Executive MBA program
The Executive MBA combines two key areas. The first deals with core contents, which are considered essential for any professional in a management role. The second area focuses on specific contents which are customized according to the personal skills and professional project of each student, in co-ordination with their mentor.
The course's methodology is based on the three key elements that define BSM:
- Evidence-based management: corporate decision making that is based on the analysis of empirical data.
- 360º communication: We believe that communication is a key skill in a manager. We work with storytelling techniques, designed to help professionals successfully transmit their ideas. We deepen the practice of impact presentations and interpersonal communication, personal branding and digital identity.
- Commitment as social value: the principles of responsible management, sustainability and respecting diversity, along with a global and local engagement.
THE PROFESSIONAL CHALLENGE
The Executive MBA includes an individual project which the student must define at the beginning of the course and will work on throughout the year.
- It must provide solutions to a real professional challenge: it may deal with any problem, opportunity or initiative that the student has encountered in any business area.
- The objectives must reflect the knowledge acquired and the academic contents studied during the course.
- Students will develop their business analysis and diagnostic skills as well as create viable proposals to implement them.
As a central part of its teaching model, the Executive MBA has a central figure: the mentor.
• They act as a guide and challenge the students' ideas and thinking.• They help the student to identify teachers, projects, businesses and activities that may serve to enrich and add elements of contrast to their project.
Tutoring and Monitoring
Throughout the course the academic management team will monitor students to ensure that they progress and receive the appropriate support.
Face-to-face masters programs, postgraduate courses and short courses at UPF Barcelona School of Management combine active student participation with the teaching of theoretical and practical concepts. This type of learning focuses on discussing and resolving case studies in the classroom and applying the knowledge acquired to real-life situations. Face-to face programs use Aula Global, the virtual campus, to maintain continuity between classroom sessions.