Postgraduate Course in Coaching
Postgraduate Course in Coaching
The Postgraduate Course in Coaching provides you with the fundamental and advanced knowledge and resources of professional coaching from personal, social and business perspectives. Through practical exercises, you will learn attitudinal and motivational techniques, how to face and overcome a challenge and how to enhance your personal skills in any sphere or situation.
The Postgraduate Course in Coaching will prepare you to work in this profession with a double focus: coaching for personal growth and for development within any company. Its objective is to provide you with a solid conceptual base and advanced practice as a coach, which allows you to incorporate an effective structure for carrying out professional coaching processes.
In addition to the necessary theoretical knowledge, you will obtain real experience as a coach, having developed real coaching processes on people with real cases and concerns. At the beginning of the course, people interested in receiving coaching are provided, so that each student coaches more than 5 coachees. You will acquire the main coaching tools through internships and access to quality feedback from experts in the field. In addition, you will be able to delve into key dimensions of the individual and into the development of communication, analytical and emotional skills.
During the program, a learning community, sustained over time, will be generated among the participants in order to become experts in training and personal growth.
Why choose this program
Access international certifications
It is one of the few programs in Europe that is approved by two professional Coaching associations at the national and international level. It is recognized as a training program approved by the ICF and AECOP. Once passed you will be able to request certification from the ICF through the ACSTH and 168 hours of training will be recognized.
Our students recommend it
It has a high level of satisfaction among students: 98% recommend it.
Get a certified university degree
It represents one of the few current training courses in coaching that leads to an official university degree, endorsed by the prestige and teaching quality of the Pompeu Fabra University.
Get to learn two coaching disciplines
You will deal with aspects of business coaching and you will also acquire the foundation to become a coach oriented to personal growth.
Receive updated content
The academic content is presented in a practical way and is continuously adapted to new trends and the demands of this expanding discipline.
Who is it for?
The Postgraduate in Coaching is aimed at university graduates from any academic and professional branch who wish to specialize in this field. The profiles most closely related to the program are: executive staff and/or middle managers whose focus is the management of teams that wish to incorporate coaching skills to positively promote the development of their employees and the business; new business entrepreneurs; education and teaching professionals; and people who want to make coaching their profession or expand their range of services (consultants, therapists, etc.).
The postgraduate combines 2 theoretical modules, Fundamental Coaching and Advanced Coaching, with an internship and supervision program to produce a training process in real coaching.
- Scientific method (Social Sciences) - Approach - Objective: Definition and protocols. Nature of coaching. The universe of coaching. Introduction and professional references of interest. Scenarios and identified benefits. Advantages.
- Limits and focus. Origin and evolution. Relationship and difference with other disciplines. Etymology. Coaching modalities, perspective of coaching schools and by type of application.
- Personal coaching and coaching in company.
- Transactional Analysis: Human behaviour management: Modern leadership (personal and professional). Intervention for development: person - organization - business. Crisis situations and search for meaning and focus.
- introCoaching Process - Supervised practices I.
- introCoaching Process - Supervised practices II.
- Sources of support and operational resources.
- Communication, language and coaching: Language, communication and models. Metacommunication and conversational skills.
- Mental models. Systemic thinking. Mind Maps: Applied Dynamics.
- The ontology of language and coaching: Ontological coaching.
- Maieutics and coaching. Emotional skills: Intra and interpersonal intelligence.
- Coaching and Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP): Theory and application of the process.
- Critical skills of the coach: Introductory design in coaching conversation.
- Critical skills of the coach. Keys to success: Basic attitudes and challenges of the coach.
- Checking the coach's competencies / inventory / intervention: Application to the discipline.
- Introductory design in the coaching conversation: The essence of the process and phases of the conversation in coaching (model and dynamic). Coaching perspectives: present and future.
- Ethics of coaching and its actors (I): Personal change: definition and development.
- Ethics of coaching and its actors (II): Approach to values and commitments/ICF/AECOP. Introduction to competencies, professional coaching associations.
- Resources and skills applied to the process: Time management, change management and contradiction. Resilience and coaching. Business perspective.
- Resources applied to the process: Conflict resolution, improvement of self-esteem. Treatment of stress and frustration. Strategies for conciliation.
- introCoaching Process - Supervised practices III.
- introCoaching Process - Supervised practices IV.
