Postgraduate Course in Video Editing
A practical, theory-based course
- Theory classes on the creative editing process and the use of editing programs (Pro Tools, After Effects and Da Vinci).
- Classes reviewing the work produced by students outside of class. These projects will involve experimenting with different types of editing (narrative, musical, collage etc.).
- Individual projects.
Materials and equipment
- Classes will be based on audiovisual content provided by the teachers. In some sessions students will be required to provide their own content or archive footage they have retrieved. Students will have access to the university's cameras if they wish to film their own content.
- Students will work individually (1 PC per student)
- Pro Tools, After Effects and Da Vinci will be the main editing programs used.
Límites 1ª Persona (2009), León Siminani: http://vimeo.com/13967386
Digital (2003), León Siminiani: http://vimeo.com/15750915
En construcción (José Luis Guerin, 2001). Montaje: Mercedes Álvarez, Núria Esquerra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS0PGJ98IwA
La leyenda del tiempo (Isaki Lacuesta, 2006): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dDXU098Lk&feature=relmfu
Las variaciones Marker (Isaki Lacuesta, Sergi Dies, 2007): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU-StEmIFxU
Rêverie (Ana Pfaff, 2009): http://vimeo.com/7388672
Mensajes de Voz (Fernando Franco, 2007). Montaje: David Pinillos: http://vimeo.com/1426160
For their final project, students create their own film based on editing techniques. They begin work on the project, which may be either a short or full-length film, at the beginning of the course.
Face-to-face masters programs, postgraduate courses and short courses at UPF Barcelona School of Management combine active student participation with the teaching of theoretical and practical concepts. This type of learning focuses on discussing and resolving case studies in the classroom and applying the knowledge acquired to real-life situations. Face-to face programs use Aula Global, the virtual campus, to maintain continuity between classroom sessions.