Vallformosa Foundation Chair of Strategic Territorial Transformation for Community Welfare
The Vallformosa Foundation Chair of Strategic Territorial Transformation for Community Welfare was created to define a new model of relationship between people, companies and territory which is more just, equitable, inclusive and sustainable.
A new model of relationship has emerged between the different actors of the business ecosystem, born from the well-being of people, with ethical principles and with a spiritual dimension and projection in the territory itself, which we should be able to see and which provides transformational vitality, so that it is attractive to visitors and generates wealth for the local people.
The model must possess the ability to be able to be conceptualized in detail and, therefore, must be replicable by different people, in other areas and in different territories. In this sense, the Chair wishes to address several thematic areas, such as the social and personal identity of the territory, transformation and innovation or pride of belonging, among other things.
The Chair of Strategic Territorial Transformation for Community Welfare, in line with the values of the Vallformosa Foundation and those of the UPF-BSM, will try to act as a social dynamizer and generator of knowledge and prestige.
- Define a new model of relationship between people, companies and territory which is more fair, equitable, inclusive and sustainable.
- Generate knowledge with academic rigour and interest for it to be transferred to society.
- Develop an activity plan that gives value to the actions of Vallformosa Foundation, while acting as a social dynamizer, and generator of knowledge and prestige.
- Support the projects concerning prosperity in the territory, which are promoted by Vallformosa Foundation.
Director of the Chair
Degree in Psychology from University of Barcelona and PhD in Communication and Humanities from Ramon Llull University. Journalist, lecturer, researcher and teacher.
Jordi Pereira Gude
PhD in Business Administration and Management from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
Josep Graells March
President of the Vallformosa Foundation
Promoter of the Strategic Territorial Transformation Chair for Community Welfare
Study based on a smarter crowdsourcing in the Vallformosa territory, with the following general objectives:
- Know the opinion and assessment of the territory by the people who live or work in it or have any professional or personal relationship in relation to the area at present and their future expectations.
- Determine the economic, social and environmental value of the Vallformosa territory.