Postgraduate Course in Innovation and Design Thinking
The Postgraduate Course in Innovation and Design Thinking is an instrumental program providing technological and methodological tools focused on the management of disruptive or incremental innovation. The program allows students to develop a strategic response to the emergence of new paradigms and the impact of new technologies on business models and companies’ management styles.
Businesses nowadays have come to require greater flexibility and faster response times for their customers/users, who are increasingly better informed, more demanding and able to select from a wide range of products and services. All of this with a focus on the experience rather than on the product or service itself.
Adaptation to new challenges entails the application of new methodologies applied to companies, whether large or small, profit or non-profit. Such methodologies are referred to as Design Thinking, Agile, Service Design and User Experience, among others.
While organisations must acquire these tools and forms of knowledge in order to face these new challenges, the people leading these organisations are the ones managing the change, and thus those who must be best prepared to tackle it head on.
Furthermore, with these changes occurring at an unprecedented speed, the ability to adapt to this new environment is critical. Whether disruptive or incremental, innovation has come to serve as an organisation’s backbone. Managing innovation is therefore one of the main drivers of corporate strategy in many companies.
The program methodology is blended (both face-to-face and distance). Face-to-face classes will be held on Fridays (4-9 pm) and Saturdays (9 am to 2 pm) during March. After this date, sessions will be held on alternate weeks.
You can choose how to finance your studies between 3 and 59 months by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours. You can also check the special bank loans available to participants in the UPF Barcelona School of Management.
Why this program?
Disruption is one of the most popular terms in management nowadays. Such an interest is due to the threats and prospects created in part by the power currently held by digital technologies. The possibilities for new products, services, and business models promise to exert a considerable impact on almost every sector of the economy.
Our Postgraduate Course in Innovation and Design Thinking will equip you with the tools and knowledge needed to navigate the new business and technological paradigms, with change management critical to many companies. The program’s strengths are as follows:
- the opportunity to work with the sector’s leading professionals on innovation and design thinking.
- the opportunity to create a network of professionals interested in innovation management.
- the opportunity to apply the methodologies and tools at the forefront of innovation and design thinking, as well as to work on practical cases in real-life companies.
- the opportunity to visit Pier01, Nestle’s Global Digital Hub and other innovation hubs.
The main aim of the Postgraduate Course in Innovation and Design Thinking is to provide the specific tools and forms of knowledge required in this environment to allow people to lead or implement change, regardless of the type of organisation.
In order to achieve our main aim, we, therefore, offer highly specific content focused on managing disruptive or incremental innovation that is constantly updated and adapted to the new technological and methodological tools used by organisations in their everyday management processes. This will allow students to:
- acquire an in-depth and up-to-date perspective from renowned professionals in the sector.
- apply the principles of Design Thinking within organisations.
- create an innovative culture within organisations in order to implement greater continuity generating competitive advantages, creating value for the entire organisation.
- detect new business opportunities.
Who is it for?
The program is aimed at managers of operational areas, middle managers, entrepreneurs, consultants and executives responsible for innovation and development in any sector or activity who want to acquire tools and knowledge on innovation in the business world. It is also suitable for:
- all those interested in learning more about managing corporate innovation.
- all those interested in learning about the new paradigms of corporate management based on constant innovation.
- all those interested in processes of change applying effective creative techniques.
- all those interested in understanding the threats and opportunities generated by the current power held by digital technologies and the possibilities for new products, services, and business models.
University degree, or in exceptional circumstances, candidates with at least three years’ professional experience in the program’s sphere of activity may also be accepted. An intermediate level of English (both written and spoken) is mandatory, as some materials will be in English.