Postgraduate Course in Compliance
Fridays from 16:30 a 20:30h and Saturdays from 9:00 to 13:00h
The Postgraduate Course in Compliance will prepare you to deal with the growing number of regulations and specific regulations to which an organization is subject, both nationally and internationally.
During the course you will develop knowledge about soft law and hard law at national and international level and learn how to design compliance strategies. Besides an overview of the regulations imposed by organizations such as the UN and the OECD, you will also analyse specific examples, such as British Law on bribes and US corporate guidelines. Through case studies you will learn how to act in the event of detection of corrupt business practices and how to resolve them.
Taught jointly with Universidad Carlos III and in collaboration with KPMG, the Postgraduate Course in Compliance is aimed at professionals who wish to obtain specific knowledge about compliance procedures, as well as professionals and managers in this area who want technical knowledge to consolidate their work. It is also open to people working in the field of economics, law and auditing.
You can choose how to finance your studies between 3 and 59 months by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours. You can also check the special bank loans available to participants in the UPF Barcelona School of Management.
Why this program?
- Because the contents are adapted to the latest reality of the profession: the subjects have been designed by academics at Pompeu Fabra University and Universidad Carlos III in Madrid, and by professional experts in compliance at KPMG.
- Because it is the only structured training in Barcelona that regulates the role of compliance officer, a new professional profile with guarantees for the future.
- Because you will specialize in the most recent legislation that companies need to comply with: you will be kept up to date with the latest changes to the Spanish Organic Law of the Penal Code, you will learn to apply management models and become familiar with the most recent compliance management systems, and more.
- When you complete the postgraduate course you will receive a double qualification from Pompeu Fabra University and Universidad Carlos III.
- Acquire a complete picture of the different areas that form the discipline of legal compliance.
- Gain the knowledge required to develop a compliance risk assessment, in order to define the reach of legal compliance and the skills necessary for compliance management.
- Develop the necessary knowledge for designing efficient compliance policies and Compliance Management Systems.
- Develop the personal skills necessary to efficiently carry out compliance tasks.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at professionals who wish to gain specific knowledge in compliance, especially those who are currently in positions such as compliance officers (COs), chief compliance officers (CCOs) or chief ethics and compliance officers (CECOs) and who wish to gain more technical knowledge regarding their tasks. Business lawyers, economists, internal and external auditors, consultants and other professionals seeking a solid, structured vision of compliance are also potential candidates.