Master in Political and Institutional Communication
Master in Political and Institutional Communication
5% discount available to applications submitted before 27/04/21
On the Master in Political and Institutional Communication, you will learn to design effective political communication campaigns and political and corporate speeches and to manage their communicative impact through online and offline channels. We offer you a transversal program with a plural perspective: the course classes are taught by academic experts and professionals with great experience who represent the plurality of political parties and institutions.
The Master in Political and Institutional Communication is a face-to-face program that offers solid training in order to understand the interaction between politics and the media.
Throughout the course you will learn to design powerful messages for parties and institutions, you will develop electoral marketing campaigns and you will analyse how public opinion is affected by opinion leaders, think tanks, or lobbies. You will learn how to manage any crises that may appear, either by organizing emergency protocols or working with different institutions and media. You will also learn to adequately transmit the values of institutions and you will discover how governments and political parties use new technologies to communicate with the public. All this with the aim of becoming a professional in political marketing, an expert in political communication, and integrating yourself into the labour market.
Thanks to the design of the syllabus taught by expert professors and professionals, you will delve into the optimization of political and institutional communication processes in a transversal and plural way.
Why choose this program
Current content in touch with reality
The Master's program in Political Communication includes visits to different institutions to learn first-hand about the day-to-day life of experts in political and institutional communication, as well as the political reality of the moment. In addition, you will learn to evaluate different political behaviour and to analyse the media and current public opinion.
The master's seeks to offer you a plural view, both in the content and in the teaching staff, through the maximum representation of political parties and Spanish and Catalan public institutions.
Reputation of the faculty
You will acquire skills from professionals and academics in political and institutional communication who have worked on highly relevant political and institutional campaigns and who have advised local, national, and international political leaders.
Connection with the world of work
The master's offers the possibility of complementing learning with the experience of internships in consultancies, political parties, and institutions, which will facilitate your integration into the labour market.
Who is it for?
The Master in Political and Institutional Communication is aimed at graduates of any discipline. It is also open to professionals who demonstrate relevant experience in the field of political marketing and political or institutional communication.
The Master in Political Communication is structured in 8 modules or blocks of knowledge in which all the contents and tools necessary to transmit the knowledge and skills required by professional development are revealed.
In addition, students will choose a topic to carry out the Master's Final Project which will be guided by a tutor with experience in Master's Projects.
Communication, public opinion, and discourse
Policy strategists and communicators
Strategists and communicators in public institutions
Master's Final Project
The Master's Final Project can be done individually or in groups (maximum of three students) and requires putting into practice the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired throughout the course. This work can have a practical aspect (designing an institutional communication or political communication campaign, for example) or a theoretical aspect (analysing the use of social networks or the media of a party in a specific electoral period, among others) and, in both cases, ends with a public presentation before a committee made up of three professors from the program.
The master's includes BSM Inside, a transversal and interdisciplinary module, common to all master's and postgraduate degrees at UPF Barcelona School of Management, which has been conceived to work on a set of key competencies for professional development in conjunction with the real needs of today's organizations.
This module extends throughout the academic year and is made up of 3 areas of knowledge that constitute the identity traits of the UPF-BSM: Communication; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; and Planetary Well-being and Humanities.
All the subjects of the BSM Inside module are 100% online and have been designed as self-learning subjects: from the first day of the subject until the end of the term you will have all the teaching materials available on the eCampus in a digital format and you can work with the material and the different activities that it contains at your own pace, according to your availability and in a self-organized way.
Once you have passed the program, you will be awarded the degree of Máster en Comunicación Política e Institucional, issued by the Pompeu Fabra University.
Associate Professor UPF-BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
Full Professor UPF-BSM
- Carles Aceña Foguet
Director of communication of Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya since 2016.
Master's in Marketing and Communication from the Open University of Catalonia (UOC)
Associate Professor at the Faculty of Political Science at UPF. He also holds a diploma in Strategy and Political Communication from UAB.
He is editor of the collective political analysis blog Cercle Gerrymandering and is founder and director of communication at the Jot Down cultural magazine.
- Reinald Besalú Casademont
Phd in Public Communicacion from Pompeu Fabra University.
Lecturer at the Department of Communication at Pompeu Fabra University.
