INTERNATIONAL CHAIR IN SUSTAINABLE FINANCE
The Chair in Sustainable Finance at UPF Barcelona School of Management aspires to be at the forefront of opinions on guiding the financial sector towards an evolution in which human dignity and the conservation of the planet are at the centre of economic activity.
This Chair is possible thanks to the support of the Spanish office of Triodos Bank NV.
The Chair is an international centre for research, exchange of experiences, dissemination, and training. Its main assets are its independence of action and its inclusiveness. Its inspiration, in terms of objectives and activity, lies in the prevailing think tank and research centre model in various European countries.
The chair considers finance as a disruptive force that is decisive in achieving a fairer and more sustainable economy in which human dignity and the conservation of the planet are at the centre of economic activity and, therefore, of business objectives.
The vision of the chair is:
- A stable and resilient financial sector that contributes to an economy centred on people and the maintenance of life on the planet
- And its founding mission focuses on:
- Encouraging and contributing in an independent way to the debate on sustainable finance using a theoretical-practical approach
The chair has a number of specific purposes.
- Disseminate original and advanced lines of thought and research in Spain carried out by universities and institutions around the world, especially in Europe. Twinning with other similar centres will be a fundamental focus of action.
- Carry out, alone or in collaboration with other companies and institutions, unique research projects that promote the progress of sustainable finance in the country.
- Based on previous developments, design and implement a disclosure policy with a clear objective of inducing specialized stakeholders to take action: the financial sector in general, regulators, investors, and governments.
- Also based on evidence, create dissemination tools in the field of sustainable finance and the role of finance in the economy for use by the general public.
- Finally, be a reference point and source of knowledge for the creation of specialized and/or postgraduate training programs in the field of sustainable finance, both within the UPF-BSM framework and in other institutes and universities.
Managing Director of Triodos Bank Spain.
Patricia Gabeiras Vázquez
Founding-partner at Gabeiras y Asociados.
Ángel Bergés Lobera
Vice President of Analistas Financieros Internacionales
Oriol Amat Sala
Rector of the Pompeu Fabra University.
Marcos Eguiguren Huerta
Director of the Chair in Sustainable Finance
Marcos Eguiguren Huerta
Doctor in Business Administration and Management, Economist with several postgraduate degrees.
Ramón Bastida Vialcanet
Vice-Dean of Knowledge Transfer and researcher.
Doctor in Business Administration and Management from the Universitat Rovira i Virgili.
Associate Professor of the Department of Economics and Business at Pompeu Fabra University.
Gemma Cid Salvador
Óscar Elvira Benito
Xavier Puig Pla
News and Articles
We present a selection of relevant articles and news that deal with sustainable finance issues, with special emphasis on the current events generated by UPF Barcelona School of Management itself, but also as a small window to learn about international news that stands out for its relevance or innovative character.
UPF Barcelona School of Management and Triodos Bank create the Chair in Sustainable Finance
The UPF Barcelona School of Management (UPF-BSM) and Triodos Bank, an ethical banking credit institution, sign an agreement for the creation of the Chair in Sustainable Finance (CSF), an international research center, exchange of experiences, dissemination and training in this area.
Publications and articles
Bastida, Ramon; Kocornik-MIna, Adriana; Eguiguren, Marcos. (2021) Social Impact of Value-Based Banking: Best Practises and a Continuity Framework. Sustainability (Special Issue "Sustainable Finance and the 2030 Agenda: Investing to Transform the World”)
Foro académico de Finanzas Sostenibles (2021): Estado de la cuestión y motivaciones para su desarrollo. Impulsado por Triodos Bank y Analistas Financieros Internacionales, precedente de la Cátedra de Finanzas Sostenibles de la UPF-BSM (Monografía 01)
Foro Académico de Finanzas Sostenibles (2021): Metodologías de análisis para el alineamiento de carteras financieras con la acción climática. Impulsado por Triodos Bank y Analistas Financieros Internacionales, precedente de la Cátedra de Finanzas Sostenibles de la UPF-BSM (Monografía 02)
Master's Degree in Finance and Banking
Become the professional in the financial area that today's market needs: investment fund manager, banking manager, personal advisor, or expert in the new disruptive platforms of the sector.
Postgraduate Course in Management of Social and Corporate Responsibility
Obtain a global vision of all the knowledge and interest groups, internal and external, which CSR covers in organizations (with regards to social, employment, environmental, and Human Rights aspects).
Master of Science in Finance and Banking
Learn the skills necessary to make sound decisions in finance, banking, and financial regulation.
Master of Science in Management
Acquire a solid understanding of business management and organizations, and specialize in your preferred area: Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Marketing or Operations and Supply Chain Management.