Awards for the best company case studies
The Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences, Barcelona School of Management (UPF Barcelona School of Management), the Department of Economy and Business and ACCID want to promote the production of business case studies, which may be publicised and subsequently used by lecturers for teaching purposes.
The idea is to make use of high-quality work performed by the students of the faculty or UPF Barcelona School of Management in subjects such as Analysis of Financial Statements, Commercial Management, Strategic Management and Degree Theses, among others.
The practical case study will thus have three sections: Main text, Questions and Teaching notes.
The authors of the practical case study will be the students and the relevant lecturer will be stated as the supervisor.
- Candidates for the student awards will be Pompeu Fabra University and Barcelona School of Management (UPF Barcelona School of Management) students who have produced a business case, preferably real, which due to its importance, originality, implications or contributions deserves to be specially recognised.
- The practical case studies must have been supervised by a lecturer from the Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences or Barcelona School of Management.
- Priority will be given to case studies that have not won other awards.
B. Deadline for submitting entries
Entries may be submitted until 17 July 2019.
C. Characteristics of the practical case study
- The practical case study must be presented in a Word document, typeface Times New Roman, size 12, line spacing 1.5.
- It is recommended that the length of the main text and the questions should be 5 to 20 pages. Entries will also be accepted with a number of pages outside of the proposed range if it is essential for the case study's contents.
- The case study must be produced in a single language (Catalan, Spanish, English or French).
D. Cash prize
- There will be four awards with a cash prize of €1,000 per business case. If it was written by more than one student, the cash prize will be proportionally shared between them. The award is subject to the relevant tax withholding. The total amount allocated to the awards is €4,000.
- If it is possible, due to the amount and quality of the case studies presented, there will be two awards for students from the Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences and two for students from Barcelona School of Management.
- The winning practical case study may be published in paper format or electronic format on ACCID's website.
- The practical case study may be published on the webpages of the Department of Economics and Business and UPF Barcelona School of Management.
- The case studies will have a Creative Commons 3.0 license.
The jury is made up of a chairman, appointed by the faculty, a jury member appointed by Barcelona School of Management and another jury member appointed by ACCID.
F. Form and address for submission
Information must be sent by e-mail to the following two addresses:
State the following as the subject: "Award for the best company case study".