Also, he holds a degree in Audiovisual Communication from the Pompeu Fabra University and a degree in Sociology from the Universitat de Barcelona
He teaches Structure of Communication, Public Opinion and Audience Research. He has published in the areas of media reception, structures of the Catalan media landscape, qualitative analysis of media texts and education. He worked in the Audience Department of Televisió de Catalunya, the Catalan public service broadcaster.
- Josep Brugués del Moral
Corporate communication and crisis consultant.
Postgraduate in Public Relations from the University of Washington (Seattle).
- Enric Casas Gironella
Head of the City Council of Viladecans.
Bachelor in Advertising
Associate lecturer of public opinion and communication at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona
He has also been responsible for the advertising and institutional communication for Barcelona City Council during the years 1985-2011, making this responsibility compatible with the management of the City Hall of Barcelona between 2009-2011. The municipal and political campaigns in which he has participated have received numerous awards in Cannes, Donosti or Barcelona.
- Pau Canaleta Heras
Consultant in political and institutional communication.
Master's Degree in Political Marketing from Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona
He is a regular collaborator at RAC1, Canal 324, Catalunya Ràdio, Ràdio Euskadi, 8TV, Cadena SER, Hora Nova and Diari de Girona.
- Joan Corbella Cordomí
Content Director at the Observatory for Audiovisual Production (research group UNICA).
Bachelor in Information Sciences from the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
Lecturer in Journalism at Pompeu Fabra University.
He is a researcher in politics and social communication structures. He has worked at the Department of Culture of the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan government).
- Nacho Corredor Sola
Political analyst in media of Grupo Godó, PRISA or Mediaset
Bachelor's in Political Science from Pompeu Fabra University
He has advised the Government of Spain.
- Verónica Fumanal Callau
Director at Politikom.
Master in Political Marketing from the Institute of Political and Social Sciences.
She has also collaborated with other communication channels: Newspapers Catalunya Ràdio and El Periódico de Catalunya, and TV channels Badalona TV, TV3 and BTV.
- Virginia García Beaudoux
Policy advisor and director of Communicatio.
PhD in Psychology from the Universidad del Salvador.
She has also been an advisor to UNDP and NIMD regarding communication policy training sessions for government officials, women leaders and candidates as well as an independent researcher for CONICET.
- Jorge Gerez Quintella
Director of Quintella Gerez Branding
Master's in Political Marketing from the Autonomous University of Barcelona
He has been named a promising talent in the world of political communication by Campaigns&Elections magazine (Washington DC, USA).
- Lorena Gómez Puertas
Specialist in the area of political communication and analysis of audiovisual discourses.
PhD in Social Communication from Pompeu Fabra University.
Junior lecturer at the Department of Communication of Pompeu Fabra University.
She is also the author of several academic magazine articles and similar publications in a monograph format. She is a member of specialized associations in his fields of interest (ACOP, AECPA, FES, ISA, IPSA, ESN-IERI).
- Jordi Graells Costa
General Director for Citizen Service and Communication of the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Government).
Bachelor in Human Geography.
- Marc Homedes Moradell
Press officer for the Civil Protection Directorate-General
Postgraduate degree in Strategic Communication from Esade
- Mihalis Kavaratzis
Professor of Marketing at the University of Leicester
PhD in City Marketing from the University of Groningen
- Ferran Lalueza Bosch
Professor of Information and Communication Sciences at Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) and expert in communication of crisis.
PhD in Journalism from Pompeu Fabra University.
- Marcos Lamelas López
Economics Journalist. Business, banking and finance specialist. Writes about economic issues in Catalonia for El Confidencial.
PhD in Communication by Pompeu Fabra University
He also edited the Canal 33 program "Fem empresa" and was a lecturer of Economic Journalism at Ramon Llull University. Between 1999-2011 he was Head of the Economic Section in Catalonia at EFE Agency.
- Ignasi Llorente Briones
Council member for the Eixample district, member of the Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya political party.
Postgraduate degree in Urban Management from UOC
He has also been a national council member since 2004 and was the party's communication and public relations officer until 2011. In recent years he has collaborated with the Catalan Federation of Municipalities.
- Anton Losada Trabada
Lecturer of Political Science at the University of Santiago de Compostela.