- Process of synthesis of learning and validation: Memory and applied work (advanced program thesis approach). Individual action plan.
- The coaching process and its application: What and what for. How.
- Process diagrams: Essence and variables (I): Location and positure. Description of the objective. Alternatives and resources.
- The coaching conversation: Methodology and objective. Phases. Challenges and focus on success: The key. Application of the main resources of personal coaching.
- The coaching model and its dynamics: systematized application: Principles, activities, competences, conversation process, resources and results. Action and results. Advantages and limitations in real practice.
- introCoaching Process - Supervised practices V.
- introCoaching Process - Supervised practices VI.
- Attitudes and role of the coach and the coachee. The agreement and the coaching contract.
- Process diagrams and variables of Executive and Personal Coaching.
- Process diagrams: Essence and variables (II): Relearning and feedback. Action plan. Monitoring and results: progression and regressive movements.
- Tools and utensils of personal coaching: Successful experiences of the coaching professional.
- Additional resources, linked and useful for the coaching processes. Psychology as a complement in the coaching process.
- introCoaching Process - Supervised practices V.
- introCoaching Process - Supervised practices VI.
- Company - organization: Coaching in the company. Team and systems coaching.
- Coaching in the company/organization. Team and systems coaching (I): Internal coaching vs. mentoring. Mentoring: Process, benefits and phases.
- Coaching in the company/organization. Team and systems coaching (II): Type of organization. System - group - team. Team coaching approach. Systemic perspective, permanent evolution. Prediction - Transparency - Trust - Rules, protocols and promises - Alignment - Result.
- Coaching business environment - context . The business world. Type - Process - Corporate Alliance. Workplace - Competencies (practical view).
- Coaching in the company/organization. Team and systems coaching (III).
- Coaching in the company/organization. Team and systems coaching (IV).
- Specific developments: Thematic and sectoral applications.
- Coaching in the field of education : Coaching for teachers. How to improve. Differences and advantages with regards to other forms of care: objective and benefit.
- Health sector (I): Advantages and difficulties. Fundamentals and application.
- Health sector (II): Advantages and difficulties. Practical applications (real cases - health habits).
- Talent in organizations. The superior tool: coaching, approach and applications (I): bases of management. Code of conduct and CSR. Business ethics and benefits. Goal setting. Positive motivation, emotional intelligence, and coaching.
- Talent in organizations. The superior tool: Coaching, approach and applications (II): Potential and competencies. Application of the coaching model to competence management diagrams. Context and work - company. Personal, social and managerial styles. The manager - coach.
- Talent in organizations. The superior tool: Coaching, approach and applications (III): Talent management in the organization. Link to the coaching process.
- Coaching business environment - context. The business world (II) (practical vision and application of coaching).
- Coaching for entrepreneurs: Application of the coaching tool in the processes of self-employment and business creation, profile analysis, obstacles and blockages. Definition of the professional strategy. Levers and supports. Economic factors and business plan: Dashboard, budget, objective and indicators.
- Enneatypes (enneagram) and coaching.
- Professional skills and the coach: Applications in the work environment.
- Collaborative work and the coaching process: Applications for the personal model.
- Ethics, professional associations and marketing of coaching.
- Marketing and commercialization of coaching: Market and the environment. Customers and competitors. Segmentation and targeting: Target audience and marketing - relationship cycle. Customer need, Communication, Convenience, Cost to customer. Digital society. Impact on coaching.
- Code of ethics and competencies in Executive Coaching (I): Introduction.
- Code of ethics and competencies in Executive Coaching (II): Applied vision.
- ICF Competencies. ICF & AECOP Code of Ethics and Deontology.
- Presentation and public defense of the Postgraduate Final Projects
BSM Inside is a transversal and interdisciplinary module, common to all master's and postgraduate degrees at UPF Barcelona School of Management, which has been conceived to work on a set of key competencies for professional development in conjunction with the real needs of today's organizations.
This module extends throughout the academic year and is made up of 3 areas of knowledge that constitute the identity traits of the UPF-BSM: Communication; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; and Planetary Well-being and Humanities.
All the subjects of the BSM Inside module are 100% online and have been designed as self-learning subjects: from the first day of the subject until the end of the term you will have all the teaching materials available on the eCampus and you can work with the material and the different activities that it contains at your own pace, according to your availability and in a self-organized way.
Once you have passed the program, you will obtain the degree of Diploma de Postgrado en Coaching, issued by Pompeu Fabra University.
