Online Postgraduate Course in Usability, UX and Interaction Design
Online Postgraduate Course in Usability, UX and Interaction Design
With fierce digital competition focused on offering the user the best possible experience, designing a friendly website is essential for any company. With the Online Postgraduate Course in Usability, UX and Interaction Design at UPF Barcelona School of Management, you will specialize in the latest digital design tools that will allow you to adapt your website to the behaviour of your user in order to improve their experience and your digital business.
The Online Postgraduate Course in Usability, UX and Interaction Design aims to make the student plan and execute the development of their company's website so that it offers a unique user experience (UX) to its clients.
On this postgraduate course you will learn to design and evaluate interfaces from the point of view of user-centred design, considering information architecture, usability and accessibility, as well as learning to manage UX projects in the company. The Online Postgraduate course in Usability, UX and Interaction Design prepares you to face the constant growth of the digital sector, to know how to control, measure and optimize your website and thus turn each of your users' visits into a unique online business opportunity.
Together with active professionals in the sector, you will be trained in the use of functional prototyping tools to be able to propose and develop the information architecture of an interactive system, in addition to creating interactive systems with web technologies and mobile technologies, and developing high-level prototypes.
Why choose this program
You will acquire practical knowledge
You will learn everything that is involved in designing to generate better user experiences: usability, interaction design, accessibility, information architecture, evaluation techniques and methods, and work processes in UX teams.
Learn from industry experts
Due to its high degree of personalization and individualization, professors and tutors who are experts in UX and digital marketing will respond to any type of queries you may have related to the content of the program throughout the postgraduate course.
Attend specialization webinars
Every week you will have live webinars by active professionals in the sector who will explain new trends in UX design.
Who is it for?
The Online Postgraduate Course in Usability, User Experience and Interaction Design is aimed at graduates from any field, especially those with training in audiovisual communication, public relations, journalism, psychology and IT, among others. It is also designed for professionals who want to expand their business online, as well as product managers and website owners who want to learn how to design their website around their user.
The postgraduate course is divided into 4 modules where the participants will learn the different interface evaluation techniques from the point of view of usability and user experience, their advantages and disadvantages, and how they complement each other to obtain a better result.
Since the UX professional carries out their activity in companies, the work processes within this environment will be shown, whether they are departments that work for that same company or whether it is consulting for clients.
Usable interface design
Project management and Frontend for UX
Evaluation of usability and user experience
Mobile devices: Prototyping, Usability, SEO, SEM and Mobile Analytics
BSM Inside is a transversal and interdisciplinary module, common to all master's and postgraduate degrees at UPF Barcelona School of Management, which has been conceived to work on a set of key competencies for professional development in conjunction with the real needs of today's organizations.
This module extends throughout the academic year and is made up of 3 areas of knowledge that constitute the identity traits of the UPF-BSM: Communication; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; and Planetary Well-being and Humanities.
All the subjects of the BSM Inside module are 100% online and have been designed as self-learning subjects: from the first day of the subject until the end of the term you will have all the teaching materials available on the eCampus and you can work with the material and the different activities that it contains at your own pace, according to your availability and in a self-organized way.
Once you have passed the program, you will be awarded the degree of Diploma de Postgrado en Usabilidad, Diseño de Interacción y Experiencia de Usuario, issued by the Pompeu Fabra University.
The teaching staff of the Online Postgraduate Course in Usability, UX and Interaction Design is made up of more than 40 professionals from the active digital marketing sector with long experience in web design and user experience.
Associate Professor UPF
Academic coordinator of the Online Master in UX and Online Master in Search Engines.
