Master of Science in Management (specialization in Marketing)
Program curriculum and final degree
The MSc in Management (specialization in Marketing) is organized in three terms.
During the first term all students take a set of five core courses. In the 2nd and 3rd term students make a personal selection of elective courses of their specialization, and can complement them with elective courses of the other specializations.
Students have the option to do a curricular internship in companies (the internship will earn study credits equivalent to two elective courses). Career development sessions will be offered to aid students in finding the placement and prepare them for their professional future.
From October to June, students will work on their MSc thesis, supervised by a specialized faculty member.
Upon completing the Master, those who wish to pursue a PhD can apply to the program offered by the UPF's Department of Economics and Business.
There will be a presentation of elective courses at the end of the first term so that students can get a better understanding of their choices. Students may choose one of the following formulas:
- 5 compulsory marketing courses from the following list plus 3 electives courses from any of the Master of Science in Management Specialization tracks.
- 5 compulsory marketing courses from the following list, 1 elective course from any of the Master of Science in Management Specialization tracks plus an internship.
List of Marketing Elective Courses:
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy
- Integrated Communications
- Digital Marketing
- E-Business Technology and Management
- Marketing Analytics
List of General Interested Elective Courses:
- Decision making
- Ethics and Sustainability Leadership
- Choice in Context: Research Perspectives
*Notes: Elective courses may change according to the student's demand and the availability of the faculty.
After successfully completing the master’s program students have the opportunity to do an extension of their master by participating in the QTEM Program, an optional study abroad experience at more than 20 top international universities leaders in the field of Economics. UPF Barcelona School of Management is the first institution in Spain part of the QTEM Network.
Additional Off-Program Activities
Further to the program's regular classes, all Master of Science students have the possibility of attending free complementary training parallel to the running of their programs. The following activities are optional and are included in the program's tuition fees:
- Brush-up Courses: preparatory crash-courses on business and economy-related subjects which take place two weeks prior to the beginning of the program.
- Spanish Course: free of charge during the first term. 3 hours/week course at the UPF's language school.
- Career Development Program: career sessions and workshops where students obtain specific training on how to improve their CV, approach potential employers and develop professional soft skills. Read more at Employment Opportunities.
Once students have completed the program they will receive the official Master's Degree Máster Universitario en Ciencias Empresariales (Master of Science in Management) awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.
Students will also receive an additional Master of Science in Management (specialization in Marketing) completion certificate awarded by UPF Barcelona School of Management.
Official Master's Degree: Upon successfully completing the master's program you will receive a final diploma awarded by Pompeu Fabra University. In order to issue the certificate, the Government of Catalonia charges an additional fee of approximately €200. The exact amount varies annually and will be finalized upon completion of the degree. In accordance with the regulations set out by the Spanish Ministry of Education this final diploma will be issued in Spanish.