He holds a master's degree in public management from the UAB. Former Secretary-General of the Vice Presidency of the Xunta and former General Secretary of institutional relations. Commentator and analyst in the Ser, Cuatro and El Periódico. Before he was in TVE, TVG, and El País. He was the General Director of Radiovoz and deputy to the CEO of La Voz de Galicia.
- Philippe Maarek
President of the political communication research division.
PhD in Political Sciences.
Lecturer of Information and Communication Sciences at the University of Paris.
He has also directed the Research Committee.
- Josep Martí Blanch
Communications Secretary for the Catalan Government.
- Jordi Muñoz Mendoza
PhD in Political Science from UPF.
Political Science Teacher at Universidad de Barcelona.
- Joaquim Nadal i Farreras
Director of the Catalan Institute for Cultural Heritage
PhD in History from the University of Barcelona.
Professor of Contemporary History at the Autonomous University of Barcelona and at the University of Girona.
Member of Catalan Parliament from the parliament's 2nd to 9th terms (1984-2012), mayor of Girona from 1979 to 2002. He was the Catalan Generalitat's regional Minister for Territorial Policy and Public Works (2003-2010). He was also the spokesperson for the Socialist Parliamentary Group - Citizens for Change (1999-2003) and the president of the Socialist Parliamentary Group (2010-2012).
- Mercè Oliva Rota
PhD in Social Communications from UPF
Professor at UPF's Communications Department
She is also a member of the UNICA (Audiovisual Communication Research Unit) research group. Her fields of investigation include television studies, cultural studies, reality television, celebrity culture and video games.
- Cristina Perales Garcia
Teaching Coordinator of Journalism studies at the Faculty of Communication of Pompeu Fabra University.
PhD in Journalism and Communication Sciences from Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.
Visiting lecturer at Pompeu Fabra University.
- Salvador Percastre-Mendizábal
Doctoral researcher in political communication at the UPF and attached to the ReSIC of the Université Libre de Bruxelles
Bachelor in Communication Sciences from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
He is a member of the Research Group on Political Communication, Media and Democracy (POLCOM) -UPF, of the European Communication Research and Education Association, Political Communication Section and the Latin American Association of Researchers in Electoral Campaigns. He works as a consultant in political communication.
- Xavier Peytibi Carbonel
Political and Public Communications Consultant at Antoni Gutiérrez-Rubí Consultancy.
Graduated in International Relations from the University of Barcelona.
- Joan Roselló Cardona
Managing Partner at Public Affairs Experts.
PhD in Law from the Complutense University of Madrid.
He is also a member of the professorship at the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Victor Sampedro Blanco
PhD in Information Sciences from the Complutense University of Madrid.
Professor of Political Communication and Public Opinion in Rey Juan Carlos University.
He is also a regular coordinator of the Political Communication Working Groups at the Congresses of the Spanish Association of Political Science and founding partner of the ACOP (Association of Political Communication).
- Francesc Santiago Camps
Technical press coordinator for the Barcelona Town Hall
- Guillem Suau Gomila
Ph.D in Communication from Pompeu Fabra University
Researcher and teacher at Pompeu Fabra University.Master coordinator.
He has given presentations at national and international conferences on political and institutional communication in social media. He has published several book chapters on emergency communication in digital social networks. He is a promoter member of the Research Group in Political Communication, Media and Democracy (POLCOM) of the UPF, member of the Societat Catalana de Comunicació (SCC), of the Association of Political Communication (ACOP), of the Latin American Association of Researchers in Electoral Campaigns (ALICE) and the European Communication Research and Education (ECREA).
- Joan Vidal de Ciurana
Senior Advisor at PwC
MBA from Esade
Over ten years, he has worked for private companies in the fields of banking (Fibanc), industry (Grupo Giró) and culture (Òmnium Cultural). He was Secretary of Government of the Generalitat de Catalunya between 2016-2017.
The methodology of the Master in Political and Institutional Communication is framed, mainly, around different types of sessions that are complemented with conferences, practice, visits to institutions and the monitoring of the Master's Final Project.
During the master there will be sessions in which fundamental and advanced knowledge about methods applicable to the professional practice of political and institutional communication will be imparted.
