INTERNATIONAL CHAIR IN SUSTAINABLE FINANCE
Our Chair in Sustainable Finance aspires to be a thought leader in guiding the financial sector towards an evolution of finance in which human dignity and the preservation of the planet are placed at the center of economic activity.
This Chair is made possible thanks to the support of Triodos Bank NV, branch in Spain.
The Chair is an international center for research, exchange of experiences, dissemination and training. Its main assets are its independence and inclusiveness. Its inspiration, in terms of objectives and activity, is the think tank and research center model prevailing in several European countries.
The Chair sees finance as a decisive disruptive force for achieving a fairer and more sustainable economy, in which human dignity and the preservation of the planet are at the center of economic activity and, therefore, of business objectives.
The vision of the Chair is:
- A stable and resilient financial sector that contributes to a people-centered economy and the maintenance of life on the planet.
And its founding mission focuses on:
- To favor and contribute to the debate on sustainable finance with a theoretical-practical approach, and in an independent manner.
The Chair has a number of specific purposes.
- To disseminate in Spain original and advanced lines of thought and research, carried out by universities and institutions around the world, especially in Europe. Joining with other similar centers will be a fundamental axis of action.
- To carry out, alone or in collaboration with other companies and institutions, unique research projects that drive the progress of sustainable finance in the country.
- Based on the above developments, design and implement an outreach policy with a clear objective to induce action by specialized stakeholders: financial sector in general, regulators, investors and governments.
- Based on the evidence, create outreach tools on the field of sustainable finance and the role of finance in the economy for use by the general public.
- To be a reference and source of knowledge for the creation of specialized and/or postgraduate training programs in the field of sustainable finance, both within UPF-BSM and in other institutes and universities.
Managing Director of Triodos Bank Spain.
Patricia Gabeiras Vázquez
Founding-partner at Gabeiras y Asociados.
Ángel Bergés Lobera
Vice President of Analistas Financieros Internacionales
Oriol Amat Sala
Rector of the Pompeu Fabra University.
Marcos Eguiguren Huerta
Director of the Chair in Sustainable Finance
Marcos Eguiguren Huerta
Doctor in Business Administration and Management, Economist with several postgraduate degrees.
Ramón Bastida Vialcanet
Vice-Dean of Knowledge Transfer and researcher.
Doctor in Business Administration and Management from the Universitat Rovira i Virgili.
Associate Professor of the Department of Economics and Business at Pompeu Fabra University.
Óscar Elviro Benito
Xavier Puig Pla
Materials published at international level
- Bastida, Ramon; Kocornik-MIna, Adriana; Eguiguren, Marcos. (2021) Social Impact of Value-Based Banking: Best Practises and a Continuity Framework. Sustainability (Special Issue "Sustainable Finance and the 2030 Agenda: Investing to Transform the World”).
- Olaizola, E., Morales-Sánchez, R., & Eguiguren Huerta, M. (2021). Biomimetic Leadership for 21st Century Companies. Biomimetics.
Materials published at national level
- Foro académico de Finanzas Sostenibles (2021): Estado de la cuestión y motivaciones para su desarrollo. Impulsado por Triodos Bank y Analistas Financieros Internacionales, precedente de la Cátedra de Finanzas Sostenibles de la UPF-BSM (Monografía 01).
- Foro Académico de Finanzas Sostenibles (2021): Metodologías de análisis para el alineamiento de carteras financieras con la acción climática. Impulsado por Triodos Bank y Analistas Financieros Internacionales, precedente de la Cátedra de Finanzas Sostenibles de la UPF-BSM (Monografía 02).
Publications generated by the UPF-BSM Chair and the UPF-BSM environment
- Amat, Oriol; Carrillo, Jordi; Cavallé, Joan i Torrademé, Anna. (2021). Caja de Ingenieros: Una entidad financiera diferente. UPF Barcelona School of Management.
- Tarruell Landauro, Jan Pol (2021). Les Finances Ètiques: Anàlisi de l'Oferta i la Demanda a Catalunya i Espanya. Facultat d'Economia i Empresa de la Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
Last newsAll the news
Master's Degree in Finance and Banking
Become the professional in the financial area that today's market needs: investment fund manager, banking manager, personal advisor, or expert in the new disruptive platforms of the sector.
Postgraduate Course in Management of Social and Corporate Responsibility
Obtain a global vision of all the knowledge and interest groups, internal and external, which CSR covers in organizations (with regards to social, employment, environmental, and Human Rights aspects).
Master of Science in Finance and Banking
Learn the skills necessary to make sound decisions in finance, banking, and financial regulation.
Master of Science in Management
Acquire a solid understanding of business management and organizations, and specialize in your preferred area: Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Marketing or Operations and Supply Chain Management.