- Learning at BSM
Learning at BSM
OUR EDUCATIONAL MODEL
UPF Barcelona School of Management's mission is to produce professionals who wish to forge their own path using talent, knowledge and effort. Agile, flexible professionals for a changing society, capable of making decisions based on the analysis of data while also viewing the world around them with sensitivity and a humanist mindset. Professionals who want to make an impact on society by cooperating, adopting an alternative approach, and combining efforts on shared projects. Professionals who are committed to taking action in order to become agents of change and contribute to social progress.
Since 2014, UPF Barcelona School of Management has put this mission into practice by applying a new educational model to its training programs. This educational model adopts a personalized approach and a practical, collaborative, interdisciplinary focus that adapts to today's professional needs. In short, it is an educational approach that reimagines the way in which students and professionals are trained.
UPF Barcelona School of Management is a school of management that views management as the capacity to make ideas, projects and even dreams become reality, in any knowledge area and professional field. And looking beyond the knowledge area of each specialization, UPF Barcelona School of Management’s educational model strives to develop students’ skills and competences, while boosting the qualities that make them stand out from the crowd in a professional environment.
This personalized approach forms part of UPF Barcelona School of Management’s teaching model and enables each professional to become the best version of themselves: not only to achieve their own transformation, but also to transform the world around them.
How UPF Barcelona School of Management's educational model is implemented
- By taking students' projects as a starting point and making them the central plank of the learning process.
- By working to solve real challenges and problems, thereby enabling students to acquire deep and wide-ranging knowledge of the complex professional realities of their industry.
- With the personalized supervision of a mentor who will accompany students and offer guidance to help them achieve personal and educational goals in relation to their project.
- By creating a learning environment that actively fosters cooperative learning.
- The educational model is complemented by a cross-cutting interdisciplinary approach in the form of subjects that are common to all programs, such as evidence-based management, storytelling, sustainable development and project management. These subjects enable students to acquire certain tools that are vital to their professional development in a context as complex as today's business world. Decision-making, critical thinking, communication skills and creativity are developed through a cross-cutting approach, which promotes contact and collaboration with students from UPF Barcelona School of Management's other programs.
- The use of active methodologies such as project- or problem-based learning, flipped learning, design thinking and gamification encourages students to activate and utilize their knowledge, personal skills and professional competences.
- The development of communication skills plays a central role in UPF Barcelona School of Management's educational model and in the professional development of its students. CCLab, a communication laboratory, offers every student a wide range of resources and activities, many of which are integrated into the school's academic programs. These resources and activities make it possible to develop communication skills in a way that is practical, personalized and based on scientific principles.