Executive MBA program
Program curriculum and final degree
Initial intensive week: from 9 am till 7 pm.
Core subjects of the Executive MBA: Click here to download the program in PDF (in Spanish)
- Financial Accounting The main objective is to assess in depth the economic and financial repercussions of any business decision. Throughout the subject, you will interpret financial statements and work on consolidated accounts.
- Management Accounting You will learn to calculate the costs of the products, services, departments, activities and processes of any company, and to develop the budgetary and management control.
- International Business Management This subject deals with the opportunities and threats involved in managing a company in different countries. You will learn, among other issues, the internationalisation process of the company, competition in globalised environments, cross-cultural influences and collaboration on multidisciplinary teams.
- Production and Operations Management Referring to product design and to the selection of processes in production and service companies, with this subject you will study in depth total quality management (TQM), the planning of capacity and stock location methods and management, among other issues.
- Production and Operations Management II You will understand strategy and aggregate planning methods, short-term scheduling, project planning and control, distribution network logistics, transport planning, information systems and operations management applications, interaction with the rest of the functional areas and integration in the strategy.
- Strategic Management I You will learn about business management, connecting the immediate and the long-term perspective. You will analyse the adaptation of the company to its environment, proposing solutions to interpret the competition and the market. You will understand the impact of organisational change and you will examine the strategic implementation.
- Strategic Management II You will integrate the knowledge acquired with a strategic business focus, looking after the implementation, analysing the repercussions of the organisational changes arising from the introduction of a new strategy in all spheres of the company.
- Business Economics You will study and understand the economic fundamentals of the business activity through an analysis of the approaches, decisions and evolution of the company from an economic viewpoint and from the exchange and contractual relations between all the agents involved.
- Finance I The aim is to gain a command of the analytical techniques of financial statements on studying annual accounts. You will thus be able to diagnose the economic and financial situation and evolution of the business. You will prepare and interpret interim balance sheets, cash flows generated and cash budgets.
- Finance II You will study in depth the keys to investment and funding and how they are related to macroeconomic aspects, in addition to the criteria to insert financial concepts into the strategy and the business planning.
- Management Skills You will analyse and practise the skills necessary to obtain results through and with people: leadership, teamwork, negotiation, motivation, communication and skills to conduct meetings and presentations, especially focusing on practical exercises and role playing.
- Marketing I You will learn in depth to carry out the analyses prior to the preparation of a marketing plan and of the different market research applications. You will also deal with commercial management and its elements, which define the marketing strategy and which help to prepare the marketing plan.
- Marketing II Its core is an analysis of the global and individual aspects of the product, market and channel strategies. You will therefore analyse complete marketing strategies and plans of different companies, sectors and environments, and their relationship with the general strategy of the organisation.
- People Management Recognises the competitive advantage par excellence of the role currently played by people in the company. In light of this, you will study in depth planning and organisation, selection, training and promotion, analysis and assessment of positions, performance appraisal and remuneration systems.
- Quantitative Decision-making Methods in the Company This subject refers to the quantitative techniques which help to make business decisions in complex situations. You will tackle, among other aspects, complete linear programming, multi-criteria models, queue and network management and decision-making models.
- Business Simulation Its aim is to bring you into contact with business decision-making. You will decide on the future course of the organisation and you will combine the resources to achieve your objectives. You will also develop management and teamwork skills.
- Technology and Information and Decision-making Systems This subject describes the main information technology and telecommunications resources in the service of the company. You will understand the processing of information and the repercussions on the functional areas and on the processes of the organisation, the decision support systems and the integration with the strategy and its relations with the human team.
Final Master Project: Business Plan
The Executive MBA includes an individual project which the student must define at the beginning of the course and will work on throughout the year.
It must provide solutions to a real professional challenge: it may deal with any problem, opportunity or initiative that the student has encountered in any business area.
The objectives must reflect the knowledge acquired and the academic contents studied during the course.
Students will develop their business analysis and diagnostic skills as well as create viable proposals to implement them.
UPF Barcelona School of Management has prepared a range of optional subjects in the Accounting and Finance, Marketing and Commercialisation and General Management areas. These listing are subject to be updated:
- Business Communication Skills (in english)
- Company Valuation (in english)
- Management control
- Key factors for a start-up success
- Strategic Negotiation
- Social media, e-commerce and digital media planning
- Talent Management
- Management Innovators: Innovation in management
- Entrepreneurship and development of new business models
- Innovate to transform
- Business transformation
- International trip
(Note: The optional subjects offered may vary in accordance with demand and the availability of the teaching staff)
The selection of optional subjects is extended to UPF Barcelona School of Management other master degrees and postgraduate programs.
Once students have completed the program, they will receive the degree Máster universitario en Administración y Dirección de Empresas. MBA, from the Pompeu Fabra University.
University Master's degree: Students must pay the issuing rights fee published in the DOGC (Official Journal of the Generalitat de Catalunya). This fee is subject to annual variations. The fee applied will be that in force in the date of application for the degree certificate.