Case analysis sessions
Descriptive, analytical, critical, and evaluation explanations will also be made of specific processes concerning the development of campaigns that have been undertaken and their results. Students will be encouraged to participate in critical analysis and evaluation of the proposals presented and the results obtained.
Starting from specific explanations undertaken in theoretical sessions or case analysis, practical exercises will be carried out to solve a political or institutional communication problem. The practices will be evaluated by the professors who put them forward in the theoretical sessions or case analysis.
Conferences and visits to institutions
Different professionals from specific fields of political and institutional communication will offer a conference, followed by a debate with the students. In addition, insofar as is possible, visits will be made to different institutions to learn about the day-to-day life of political communication professionals. In previous editions, the European Parliament, the Congress of Deputies and the Parliament of Catalonia, among others, have been visited.
Master's Final Project Tutoring
Students must carry out a Master's Final Project during which they will have a tutor who will advise and guide them to obtain the best result. Follow-up sessions of the project will be held throughout the course and each of its phases.
Each module is evaluated independently:
- 10% participation in the classroom
- Between 20% and 30% (depending on the module) of the activities and presentations made in class
- Between 70% and 60% for the final task of the module.
In relation to the Master's Final Project, the presentation is 20% of the grade, while the written work represents 80% of the grade.
Project-oriented learning and the combination of lectures and active methodologies such as case studies, flipped learning, solving real problems and professional simulations allow the student to connect theory and practice, acquire advanced skills and achieve learning which is transferable to work.
You will have:
- Master's or postgraduate work to learn by doing
- A personal mentor to monitor your Master's Final Project (TFM) or Postgraduate Final Project (TFP)
- Digital resources to achieve transversal skills
- Interdisciplinary activities and workshops
The Master in Political and Institutional Communication offers transversal training to understand all the actors and institutions involved in political communication. Thanks to this coverage, the student will learn to apply the knowledge acquired to their professional career.
The students of the Master in Political and Institutional Communication come from different areas of knowledge, mostly Journalism and Political Science. However, each year the classrooms have students from other fields as varied as Law, Philology, or Advertising and Public Relations.
Average number of years of professional experience
Thanks to its multilevel approach, the master's degree allows a wide range of professional opportunities in the labour market, depending on the participant's previous professional experience and their field of interest. In addition, it offers the possibility of extracurricular internships for those students who want to start in the sector.
- Election campaign director
- Advisor or person in charge of electoral communication
- Institutional or political communication management
- Spin Doctor
- Director of institutional press office
- Political/electoral speechwriter
- Head of institutional or political press releases
- Communicator in administrations (Presidencies, Ministries, Town Halls, etc.)
- Communicator in institutions (NGOs, Think Tanks, Associations, Interest Groups, etc.)
- Community Manager of political parties or institutions
- Specialist in digital content and social media for institutions and political parties
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
Higher university graduates.
Other candidates without the required university degree may take part in the selection process by virtue of their academic or professional merits.
Those participants who do not have Spanish as one of their mother tongues or who did not have it as a teaching language in their training studies, must prove that they have at least a B2 level of Spanish (Common European Framework of Reference), as well as fluently take part in a personal interview with the academic director, if necessary.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 1237.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Apply for one of our Talent Scholarships, specifically awarded to master students who can demonstrate an exceptional academic, professional or personal trajectory.
UPF Barcelona School of Management, through the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education Foundation, annually awards scholarships to finance master's studies to students who can demonstrate their talent and motivation. The Talent Scholarships cover 25% of the total tuition fee. Exceptionally, the Scholarship Award Committee, may decide to extend this amount up to 50%. Likewise, and accrediting a difficult economic situation, the percentage of the scholarship could be extended up to 75%.
- You must have completed a university qualification.
- You must have obtained in your undergraduate studies a minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 out of 4.0 (the Scholarship Committee reserves the right to determine a different minimum GPA according to your home country's grading system). You can check here your Bachelor's Degree average score equivalence
- You must have applied for admission into one of the master's offered by the UPF Barcelona School of Management (except the Official Master's Programme in Advocacy or those master's in which the enrolment process is external to the UPF Barcelona School of Management).
Please note that your application must meet all documentation requirements and deadlines. Otherwise it will not be evaluated.
- Submit your application for the Talent Scholarship via the "Application form" of the programme that you are interested in.
