BSM Awards for the best master's/postgraduate theses or projects
These Awards will be given each year by the Continuing Education Institute Foundation, owner of Barcelona School of Management, a centre attached to Pompeu Fabra University (referred to below as UPF Barcelona School of Management). The first awards are for the academic year 2018-2019.
They are awards for students on any of the master's or postgraduate courses taught at UPF Barcelona School of Management in the relevant academic year. In the case of the first awards, it is the academic year 18-19. Students must meet the conditions stipulated in the "Projects and candidates" section of these conditions.
The general aim is to give prominence to master's/postgraduate theses or projects related to UPF Barcelona School of Management strategic areas.
Diploma for the best project or thesis in any of the award categories.
Projects and candidates
The individual or group master's or postgraduate theses or projects may be unidisciplinary or multidisciplinary in any of the academic fields at UPF Barcelona School of Management (social sciences and humanities, health and life sciences, information and communication technologies or design).
The following UPF Barcelona School of Management students may be candidates for the awards in any of the categories:
- They have produced a thesis or project, preferably real, which due to its importance, originality, implications or contributions deserves to be specially recognised.
- They have produced a master's or postgraduate thesis or project during the academic year 2018-2019 in any of UPF Barcelona School of Management's master's or postgraduate courses.
- The master's or postgraduate thesis or project is an original work with a mark of at least 7.5.
- The language in which the master's or postgraduate project or thesis is produced may be Catalan, Spanish or English.
Entries: deadlines and submission
Individual or group entries may be submitted by 10 July 2019.
The master's or postgraduate project report or thesis must be sent in a single file in PDF format to the address email@example.com in accordance with the rules for presentation of UPF Barcelona School of Management master's or postgraduate theses or projects.
Entries may also be submitted at the request of the academic directors of UPF Barcelona School of Management master's or postgraduate courses, when they consider a master's or postgraduate project or thesis submitted by a student to merit being entered for the awards in any of the categories. These entries must be authorised in writing by the student or students that authored or performed the project or thesis in question.
The awards will be presented in a ceremony that will take place at UPF Barcelona School of Management in the first term of the academic year 2019-20 and will be publicised through the corporate communication channels (social networks, UPF Barcelona School of Management website, Mes News internal newsletter and others).
A single winning application will be proposed for each award category.
The information related to the non awarded candidates will be treated completely confidentially and used solely for assessment by the jury.
Jury: members and decision
The jury will be made up of the following people:
- Dean of UPF Barcelona School of Management
- A representative of the ex-alumni proposed by UPF Barcelona School of Management Alumni
- An expert in any of UPF Barcelona School of Management's knowledge areas proposed by the Vice-dean for Faculty and Teaching
UPF Barcelona School of Management Head of Teaching Innovation will act as the jury's secretary.
The jury may request the information or advice it deems appropriate from UPF Barcelona School of Management's academic and administrative units and may decide not to issue awards for all or some of the categories.
The jury may call the shortlisted candidates to attend a prior interview.