AGBAR CHAIR OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES IN INSTITUTIONAL COMMUNICATION FOR DEVELOPMENT AND SUSTAINABLE GROWTH
Promoting research and study of the 2030 Agenda and its promotion and communication from the institutions, with the objective of achieving sustainable growth and development.
This Chair was born from UPF-BSM and the Agbar Group working together to promote the study and knowledge about the future of the 2030 Agenda and the field of sustainability. The aim is to promote research and dissemination of the study of institutional communication for sustainable development and growth integrated into the implementation of the objectives of the 2030 Agenda. To this end, the Chair seeks to address the different challenges of the 2030 Agenda, offering an interdisciplinary vision based on the intersection of different areas of research and knowledge, while seeking to provide useful knowledge for the academic and private world.
- The Chair seeks to bring the university community and the Catalan population closer to the main debates and challenges surrounding the United Nations 2030 Agenda. Promote the study of the paradigms of sustainable growth and development through the analysis of the field of institutional communication and its relationship with other disciplines.
- Promote high-impact applied research, developing possible indicators for the evaluation of policies and international experiences in the world of institutional communication and its intersection with other related fields. To do it, the Chair will seek to expand knowledge of the 2030 Agenda, emphasizing the following specific thematic areas:
- Institutional and political communication.
- Country brand and international political/economic effects of the 2030 Agenda.
- Finance, international markets, and their influence on new economic policies and economic development paradigms.
- Conducting knowledge dissemination and transfer activities related to the 2030 Agenda and sustainable growth, through the organization of both academic activities and the dissemination of knowledge derived from the Chair's scientific production.
Director of the Chair and researcher of academic, research and dissemination activities related to the scientific production of the Chair.
Coordinator and promoter of research, academic, and dissemination activities linked to the scientific production of the chair.
Researcher vinculaded to the Agbar UPF-BSM Chair of International Studies in Institutional Communication and Sustainable Development.
Profesora Dr. Bernadette Andreoso O’Callaghan
Dr. Jon Hans Coetzer
Team Leader Online Learning and Education Division for Peace
Dr. José M. Martínez-Sierra
Director General of UPF Barcelona School of Management
- The AGBAR UPF-BSM Chair is going to participate in the next International Conference Disrupting Thinking Research Event, hosted by the UPF BSM on October 5-7, 2022
AGBAR Chair researchers participate in the organizing committee of the International Conference Disrupting Thinking Research Dublin Technology Event this year entitled "Geo-economics and Geopolitics of Sustainability: A Multidimensional Approach".
- AGBAR UPF-BSM Chair participates in the International Conference Disrupting Thinking Research Event [06/12/2021]
AGBAR UPF-BSM researchers participate in the organizing committee of the International Conference on Disrupting Thinking Research Event at the Technological Univesity Dublin devoted to the study of Covid-19 Global Challenge.
- UPF-BSM and Agbar create a chair on institutional communication and sustainable development [28/06/2021]
The Agbar Chair in Institutional Communication for Sustainable Development Goals was created with the aim of promoting study and knowledge about the future of the 2030 Agenda.
- J. Coetzer, R. Kuehr, A. Severino, (2022) "The need for a new social contract in higher education to deliver on the promise of the sustainable development goals". Vídeo debat Barcelona UPF-BSM DiT 2022.
- D. Rajmil, L. Morales, T. Aira (2022) "Trump's COVID-19 entangled vaccine race". Working paper
- L. Morales, D. Rajmil, JH. Coetzer (2021) “The United States of America and its "Lost American Dream" - Economic Development without Immigration and a Weakening Educational”, World Humanitarian Forum Magazine.
- D. Rajmil, L. Morales, B. Andreosso-O'Callaghan (2020) “China's Ecological Civilization: Geopolitical and Geo-economic Insights”, Sustainable Development and Energy Transition in Europe and Asia, 45-64
- D. Rajmil, L. Morales, T. Aira, M. Cardona (2021) "Afghanistan: a multidimensional crisis". Peace Review, 2022.
Master in political and institutional communication
Learn how to design effective political communication campaigns and political and corporate speeches, and how to manage their communicative impact through online and offline channels.
Postgraduate Course in Executive Development in Sustainable Business
Upskill to become the leader of the Green Transition of your organization. Create value as a manager in one of the central axes of the business strategy: Sustainability.