- Submit the documentation detailed below via the "Scholarships and Funding" section of the platform, to which you will be given access when applying:
- A complete transcript of records of your undergraduate studies with your GPA (if presenting a non-Spanish transcript of records, and only if the scale of grades does not appear, include an official certificate conversion chart or a scale, with the minimum passing grade, corresponding to the educational system of the country in which the degree was issued).
If you wish to apply for an increased scholarship due to your economic situation you must expressly request this and provide additional documentation.
In some cases, candidates will be called for interview, either in person or by telephone or Skype. If necessary, we will contact you in order to schedule an interview.
Talent Scholarships are not compatible with the UPF Alumni's discounts, nor with the UPF Barcelona School of Management Alumni discounts.
Talent Scholarships are applied for and awarded according to the dates outlined below. The funds available in each call for applications diminish as the dates advance. Therefore, the earlier you apply for a Talent Scholarship, the more likely you are to be awarded one.
Programmes for the academic year 2021-2022:
- Scholarship application deadline: 03/12/2020, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 14/12/2020
- Scholarship application deadline: 06/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 27/07/2021
The number of rounds is subject to the availability of funds, so if the funds are exhausted in previous rounds, later rounds will be cancelled.
The Talent Scholarship Committee reserves the right to transfer funds to other applications' deadlines if they have not been assigned.
Please bear in mind that scholarship applications have to be made at the same time as completing your application for the programme and always before classes begin. Talent Scholarships cannot be processed for a master's programme that has already begun.
Equally, applications presented after the deadlines of the established rounds will not be accepted, even if classes have not yet begun.
If you have any questions about how to apply for a Talent Scholarship, do not hesitate to contact our Scholarship Information Office. You can also consult our competition rules on the official DOGC Núm. 7518 del 18.12.2017. You can find information about the taxation of the scholarship in the FAQ's.
Apply for one of our UPF-BSM Scholarships, awarded specifically to Pompeu Fabra University students with a good academic record.
If you are studying your last undergraduate course (4th year) at UPF or at a UPF Group centre and you have a good record, you can apply for a UPF-BSM scholarship. Remember that you must be a graduate and be in possession of your degree (or failing that, the certificate of receipt) when you start the program in which you have enrolled.
- Be in the last undergraduate year at UPF.
- Have a good academic record.
- Have been admitted or are in the process of admission to a Master or Postgraduate course for which you are applying for this Scholarship.
- Apply for the Scholarship at the time of application for admission.
- Submit a motivation letter with the reasons why you have opted for the Scholarship and a list of verifiable merits.
- Upload the required documentation through the eRegistrar platform
- The dates of awarding or denying of the Scholarship will be published on the website.
- The scholarship candidate will personally receive a communication with the procedures to follow in order to formalize it.
- The Scholarship Committee assesses academic talent (average grade of the report) and personal talent (the motivation of the candidate and their merits).
- The UPF-BSM Scholarships are not compatible with specific aid for the programs, scholarships granted by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, and other UPF-BSM scholarships.
- They are compatible with other scholarships from organizations outside the UPF-BSM and with discounts for large families.
They are applied for and granted in accordance with the dates stipulated below:
Academic year programs 2020–21 and 2021–22
- Scholarship application deadline: 03/12/2020, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 14/12/2020
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 06/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 01/11/2021
Remember that you must apply for the scholarship when you complete the application for admission to the program that interests you and always before classes start. The Scholarship cannot be processed for a program that is already being studied.
If you have any questions about how to apply for the UPF-BSM Scholarships, you can contact our scholarship secretariat via email.
Social Value Scholarships
UPF Barcelona School of Management, for this next academic year, and aiming at the commitment for social welfare, offers the Social Value Scholarships with the objective of supporting and favoring the groups that the School considers a priority. Enter and consult the details.
These scholarships are intended to favor specific groups, to help them in their professional and personal development or people who are in a situation of economic difficulty.
The Social Value Scholarship program covers from 25% to 70% of the total tuition fee for the master's degree and from 25% to 50% of the total tuition fee for the diploma or postgraduate course for all the programs offered by the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation.
The University Master's Degree in Law and any other master’s degree carried out in conjunction with an institution outside the UPF-BSM are excluded. Also excluded are programs for which the interested party wishes to carry out any recognition. Repeating students will also not be eligible for the scholarship.
