Postgraduate Course in Content Creation and New Digital Narratives
Postgraduate Course in Content Creation and New Digital Narratives
Postgraduate Course in Content Creation and New Digital Narratives prepares 21st century professionals in the design, production, and dissemination of original content on social networks and digital platforms.
The Postgraduate Course in Content Creation and New Digital Narratives provides you with the most advanced knowledge, resources, and information in the field of digital narrative design and production. It will allow you to exercise some of the most demanding new professions today at the highest level: show runner, digital communicator, transmedia architect, influencer, scriptwriter of fiction and non-fiction projects, storyteller, community manager, designer of interactive experiences, or digital creator.
The postgraduate course addresses the essential contents of this new professional field, which continues to grow thanks to the exponential development of digital platforms and social networks. Throughout the course you will be trained in the most effective techniques for storytelling, single or serial, and through practical classes you will learn to design channels, profiles, videos, and stories to stand out on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and other content dissemination platforms. The program has the involvement of some of the most prominent writers, screenwriters, and digital creators in Spain and Latin America.
The program is taught by teachers who are the most important creators and digital managers in Latin America, such as Hernán Casciari, Sheila Blanco, Manuel Bartual, Javier Olivares, Verónica Ruiz del Vizo, Emma Rodero, María Jesús Espinosa de los Monteros, Diego Enrique Osorno, or Xavi Robles.
If at the end of the program you are interested in continuing your training in creative writing techniques, you will be able to validate 12 credits for the Master in Literary Creation.
Why choose this program
Be part of a pioneering program
It will allow you to train as a digital creator and as a transmedia storyteller at a time when the demand for these types of professional profiles continues to grow, both in the creative and information industries and in the generation of content for advertising and marketing.
Work in a media ecosystem
The program will give you the keys to understanding the new media ecosystem, characterized by the predominance of content platforms such as Netflix, HBO, Movistar, Spotify or Storytel and of social networks such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or TikTok, for which thousands of creators and producers of different sizes work directly or indirectly.
Acquire practical tools
We will give you both creative tools and practical information, so that you are able both to design your digital and personal narrative projects and to seek strategies for their production, dissemination, and monetization.
Create a personal project
The postgraduate will challenge you to create a personal project. You should find the best way to make this real and successful, so that you reinforce your own personal brand.
Who is it for?
The Postgraduate Course in Content Creation and New Digital Narratives is aimed at graduates in the humanities, journalism, communication, marketing, advertising, graphic design or fine arts. It is also aimed at digital creators, professional storytellers, screenwriters and writers, people with a vocation as influencers and, in general, professionals in the field of communication, marketing, and advertising who wish to update their knowledge.
The curriculum is designed to provide students with the theoretical and practical knowledge that will allow them to create their own stories and their own digital tales.
The postgraduate course is taught face-to-face for 5 months in Barcelona and 2 months online. It consists of compulsory subjects and optional subjects.
All compulsory subjects will be carried out jointly with the students of the Master in Literary Creation, with the exception of Creative Tools and Technologies.
Once you have passed the program, you will be awarded the degree of Diploma de Postgrado en Creación de Contenidos y Nuevas Narrativas Digitales, issued by Pompeu Fabra University.
Senior Lecturer BSM
Senior Lecturer BSM
Associate Professor UPF-BSM
- Manuel Bartual
Scriptwriter and writer
Expert on Twitter and the development of transmedia projects
- Sheila Blanco
Singer and composer.
- Hernán Casciari
Writer and communicator
Director of Orsai magazine
- María Jesus Espinosa De los Monteros
Director of Podium Podcast.
Professor of Radio Innovation.
Journalist. He co-founded the digital radio station El Extrarradio.
- Paty Godoy
Journalist and documentarian.
Author of interactive and transmedia projects.
- Diego Enrique Osorno
Writer, chronicler and director of documentaries.
Bengal Agency Director.
- Xavier Robles Sarries
Cofundandor de la Vizz Agency y de Eurogamer
- Verónica Ruiz del Vizo
CEO of Mashup Interactive Agency (Miami)
World Economic Forum Young Global LeaderExpert on Instagram
The postgraduate sessions have an eminently practical approach and are oriented towards active learning and stimulation of the student's creativity. Master classes will be combined with debates, workshops, and group projects. In addition to the teachers, there will be sessions with prestigious guests, all of whom have extensive experience in creating digital content and designing narrative experiences.
The postgraduate sessions are all of a practical nature, so that the student learns through constant exercises that help stimulate their own creativity in order to obtain the best results.
Show and tell
The classrooms at UPF-BSM have the necessary technology for the "show and tell" of innovative reference projects, in order to guide the student to work independently with their own tools and devices.
