UPF Barcelona School of Management, through the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education Foundation, annually awards scholarships to finance master's studies to students who can demonstrate their talent and motivation. The Talent Scholarships cover between 25% and 50% of the total tuition fee and up to 75% if you can demonstrate that you are in a difficult financial situation.
Which requirements do I need to fulfil?
- You must have completed a university qualification.
- You must have obtained in your undergraduate studies a minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 out of 4.0 (the Scholarship Committee reserves the right to determine a different minimum GPA according to your home country's grading system). You can check here your Bachelor's Degree average score equivalence
- You must have applied for admission into one of the master's offered by the UPF Barcelona School of Management (except the Official Master's Programme in Advocacy or those master's in which the enrolment process is external to the UPF Barcelona School of Management).
Please note that your application must meet all documentation requirements and deadlines.
Otherwise it will not be evaluated.
How do I apply?
- Submit your application for the Talent Scholarship via the "Application form" of the programme that you are interested in.
- Submit the documentation detailed below via the "Scholarships and Funding" section of the platform, to which you will be given access when applying:
- Letter of motivation. Tell us why you request the Talent Scholarship and why you think you are a good candidate to be awarded.
- List of merits. Download our template. Remember to provide the information that accredits your merits.
- A complete transcript of records of your undergraduate studies with your GPA (if presenting a non-Spanish transcript of records, and only if the scale of grades does not appear, include an official certificate conversion chart or a scale, with the minimum passing grade, corresponding to the educational system of the country in which the degree was issued).
All documents except for the academic transcript must be in either Catalan, Spanish or English. The academic transcript can be presented in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian or Portuguese. If it is another language it must be accompanied by a sworn official translation into Catalan or Spanish.
If you wish to apply for an increased scholarship due to your economic situation you must expressly request this and provide additional documentation.
In some cases, candidates will be called for interview, either in person or by telephone or Skype. If necessary, we will contact you in order to schedule an interview.
Talent Scholarships are not compatible with the UPF Alumni's discounts, nor with the UPF Barcelona School of Management Alumni discounts.
When do I apply?
Talent Scholarships are applied for and awarded according to the dates outlined below. The funds available in each call for applications diminish as the dates advance. Therefore, the earlier you apply for a Talent Scholarship, the more likely you are to be awarded one.
Programmes for the academic year 2019-2020 and 2020-2021
|Rounds||Scholarship application deadline||Awarding of the scholarship|
|13th. round (*)||08/10/2019||06/11/2019|
|14th round (*)/ 1st Round||05/11/2019||during the week 02/12/2019|
|2nd. Round||03/12/2019||during the week 13/01/2020|
|3rd. Round||14/01/2020||during the week 10/02/2020|
|4th. Round||18/02/2020||during the week 16/03/2020|
|5th. Round||17/03/2020||during the week 13/04/2020|
|6th. Round||21/04/2020||during the week 18/05/2020|
|7th. Round||19/05/2020||during the week 22/06/2020|
|8th. Round||16/06/2020||during the week 13/07/2020|
|9th. Round||07/07/2020||during the week 27/07/2020|
|10th. Round||20/07/2020||during the week 27/07/2020|
|11th. Round||02/09/2020||during the week 28/09/2020|
|12th. Round||15/09/2020||during the week 12/10/2020|
|13th. Round||06/10/2020||during the week 02/11/2020|
|* This round is only open for programs that begin in January / February 2020|
The number of rounds is subject to the availability of funds, so if the funds are exhausted in previous rounds, later rounds will be cancelled.
The Talent Scholarship Committee reserves the right to transfer funds to other applications' deadlines if they have not been assigned.
Please bear in mind that scholarship applications have to be made at the same time as completing your application for the programme and always before classes begin. Talent Scholarships cannot be processed for a master's programme that has already begun.
Equally, applications presented after the deadlines of the established rounds will not be accepted, even if classes have not yet begun.
If you have any questions about how to apply for a Talent Scholarship, do not hesitate to contact our Scholarship Information Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also consult our competition rules on the official DOGC Núm. 7518 del 18.12.2017. You can find information about the taxation of the scholarship in the FAQ's.