Cross-cutting approaches to sustainability
The concepts of ethics, responsibility and sustainability are the heart of the educational offer of the UPF Barcelona School of Management (UPF-BSM). The school's mission includes a clear desire to make a positive impact on society, promoting a vision of management that prioritises, among other things, planetary wellbeing. Centres such as the UPF-BSM Sustainability Observatory, which is dedicated to study, reflection and transfer of knowledge in the field of sustainability in the business sector, are working along these lines.
Aiming to make its work more visible, the Observatory –directed and coordinated by Oriol Montanyà and Erola Palau Pinyana–, is organising "Cross-cutting approaches to planetary well-being", a conference to present Chaising Planetary Well-Being: Cross-cutting approaches to sustainability, the monographic book on sustainability, which includes contributions form UPF-BSM lecturers in fields as diverse as finance, housing, mobility, technology and sport, among others.
The event, to be held on June 20th at the Balmes Auditorium of UPF-BSM, will include two panels in which the authors of the articles, leading professors, will talk to experts from the business world about the future challenges of sustainability in any of its three dimensions: economic, social and environmental.
The programme will be finalised over the next few days. Attendance at the conference, which is supported by the International Chair in Sustainable Finance, requires prior registration.
9:30 am – Welcome
- Josep Lluís Martí, Comissioner for Planetary Wellbeing
9:30 am – Monographic Book Presentation
- Erola Palau Pinyana, Academic Coordinator of the UPF-BSM Sustainability Observatory
9:45 am – "Greenwashing: is it always a bad idea?" Panel
- Marcos Eguiguren, Associate Provost for Strategic Projects of the UPF-BSM and Director of the International Chair in Sustainable Finances
- Ana Palencia, Corporate Communications Director of Unilever Spain
- Marc Ros, Co-founder and CEO of fter
- Fàtima Vidal, Lecturer of the Business & Management Strategy Department of the UPF-BSM
- Moderated by: Carla Turró, Journalist at SER and Director of El balcó
10:30 am – "Well-being at a click: a new era for companies and workers" Panel
- Ana Freire, Director of the Operations, Technology and Science Department of the UPF-BSM. Artificial Intelligence Expert.
- Nia Plamenova, Lecturer at the UPF-BSM Master in Human Resources Management
- Jorge Salas, Chief Marketplace Officer of Jobandtalent
- Íñigo Vallejo, PR & Content Manager of Milanuncios
- Moderated by: Ana Pantaleoni, Journalist at El País
11:30 am – Closing
- Oriol Montanyà, Vice-Dean for Development & Partner Programs and Director of the UPF-BSM Sustainability Observatory