Teamwork and networking among students will be encouraged to the maximum, with the aim of promoting creative co-creation as much as possible.
Guests connected to the world of new digital narratives will share their experience and vision. We have the support of content producers such as Mediapro, Storytel, Serialify, Polford Studios, Podimo, Podium Podcast, Minoria Absoluta, and Revista Mongolia.
Evaluation will be continuous, with practical work in all the subjects. It will also include the development of a final project, a channel project, series, podcast, advertising campaign, digital or transmedia story, strategy for social networks, or similar.
The combination of online learning and face-to-face sessions favours the balance between theory and practice in a flexible learning process. The various multimedia resources that are made available to the student allow them to acquire knowledge in a self-regulated manner and the face-to-face sessions seek to put them into practice with active methodologies.
You will have:
- Digital resources and audiovisual blocks for online learning
- Face-to-face sessions with active methodologies for transferable learning
- Master's or postgraduate work to learn by doing
- A personal mentor to monitor your Master's Final Project (TFM) or Postgraduate Final Project (TFP)
The Postgraduate Course in Content Creation and New Digital Narratives responds to the increase in virtual events and platforms that have emerged in recent years which have increased the volume of content generation. More and more brands, companies, agencies, and production companies are looking for professional profiles linked to storytelling, creative management of social networks, the production of stories and videos, and scripts for series or podcasts or transmedia projects.
The Postgraduate program brings together graduates in the humanities, journalism, communication, marketing, advertising, graphic design or fine arts as well as digital creators, professional storytellers, screenwriters and writers, people with a vocation as influencers and, in general, professionals in the field of communication, marketing, and advertising who wish to update their knowledge and learn new techniques for generating content in the digital environment.
The postgraduate degree allows a scriptwriter, a community manager, a storyteller, or a graphic designer to rise to the next level within the professional world and broaden the spectrum of their employment options. The course gives training in self-employment, creative portfolios, and personal branding, as well as in the teamwork of advertising agencies, communication departments, audiovisual production companies, innovation laboratories, creative agencies, platforms, social networks, cultural institutions, and an endless number of other professional fields.
- Storyteller in companies
- Creative copy in communication and advertising agencies
- Creator of digital content
- Social media manager
- Media writer
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
In order to access the admission process, you need to have a minimum of a mid-level degree.
Other candidates without the required university degree will be able to access the selection process by virtue of their professional or academic merits and the place of work they occupy. Upon passing the program, they will receive a certificate of completion issued by the UPF Barcelona School of Management.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 2977.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Apply for one of our UPF-BSM Scholarships, awarded specifically to Pompeu Fabra University students with a good academic record.
If you are studying your last undergraduate course (4th year) at UPF or at a UPF Group centre and you have a good record, you can apply for a UPF-BSM scholarship. Remember that you must be a graduate and be in possession of your degree (or failing that, the certificate of receipt) when you start the program in which you have enrolled.
- Be in the last undergraduate year at UPF.
- Have a good academic record.
- Have been admitted or are in the process of admission to a Master or Postgraduate course for which you are applying for this Scholarship.
- Apply for the Scholarship at the time of application for admission.
- Submit a motivation letter with the reasons why you have opted for the Scholarship and a list of verifiable merits.
- Upload the required documentation through the eRegistrar platform
- The dates of awarding or denying of the Scholarship will be published on the website.
- The scholarship candidate will personally receive a communication with the procedures to follow in order to formalize it.
- The Scholarship Committee assesses academic talent (average grade of the report) and personal talent (the motivation of the candidate and their merits).
- The UPF-BSM Scholarships are not compatible with specific aid for the programs, scholarships granted by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, and other UPF-BSM scholarships.
- They are compatible with other scholarships from organizations outside the UPF-BSM and with discounts for large families.
They are applied for and granted in accordance with the dates stipulated below:
Academic year programs 2020–21 and 2021–22
- Scholarship application deadline: 03/12/2020, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 14/12/2020
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 06/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 01/11/2021
Remember that you must apply for the scholarship when you complete the application for admission to the program that interests you and always before classes start. The Scholarship cannot be processed for a program that is already being studied.
If you have any questions about how to apply for the UPF-BSM Scholarships, you can contact our scholarship secretariat via email.
Social Value Scholarships
UPF Barcelona School of Management, for this next academic year, and aiming at the commitment for social welfare, offers the Social Value Scholarships with the objective of supporting and favoring the groups that the School considers a priority. Enter and consult the details.
These scholarships are intended to favor specific groups, to help them in their professional and personal development or people who are in a situation of economic difficulty.
