Master of Science in International Business
Program curriculum and final degree
The MSc in International Business is organized around core modules which unfold parallel to the 3 key phases of a company's internationalization process: Internal and External Diagnosis, Strategic Planning and Business Operations.
Additionally, in the 3rd term students embark on a one-week Business Trip to a foreign country in order to experience the implementation of international business plans. Flight tickets, accommodation and transfers are included in the tuition fees. During the last intakes students have visited Poland, Benelux, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Morocco and Russia.
Throughout the whole academic year students work on their MSc thesis in tutorized sessions. The thesis takes the form of an international business plan or an international start-up development plan
At the end of the Master students will undertake a curricular internship in leading international companies. Career development sessions will be offered to aid students in finding the placement and prepare them for their professional future.
First Term: Internal and External Diagnosis
- International Risk Analysis. Economic, Social and Political Environment
- International Economics
- Institutions and Markets. Regional processes of Economic Integration
- Marketing Research and Opportunity Analysis
- Culture and Organization of International Business
Second Term: Strategic Planning
- International Business Strategy
- International Marketing
- International Finance, Accounting and Taxation (Part I)
- Logistics and International Supply Chain Management
- International Human Resources Management
Third Term: Business Operations
- International Finance, Accounting and Taxation (Part II)
- Import/Export Management. International Contracts
- Management Skills, Communication and Negotiation Techniques
- Business Game. Simulation of Strategic Decisions
- Business Trip. International Trade Mission
Fourth Term: Internship
MSc Thesis: International Business Plan
Additional Off-Program Activities
Further to the course's regular classes, all Master of Science students have the possibility of attending free complementary training parallel to the running of their studies. The following activities are optional and are included in the program's tuition fees:
- Brush-up Courses: preparatory crash-courses on business and economy-related subjects which take place two weeks prior to the beginning of the program.
- Spanish Course: free of charge during the first term. 3 hours/week course at the UPF's language school.
- Career Development Program: career sessions and workshops where students obtain specific training on how to improve their CV, approach potential employers and develop professional soft skills. Read more at Employment Opportunities.
Once students have completed the program they will receive the official master's degree Master in International Business awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.
Students will also receive an additional Master of Science in International Business completion certificate awarded by UPF Barcelona School of Management and ESCI-UPF.
Official Master's Degree: Upon successfully completing the master's program you will receive a final diploma awarded by Pompeu Fabra University. In order to issue the certificate, the Government of Catalonia charges an additional fee of approximately €200. The exact amount varies annually and will be confirmed upon completion of the degree. In accordance with the regulations set out by the Spanish Ministry of Education this final diploma will be issued in Spanish.