Postgraduate course in Labour Law
From October to December: Thursdays and Fridays from 16:00 to 21:00h. From January to July: Fridays from 16:00 to 21:00h
Postgraduate Course in Labour Law you will be up to date on the latest Spanish employment law and will learn to analyse and solve major interpretation problems posed by current regulation.
Throughout the course you will learn the norms that affect the current job market (Temporary Employment Agencies, outsourcers for works and services, etc.) and you will review the role of agents in any employment relationship. You will update your knowledge of employment law (social community law, collective bargaining, individual autonomy, etc.), you will deal with current employment relations (flexible working days and hours, wages and compensation) and you will be up to date on the new regulations regarding layoffs, collective subjects, appeals and third party appeals, among others.
Taught by university professors, judges, lawyers and inspectors, the Postgraduate Course in Labour Law is aimed at graduates in law and employment sciences interested in specializing in employment law and social security. Graduates in economics or political science who have completed a course in employment as well as graduates in employment relations may also take the course.
You can choose how to finance your studies between 3 and 59 months by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours. You can also check the special bank loans available to participants in the UPF Barcelona School of Management.
Why this program?
- Because for more than 20 years this course has been training students in an area with a strong and growing demand for professionals: in Catalonia each year there are 33,000 trials relating to labour and welfare law.
- Because of its up-to-date content: specialists in each area will inform and update students on the main interpretive problems posed by modifications to Labour and Social Security law.
- Because you will have class with five judges from the Supreme Court and specialized lecturers from 13 different universities.
- Master the area of employment legislation.
- Gain a deep understanding of the main problems that arise in interpreting the latest regulatory modifications and analyse the criteria applied.
- Acquire specific knowledge regarding constitutional law and the Spanish Supreme Court, particularly that related to the consolidation of legal doctrine. The relevant legal doctrine in Spain's autonomous communities will also be studied, with a special emphasis on Catalonia.
- Focus exclusively on advanced legal content.
Who is it for?
The Postgraduate Course in Labour Law is aimed at law and industrial relations graduates wishing to specialize in the professional practice of labour law. It is also ideal for current labour law professionals who want to further their knowledge and improve their skills.In exceptional cases, graduates from other areas (such as economics, labour studies or political sciences) will be admitted to the course, providing that they have studied some labour law subjects and therefore have some knowledge of employment legislation.