Online Postgraduate Diploma in English to Spanish Translation of Contemporary Literature
Our Online Postgraduate Diploma in English to Spanish Translation of Contemporary Literature will teach you to interpret and translate literary texts such as poems, memoirs and novels between various languages and for a variety of cultural realities.
By studying translators of authors such as George Orwell, Ken Follett and Rudyard Kipling, you’ll discover how to produce solutions to some of the most rigorous challenges in literary translation involving humour, poetry and rhetorical resources. By the time you’ve completed the course, you’ll be able to faithfully transfer cultural references from one language to another while preserving their idiomaticity, particularly in fields such as religion, ideology and ethics. Apart from translation, you will also learn about Intellectual Property Law and the legal aspects of working as a freelance translator.
Our Online Postgraduate Diploma in English to Spanish Translation of Contemporary Literature is targeted at translation and interpretation graduates, as well as students with other qualifications seeking to acquire the knowledge required to work as literary translators. Most of the translations on the course will be performed from English to Spanish.
You can choose how to finance your studies between 3 and 59 months by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours. You can also check the special bank loans available to participants in the UPF Barcelona School of Management.
Why this program?
- It approaches translation from a practical standpoint, allowing you to participate in various seminars and workshops not only related to translation but also to reading, editing, writing and research tools.
- As well as improving your efficiency as a translator, you will also learn more about the legal aspects of the working life of a freelance translator such as how to issue invoices and file tax returns, the framework to be adhered to according to Intellectual Property Law, as well as how to promote your services with Web 2.0 tools specific to the sector, etc.
- You will be taught by translators with a wealth of professional experience (Silvia Komet, Valerie Miles), publishers and theatre/cinema critics, as well as university professors such as Olivia de Miguel (2011 National Award for the Best Spanish Translation).
- Improve the training available to philologists and translators and help ensure the participants’ professional and academic expectations meet the market needs.
- Read, translate, edit and discuss texts throughout the entire translation process.
- Provide training on the more theoretical aspects that consolidate the cultural baggage required in approaching the translation of a cult text.
- Offer training that tackles the complexity of the figure of the translator and shapes competent professionals able to perform tasks of great responsibility in the sphere of cultural exchange.
Who is it for?
Our Online Postgraduate Diploma in English to Spanish Translation of Contemporary Literature is directed at professional translators with backgrounds in the Humanities (Translation, Philology, Philosophy, History, History of Art, Journalism, etc.) and anyone interested in acquiring the professional profile necessary for working in literary translation.