Master in Financial Markets
The program includes an individual project that students work on throughout the course. The project:
- Should solve a professional challenge related to a real situation. It can deal with any problem, opportunity or initiative of interest to the student.
- Connects the theory learnt in class to practical professional scenarios.
- Provides an opportunity to interact, debate, compare ideas and learn amongst equals.
Examples of theses completed in previous editions are available at the Projects sections on this website.
The Program Directors will assign each student a tutor based on the characteristics of their project. The tutor:
- Acts as a guide and challenges the student's thinking and ideas.
- Helps the student to identify teachers, projects, businesses and activities that can serve to support and enrich the project.
It is essential that students attend classes and actively participate in the program in order to fully take advantage of the program and a minimum 80% of attendance is required. The assessment is a combination of attendance, the presentation of work, a term test and the project.
Face-to-face masters programs, postgraduate courses and short courses at UPF Barcelona School of Management combine active student participation with the teaching of theoretical and practical concepts. This type of learning focuses on discussing and resolving case studies in the classroom and applying the knowledge acquired to real-life situations. Face-to face programs use eCampus, the virtual campus, to maintain continuity between classroom sessions.