The Social Value Scholarship program covers from 25% to 70% of the total tuition fee for the master's degree and from 25% to 50% of the total tuition fee for the diploma or postgraduate course for all the programs offered by the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation.
The University Master's Degree in Law and any other master’s degree carried out in conjunction with an institution outside the UPF-BSM are excluded. Also excluded are programs for which the interested party wishes to carry out any recognition. Repeating students will also not be eligible for the scholarship.
- "Impulsa MUJER" (“Promote Woman”)
Aimed at all professional women, from any environment, who wish to study a management program in any area of the company, to occupy leadership positions or to lead a professional project.
Sporty woman: Specifically addressed at professional sportswomen interested in studying the master’s degree in Sports Management in any of its modalities.
- "Post COVID boost"
Aimed at people over 40 who are unemployed or in ERTE. ERTE is a term used in Spain to refer to the suspension for a specific time of the labor contract of part or all the workers of a company due to force majeure. This temporary suspension of the contract has been applied in Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic and remains in effect until the Government and the Employer decide.
- "Entrepreneur Scholarship for local economy"
Aimed at entrepreneurs and small businesses with a direct impact on the local economy and regions that need specific training to boost business.
- You must have applied for admission into one of the master's offered by the UPF Barcelona School of Management (except the Official Master's Program in Advocacy or those master's) and have been admitted to the program for which the grant is being requested.
- Present a letter of motivation with the reasons why you are applying for the scholarship with a list of merits or outstanding aspects that can be contrasted.
Consult the specific criteria for each of the modalities in the rules.
Submit your application for the Social Value Scholarship via the "Application form" of the program that you are interested in.
Submit the documentation via the "Scholarships and Funding" section of the eRegistar platform, to which you will be given access when applying
Please note that your application must meet all the requirements for both documentation and deadlines. Otherwise, it cannot be evaluated.
All documents except for the academic transcript must be in either Catalan, Spanish or English. The academic transcript can be presented in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian or Portuguese. If it is another language it must be accompanied by a sworn official translation into Catalan or Spanish.
Social Value Scholarship applications have to be made at the same time as completing your application for the program and always before classes begin. Social Value Scholarships cannot be processed for a master's program that has already begun.
Equally, applications presented after the deadlines of the established rounds will not be accepted, even if classes have not yet begun.
Social Value Scholarship are applied for and awarded according to the dates outlined below.:
Programmes for the academic year 2021-2022
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 01/11/2021
The Scholarship Committee will only award Social Value Scholarships to those applicants who, having completed the corresponding documentation and been finally admitted to the program for which they are applying, have passed the various tests that may be requested and meet the criteria established in each established typology in which they wish to enter.
The Scholarship Committee will inform each applicant of the decision individually by e-mail, following the dates published on the website.
Grants and discounts
If you are a member of our alumni associations or of one of our partner universities, we offer you a series of applicable discounts on the amount of tuition for your program.
- UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC Alumni: If you have previously studied at UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC a 15 credits (or more) program and you decide to take on a new program with us, you are entitled to a discount of 20% on your program tuition fees. It is required to be registered in the Alumni network of the UPF Barcelona School of Management upon your application. This discount is not applicable to short courses and postgraduate courses which are part of the same itinerary.
- UPF Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree, a master program or a doctoral program at Pompeu Fabra University, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits) beginning on or after 01/01/2019.
- ESCI-UPF and Tecnocampus Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree or a master at ESCI-UPF or Tecnocampus, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
UPF Employee Discounts
If you are a member or family member of an employee of the UPF group or belonged to the collaborating institutions of the UPF Barcelona School of Management, you can enjoy a series of applicable discounts on the tuition fees for your program.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) of Pompeu Fabra University. You are entitled to a 35% discount on tuition fees for open programs subject to prior communication from the rector's office and/or the UPF general manager's office.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) and Teaching and Research Staff (PDI) of the UPF Group. Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- Relatives (up to second degree) of UPF and the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education's Foundation teaching and research staff (PAS and PDI, in Spanish). Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- If you work at a company member of the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation's Board of Trustees or at any of our councils' companies. Discount of 20% on the tuition fees of our master's and postgraduate courses.
UPF Partner Latinoamerican Universities Discount
If you are alumni of one of our Partner Universities, you are entitled to a discount of 10% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduate program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management collaborates with various banks and financial entities which provide study loans on favorable terms. For more information you can contact any of the following links (in Spanish).
Note, however, that in order to benefit from these special conditions you must have a NIE if you are not a European Citizen. Therefore, UPF Barcelona School of Management strongly recommends international students to seek first for students loans at bank entities of their country of origin, or to search for funding opportunities through international entities.
Postgraduate Course in Content Creation and New Digital Narratives