- Adrián Fernández, User Researcher in Sophtonic
- Alejandro L pez, PGRMT
- Antonio Rodr guez, Everis
- Fidalgo Armor, Freelance Consultor
- Carlos Gonzalo, Independent Consultor
- Carlos Jimenez, UX deminer
- Carlos Lopezosa, Independent Consultor
- Carlos Scolari, Pompeu Fabra University
- Cristina Muriel Gairnn, Independent Consultor
- Christopher Rovira, Pompeu Fabra University
- Daniel Armengol, Professional Freelance
- Daniel Pinillos, Independent Consultor
- Daniel Torres Burriel, Torresburriel Studio
- David Maniega, CTO of ICALia
- Eduardo Fernández, Consultor in Marketing Digital
- Emmanuelle Gutiérrez, Sidar-Access Universal Foundation
- Eva Moya, Freelance Web Reactor
- Fernando Gavarr n, Metrilica
- Fernando Maci , Human Level Communications
- Frederic Guerrero, Pompeu Fabra University
- Gabriela Prado, Wayra (Telefnicanica)
- Ignacio Pastor, UX Engineer in SAGE
- Jaume Batlle, Independent Consultor
- Javier D arrives, UserZoom
- Javier D az-Noc , Pompeu Fabra University
- Javier Leiva, Freelance Consultor
- Javier Usobiaga, Web Designer
- Jesus Bustamante, Information Architect in HeyZeus
- Jordi Serrano, Polytechnic University of Catalonia
- Jorge Barahona, CEO of AyerViernes
- Jorge González, Adrenalina
- José Facchin, Marketing Digital Consultant
- José Luis González Sánchez, University of Granada
- Juan Merodio, Group Elles
- Julio Loayza, Professional freelance
- Julián Marquina-Arenas, Baratz
- Laura Garcia-Barri, Uber
- Llu s Codina, Pompeu Fabra University
- Luis Quintanilla, La Salle Victoria University
- Manuela Battaglini, Repavar and Protextreme
- Miquel Mark , User Engagement
- Marc Segarra, Creativity * Co-creation Manager
- Mario Pérez-Montoro, Professor of the University of Barcelona
- Mireia Ribera, Professor of the University of Barcelona
- MJ Cachon, SISTRIX
- Olga Carreras, Freelance Consultor
- Oriol Ibars and Alex Castellote, undefined
- Patricia Russo, Official College of Library and Documentaries of Catalonia
- Pere Freixa, Pompeu Fabra University
- Ricardo Pozzobon, University of the Andes
- Ricardo Balart, Search Engine Marketing Specialist
- Rosa Gil, Professor at the University of Lleida
- Rubén Alcaraz, Ateneu Barcelononèss
- Rubén Llames, Consultor
- Sebastián Ossés, Continuum Peru
- Sergio Sánchez Mancha, Gindo
- Sonia Ortiz, BuscosEO
- Thomas Modrooo, undefined
- Toni González Pacanowski, Inline Prestigia
- Toni Granollers, Professor of the University of Lleida
- Xavier Castellnou, Marketing Digital Marketing Director and Commercial in Coptering
At UPF Barcelona School of Management we are committed to a flexible and dynamic online model, whose objective is to place you as a participant at the centre of the process and to be the owner of the development of your learning.
To facilitate the day-to-day management and the achievement of academic goals, you will have 24/7 access to the virtual environment so that you can organize your study without schedules and at your own pace.
As such, you will acquire knowledge, and instrumental and aptitude skills while combining training with your work and personal life, making the most of the time you have for it.
Interactive teaching materials
Various materials and formats will make your experience more motivating: videos, case studies, content maps and downloadable resources. Designed and updated periodically by professionals and experts in the field, they put at your disposal the latest knowledge, skills, and tools to take your career to the next level.
Active and collaborative learning
Participation and discussion with your classmates and teachers are essential to the collaborative learning process. We will provide you with various tools such as the Discussion Forum, where you can propose new topics for debate, comment on and answer questions presented by the teacher or respond to interesting comments.
Streaming sessions with experts
Through videoconference sessions with the expert teacher or special guests, you will be able to ask questions, discuss your learning and connect in real time as if you were all in the same place. To ensure the flexibility of the training, we record the sessions so that you can refer to them if you have not been able to connect.
You will have the support of the expert tutor, who will guide you through each didactic unit; the help of the co-ordinator and the program manager in the delivery of activities, qualifications, management of procedures or access to services, and the guidance of the career advisor in the improvement of your personal brand and the search for professional opportunities.
The activities and evaluation dates of each of the subjects in the program will be detailed at the beginning of the course.
The evaluative tests of the program will be established and corrected under the quality criteria required in all UPF Barcelona School of Management programs, which guarantee their academic value and recognition.
The evaluation of the program will be carried out online on the basis of:
- Resolution of practical cases oriented to business reality
- Knowledge tests for each subject
- Proactive participation in forums and debates
- Production and presentation of a final project
- Google Search Console Tools
- Google Drive
- Tom's Planner
Throughout the program, students will learn about the phases of the web creation process, from the initial conception to the development of a final prototype. The postgraduate trains UX specialists so that their prototypes are of high level, to facilitate communication with development departments and so that they can develop their own applications and websites.
The postgraduate course is made up of university graduates preferably in the field of with some professional experience in the area of marketing and who want to specialize in organic positioning (SEO) as well as managing the online marketing campaigns (SEM) of their organization.
Number of years of professional experience
The Online Postgraduate Course in Usability, UX and Interaction Design will offer you the most advanced knowledge in web design and user experience through a practical approach in the hands of a large staff of teachers connected with multinationals or private consultancies, so that you know how to develop yourself in this sector of digital marketing.
- Digital Marketing Department of any multinational improving its web structure for a better SEO positioning.
- Usability Consultant for external companies that want to improve their interfaces.
- Designer of interfaces for users in companies of all kinds.
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
Higher university graduates.
Other candidates without the required university degree may take part in the selection process by virtue of their academic or professional merits and the place of work they occupy.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 2376.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Online Postgraduate Course in Usability, UX and Interaction Design