- "Impulsa MUJER" (“Promote Woman”)
Aimed at all professional women, from any environment, who wish to study a management program in any area of the company, to occupy leadership positions or to lead a professional project.
Sporty woman: Specifically addressed at professional sportswomen interested in studying the master’s degree in Sports Management in any of its modalities.
- "Post COVID boost"
Aimed at people over 40 who are unemployed or in ERTE. ERTE is a term used in Spain to refer to the suspension for a specific time of the labor contract of part or all the workers of a company due to force majeure. This temporary suspension of the contract has been applied in Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic and remains in effect until the Government and the Employer decide.
- "Entrepreneur Scholarship for local economy"
Aimed at entrepreneurs and small businesses with a direct impact on the local economy and regions that need specific training to boost business.
- You must have applied for admission into one of the master's offered by the UPF Barcelona School of Management (except the Official Master's Program in Advocacy or those master's) and have been admitted to the program for which the grant is being requested.
- Present a letter of motivation with the reasons why you are applying for the scholarship with a list of merits or outstanding aspects that can be contrasted.
Consult the specific criteria for each of the modalities in the rules.
Submit your application for the Social Value Scholarship via the "Application form" of the program that you are interested in.
Submit the documentation via the "Scholarships and Funding" section of the eRegistar platform, to which you will be given access when applying
Please note that your application must meet all the requirements for both documentation and deadlines. Otherwise, it cannot be evaluated.
Social Value Scholarship applications have to be made at the same time as completing your application for the program and always before classes begin. Social Value Scholarships cannot be processed for a master's program that has already begun.
Equally, applications presented after the deadlines of the established rounds will not be accepted, even if classes have not yet begun.
Social Value Scholarship are applied for and awarded according to the dates outlined below.:
Programmes for the academic year 2021-2022
The Scholarship Committee will only award Social Value Scholarships to those applicants who, having completed the corresponding documentation and been finally admitted to the program for which they are applying, have passed the various tests that may be requested and meet the criteria established in each established typology in which they wish to enter.
The Scholarship Committee will inform each applicant of the decision individually by e-mail, following the dates published on the website.
Grants and discounts
If you are a member of our alumni associations or of one of our partner universities, we offer you a series of applicable discounts on the amount of tuition for your program.
- UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC Alumni: If you have previously studied at UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC a 15 credits (or more) program and you decide to take on a new program with us, you are entitled to a discount of 20% on your program tuition fees. It is required to be registered in the Alumni network of the UPF Barcelona School of Management upon your application. This discount is not applicable to short courses and postgraduate courses which are part of the same itinerary.
- UPF Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree, a master program or a doctoral program at Pompeu Fabra University, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits) beginning on or after 01/01/2019.
- ESCI-UPF and Tecnocampus Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree or a master at ESCI-UPF or Tecnocampus, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
UPF Employee Discounts
If you are a member or family member of an employee of the UPF group or belonged to the collaborating institutions of the UPF Barcelona School of Management, you can enjoy a series of applicable discounts on the tuition fees for your program.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) of Pompeu Fabra University. You are entitled to a 35% discount on tuition fees for open programs subject to prior communication from the rector's office and/or the UPF general manager's office.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) and Teaching and Research Staff (PDI) of the UPF Group. Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- Relatives (up to second degree) of UPF and the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education's Foundation teaching and research staff (PAS and PDI, in Spanish). Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- If you work at a company member of the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation's Board of Trustees or at any of our councils' companies. Discount of 20% on the tuition fees of our master's and postgraduate courses.
Early Bird discount
Discount available to applications submitted before the stated deadline.
UPF Partner Latinoamerican Universities Discount
If you are alumni of one of our Partner Universities, you are entitled to a discount of 10% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduate program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management collaborates with various banks and financial entities which provide study loans on favorable terms. For more information you can contact any of the following links (in Spanish).
Note, however, that in order to benefit from these special conditions you must have a NIE if you are not a European Citizen. Therefore, UPF Barcelona School of Management strongly recommends international students to seek first for students loans at bank entities of their country of origin, or to search for funding opportunities through international entities.
Master in Political and Institutional Communication