The teaching staff of the Postgraduate Course in Coaching is made up of internationally certified and active coaches with long experience as consultants and trainers.
Associate Professor UPF
The methodology of the Postgraduate Course in Coaching is supported by various tools that are the result of applied research and innovation. It is worth highlighting the large amount of co-operative and collaborative work between students and teachers.
Internships are an important part of the program and they work internally with other colleagues and with external people to carry out a training process of real coaching.
Finally, each participant completes their own individual development plan and transfer of learning. This entire process has continuity over time, through the creation of a network of coaching professionals that provide support and future development.
The class sessions will focus on the theoretical presentation of the modules through a practical and experiential methodology, where practical cases (Harvard method) will be discussed and simulations will be carried out.
You will acquire transversal and professional experience in coaching through at least 3 sessions with 5 coachees, in which you will be able to apply and develop the coach's core competencies, expand your level of observation and identify intervention possibilities.
The practical coaching sessions will be supervised as a group and individually by an expert tutor who will allow you to review and provide feedback on the personal approach of the coaching process. In addition, the analysis of video recordings of coaching sessions undertaken by the student-coach will be carried out.
Postgraduate Final Project
A written summary will be required for each coaching process (this summary will be used as part of the student's evaluation process) and their collective total will be defended as a Postgraduate Final Project.
To pass the Postgraduate Course in Coaching you need to:
- Attend 80% of the theory and practice classes
- Deliver and submit all assigned work
- Carry out the corresponding monograph or work applied to each part with the predetermined characteristics (size, quality, and submission)
- Take and pass all assigned written and/or oral exams
Project-oriented learning and the combination of lectures and active methodologies such as case studies, flipped learning, solving real problems and professional simulations allow the student to connect theory and practice, acquire advanced skills and achieve learning which is transferable to work.
You will have:
- Master's or postgraduate work to learn by doing
- A personal mentor to monitor your Master's Final Project (TFM) or Postgraduate Final Project (TFP)
- Digital resources to achieve transversal skills
- Interdisciplinary activities and workshops
With the Postgraduate Course in Coaching you will become an executive and personal professional coach, exercising integral coaching functions both in professional and business environments (executive coach), as well as in the personal sphere (life coach). You will also be equipped for systemic and team coaching.
The program brings together students from various academic and professional areas such as: communication, education or pedagogy, and business sciences. This combination contributes to creating a multidisciplinary, collaborative and enriching spirit for everyone. Most participants are active professionals with more than 10 years of work experience, who aim to take their career to the next level or complement it by developing managerial or consulting skills.
In addition, you will share the classroom with students from different national and international backgrounds, which will allow you to grow not only academically, but also culturally and personally.
Number of years of average professional experience
The Postgraduate Course in Coaching will prepare you to develop a reflective and creative support of clients, in order to maximize their personal and professional potential. As a coach, you will be able to multiply capacities, so that the client innovates in processes and management models with clear results. You can also take part in interdisciplinary teams. All this is in accordance with the code of ethics and competences of the ICF and AECOP. The program includes the option of doing extracurricular internships.
- Executive and personal professional coach
- Coach consultant for companies and active professionals: leadership and team building
- Entrepreneur (business or activity entrepreneur and social entrepreneur)
- Speaker or motivator
- Internal coach - trainer for multinationals or companies and for all types of organizations
- Head hunting and outplacement
- Development or Training Instructor (Trainer)
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
A university degree is needed to apply for the Postgraduate Course in Coaching.
Other candidates without the required university degree may take part in the selection process by virtue of their academic or professional merits and the place of work they occupy.
Those participants who do not have Spanish as one of their mother tongues or who did not have it as a teaching language in their training studies, must prove that they have at least a B2 level of Spanish (Common European Framework of Reference), as well as fluently take part in a personal interview with the academic director, if necessary.
To pass the admission process, you must have an interview with the academic director of the program.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 2286.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Grants and discounts
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management collaborates with various banks and financial entities which provide study loans on favorable terms. For more information you can contact any of the following links (in Spanish).
Note, however, that in order to benefit from these special conditions you must have a NIE if you are not a European Citizen. Therefore, UPF Barcelona School of Management strongly recommends international students to seek first for students loans at bank entities of their country of origin, or to search for funding opportunities through international entities.
Postgraduate Course in Coaching