NEW GREEN DEAL FOR URBAN HOUSING". Watch video
- UPF-BSM Collection of Studies - No. 12. La mesura de l’impacte social i mediambiental en la rehabilitació d’habitatge urbà. Estat de l'art i casos d'estudi. Ramon Bastida, Erola Palau.