Online Postgraduate Course in International Finance
Online Postgraduate Course in International Finance
With the Online Postgraduate Course in International Finance you will acquire the knowledge required to align the evolution of the economic and financial environment with the management of companies operating globally.
The Online Postgraduate Course in International Finance will train you as an expert in finance and accounting, especially in companies with a strong international presence. Basic aspects such as detailed information on international accounting regulations, multinational financial management, or international taxation will be covered.
Throughout the course, international financial reporting standards, aspects related to the financing of international operations, and the most common management control systems in multinational companies will be dealt with in detail. You will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the functioning of international accounting regulations (IFRS) and an understanding of the elements required for optimum decision-making in investment and finance in international settings.
The course will also provide you with the ability to design the optimum tax plan for a company, taking matters of international taxation into consideration and the understanding of the functioning of foreign currency accounts and the most appropriate financial products to manage exchange rate, interest rate, and country risk.
Why choose this program
Excellent teaching staff with a double approach
The program has a first-rate academic board and teaching staff, composed of academics from the Department of Economics and Business at Pompeu Fabra University, and professionals from the main companies in the sector.
Adapted to you
Same program, content, and academic qualification, offered in three different modalities: face-to-face, blended, and online to adapt to your personal and professional situation.
Complete your studies
If at the end of the postgraduate course you want to complete your training, you can apply for the Master in Financial and Accounting Management at UPF-BSM, which recognizes the credits obtained in the Postgraduate course.
Who is it for?
The program is aimed at university graduates preferably in the area of business administration and management, economics, and accounting and finance, who want to specialize in the financial field, as well as professionals with financial experience who need to update or gain new knowledge.
It is an advanced program and it is important to have previous training and/or experience in the area.
The Postgraduate course has 5 elective subjects of which 3 must be chosen, and is complemented by a Final Project in which the student applies the knowledge of the contents acquired during the course.
- Management control systems to evaluate the performance in multinational corporations
- Effective decision making in international business.
- Controlling subsidiaries
- IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment
- IAS 40 Investment Property
- IAS 34 Interim Financial Reporting
- IAS 12 Income Taxes
- IAS 23 Borrowing Costs
- IFRS 5 Non-current Assets Held for Sale and Discontinued Operations
- IFRS 16 Leases
- IAS 38 Intangible Assets
- IAS 36 Impairment of Assets
- IAS 2 Inventories
- IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- IFRS 2 Share-based Payment
- IFRS 8 Operating Segments
- IFRS 7 Financial Instruments: Disclosures
- IAS 33 Earnings Per Share
- IAS 19 Employee Benefits
- IFRS 3 Business Combinations
- IAS 27 Separate Financial Statements
- IAS 28 Investments in Associates and Joint Ventures
- IAS 21 The Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates
- IAS 24 Related Party Disclosures
- IAS 20 Accounting for Government Grants and Disclosure
- IFRS 10 Consolidated Financial Statements
- IFRS 11 Joint Arrangements
- IFRS 12 Disclosure of Interests in Other Entities
- IFRS 9 Financial Instruments
- IAS 29 Financial Reporting in Hyperinflationary Economies
- IFRS 1 First-time Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Introduction and taxation systems
- Taxes and jurisdictions
- Transfer pricing
- Legal tax avoidance schemes to take advantage of low tax countries
- International Finance Management
- Treasury Management
- Foreign exchange and cash flow hedge
- Enterprise risk Management
This subject is intended for students to show that they have internalized the content developed during postgraduate studies and that they are capable of applying them in different environments. It is a project that seeks to integrate all or several of the subjects developed during the postgraduate course.
Once you have passed the program, you will be awarded the degree of Curso de Postgrado en Finanzas Internacionales, issued by Pompeu Fabra University.
Note: Elective courses will be carried out in case of reaching a minimum number of enrolled students. The final offer for each academic year may be adapted depending on the academic planning.
