Master in Political and Institutional Communication
Monday to Thursday from 18.00 to 21.00 h
On the Master in Political and Institutional Communication, you will learn how to design effective political and corporate speeches and manage their communication impact by online and offline channels.
Throughout the course you will learn the links and interaction between politics and the media: you will design powerful messages, will develop electoral marketing campaigns and will analyse how public opinion is affected by opinion leaders, think tanks or lobbies. You will also learn to properly transmit the values of the institutions and find out how governments use new technologies to communicate with the public. Course classes are taught by professional and academic experts representing the plurality of parties and institutions.
The Master in Political and Institutional Communication is aimed at graduates from any discipline. It is also open to professionals without a university degree who can demonstrate relevant experience in the field of political and institutional communication.
You can choose how to finance your studies between 3 and 59 months by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours. You can also check the special bank loans available to participants in the UPF Barcelona School of Management.
Why this program?
- Because you will learn from professionals and academics of political and institutional communication who have worked in political and institutional campaigns of great relevance and who have advised local, national and international political leaders.
- Because of its current contact and focus on the real political panorama: you will learn to evaluate political behaviour using real cases, to analyze public opinion and to design strategic communication campaigns for the electoral and institutional sectors.
- Because it takes you to know the communication departments of the most relevant political institutions. Our alumni have visited the European Parliament, the Congress of Deputies and the Parliament of Catalonia, among others.
- Because you will have the possibility to intern among a wide plurality of political parties, in political consulting companies and in the best local, national and international institutions.
- Because all ideologies are covered: 100% of the political parties and public institutions are represented in both content and teaching staff.
- Because more than 80% of the alumni recommend the program.
- Clearly define what political and institutional communication entails.
- Understand the links and interaction between politics and mass media.
- Learn to identify the factors and agents that are involved in the generation of public opinion and that dictate the topics that are in the public agenda (such as the media, politicians and research organizations etc.).
- Understand the influence that the mass media, public relations organizations, political parties and pressure groups have on the public arena and political and institutional communication (opinion leaders, think tanks, lobbies etc.).
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the improvement of communication of politics and public institutions.
- Master communication strategies, techniques, analysis methods, planning, organization, development and management in electoral campaigns.
- Strengthen and develop the optimization of political and institutional communication processes in local governments.
Find out what you're going to learn!
Some of the information provided here is in Spanish