The teaching team is made up of lecturers from the UPF's Economics and Business area and professionals from the sector, who guarantee the UPF-BSM's teaching rigour.
Senior Lecturer BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
- Jordi Anducas Planas
Technical Manager in RSM SPAIN AUDITORES.
Postgraduate course in Auditing from UAB. Executive Development Program from Esade.
- Pau Guerrero Vilà
Corporate Financial Director at Cervino Corporation.
Executive MBA from IESE.
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA). He also holds a Bachelor in Administration and Business Management and a Bachelor in Law from Pompeu Fabra University.
- Víctor Vera Vinardell
Financial Director at Orange Catalunya.
Economist and Chartered Accountant. International Business Development at Essec.
At the UPF Barcelona School of Management we are committed to a flexible and dynamic online model, which aims to place the participant at the centre of the process so that they are the owner of their learning process.
To facilitate day-to-day management and the achievement of your academic goals, the program is structured into subjects, with which you will acquire knowledge, and instrumental and aptitude skills.
All this, while having 24/7 access to the virtual environment so that you can organize your study without schedules and at your own pace. In this way, you can combine it with your work and personal life, making the most of the time you have for it.
Interactive teaching materials
Various materials and formats will make your experience more motivating: videos, case studies, content maps, and downloadable resources. Designed and updated periodically by professionals and experts in the field, they put at your disposal the latest knowledge, skills, and tools to take your career to the next level.
Active and collaborative learning
Participation and discussion with your colleagues and teachers are essential for the collaborative learning process. We will provide you with various tools such as the Discussion Forum, where you can propose new topics for debate, comment on and answer questions presented by the teacher or give feedback on interesting comments.
Streaming sessions with experts
Through videoconference sessions with the expert teacher or special guests, you will be able to ask questions, discuss your learning, and connect in real time as if you were all in the same place. To ensure the flexibility of the training, we record the sessions so that you can refer to them if you have not been able to connect.
You will have the support of the expert tutor, who will guide you through each didactic unit; the help of the co-ordinator and the program manager in the delivery of activities, qualifications, management of procedures, or access to services, and the guidance of the career advisor in the improvement of your personal brand and your search for professional opportunities.
The learning process is characterized by its flexibility, since, in the virtual learning environment, the structure of the school calendar and the diversity of multimedia resources which are made available to the student allows them to acquire knowledge in a self-regulated manner.
The support of the teaching staff and interaction with classmates is carried out by making use of a wide variety of communication channels that facilitate proximity and didactic dialogue.
The program is aimed at all those professionals with experience in the field of Accounting and Finance who want to take on new challenges and responsibilities in this area in companies with a strong international presence.
You will be in class with professionals coming from the area of Accounting and Finance, Economics, or Business Administration who want to learn and acquire new knowledge to apply it in their current jobs.
Average years of working experience
The postgraduate course is advanced training that focuses on the main aspects of finance to prioritize the professional careers in this area, specially in global firms or companies operating internationally.
- Auditor of multinational companies' accounts
- Department of international operations
- Financial Director of a multinational company
- Business consultant on international accounting and tax matters
- Financial consultant
- Staff/intermediate manager in multinational Financial Department
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
University graduates or graduates with a university degree.
Likewise, other candidates will be able to access the selection process without the required university degree due to their professional or academic merits, and the place they work.
Knowledge of English: those students who are not native English speakers will be asked for at least B2 English (CEFR). Participants who have English as their native language will not have to submit any certificates.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 3332.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Grants and discounts
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management collaborates with various banks and financial entities which provide study loans on favorable terms. For more information you can contact any of the following links (in Spanish).
Note, however, that in order to benefit from these special conditions you must have a NIE if you are not a European Citizen. Therefore, UPF Barcelona School of Management strongly recommends international students to seek first for students loans at bank entities of their country of origin, or to search for funding opportunities through international entities.
Online Postgraduate Course in International Finance