Online Postgraduate in SEO and SEM
Online Postgraduate in SEO and SEM
The Online Postgraduate Course in SEO and SEM will provide you with the necessary knowledge to improve the correct organic positioning of your organization and carry out satisfactory online campaigns, as well as generate good content on all your social networks.
The Online Postgraduate Course in SEO and SEM is a program specialized in the advanced operation of the latest digital marketing techniques (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), social networks and web analytics. You will become a professional in these digital areas.
Taught by professionals from different multinationals or consulting firms, you will learn how to get the most out of search engines such as Google or Yahoo, through SEO and SEM, as well as generate correct content according to your product. Thanks to the practical approach of the postgraduate, you will learn to use different analysis tools (especially Google Analytics), to later design pay-per-click (SEM) programs and improve the good positioning of your content according to your user.
During the postgraduate course you will prepare to successfully carry out any strategy on social networks and lead the new challenges that this constantly changing market provides.
Why choose this program
Get to know the latest trends
Thanks to the updated contents of the postgraduate course, you will deepen your knowledge of SEO and SEM through the use of different analytical tools, in addition to learning about the new trends in search engines.
Learn from industry experts
Due to its high degree of personalization and individualization, teachers and tutors who are experts in digital marketing will respond to any type of queries you may have related to the content of the program throughout the postgraduate course.
Attend specialization webinars
Every week you will have live webinars by active professionals in the sector who will explain the new trends in SEO and SEM and how they experience it in their companies.
Who is it for?
The Online Postgraduate Course in SEO and SEM is aimed at graduates in communication, information, advertising and public relations, as well as graduates in social sciences or technical careers who wish to specialize in the world of SEO and online marketing. It is also aimed at professionals in communication, positioning, online marketing and the web in general who wish to complete and improve their qualification.
The course is structured in 3 large blocks so that the student can start with the basic concepts of SEO and move to the most advanced elements related to SEO, SEM, content marketing and monetization of web pages.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Advanced SEO and content marketing
Search engine marketing (SEM) and web monetization
Once you have passed the program, you will be awarded the degree of Curso de postgrado en SEO y SEM, issued by the Pompeu Fabra University.
The teaching staff of the Online Postgraduate Course in SEO and SEM is made up of more than 40 active professionals from the digital marketing sector, with wide experience in the new trends of SEO, SEM and Web Analytics.
Associate Professor UPF
Associate Professor UPF
Academic coordinator of the Online Master in UX and Online Master in Search Engines.
- Abraham Covelo, eDreams
- Alejandro L,pez, PGRMT
- Aleyda Solíss, Consultor
- Antonio Gimeno, Marketing Content
- Carles Sanabre, IdeaRed Solutions
- Carlos Gonzalo, Independent Consultor
- Carlos Lopezosa, Independent Consultor
- Carlos Mart,n Lebr,n, Antena 3
- Carlota Royo, Calzedonia Group
- Chema L,pez Espejo, Independent Consultor
- Cristina Muriel Gairnn, Independent Consultor
- Christopher Rovira, Pompeu Fabra University
- Daniel Pinillos, Independent Consultor
- Daniel Plana, Strategic Mobile Consulting
- David Boronat, Multiply
- David Cerddà, Seomar
- David Maniega, CTO of ICALia
- Eduard Fornieles, RACC
- Eduardo Fernández, Consultor in Marketing Digital
- Eva Moya, Freelance Web Reactor
- Eva Sanagust,n, S21sec
- Felipe Maggi, Metriplia S.L. Fernando Gavarrónn, Metriplicate
- Fernando Maci,, Human Level Communications
- Fernando Rivera
- Frederic Guerrero, Pompeu Fabra University
- Guiomar Conzález, undefined
- Ignacio Pastor, UX Engineer in SAGE
- Jaume Batlle, Independent Consultor
- Javier D,az-Noc,, Pompeu Fabra University
- Javier Guallar, University of Barcelona
- Javier Leiva, Freelance Consultor
- Jordi Serrano, Polytechnic University of Catalonia
- Jorge González, Adrenalina
- José Facchin, Marketing Digital Consultant
- Juan Merodio, Group Elles
- Julián Marquina-Arenas, Baratz
- Karina Ibarra, Arquinauta Consulting
- Laura Marino, HikeProject
- Llu,s Codina, Pompeu Fabra University
- Magali Bentetez, Polyedric
- Manuel Mart,nez, Corporate Security Consultant
- Manuela Battaglini, Repavar and Protextreme
- Miquel Mark, User Engagement
- Miguel Pascual, Interdigital
- MJ Cachon, SISTRIX
- Montserrat Pe,arroya, Gea Internet Project Consulting
- Nacho Mascort, Tesubi Online Marketing Agency
- Natalia Sampériz, Semmantica
- Natzir Turrado, Independent Consultor
- Noelia Leiro, Mobile Marketing Consultor
- Oriol Farré, I-Interactive
- Patricia Russo, Official College of Library and Documentaries of Catalonia
- Pere Rovira, Group Elisa Interactive
- Ricardo Balart, Search Engine Marketing Specialist
- Ricardo Pozzobon, University of the Andes
- Rodrigo Mantillán, Gipande Digital Agency
- Rubén Alcaraz, Ateneu Barcelononèss
- Rubén Llames, Consultor
- Slava Maiorko, SEMRush
- Sonia Ortiz, BuscosEO
- Toni González Pacanowski, Inline Prestigia
- Xavier Castellnou, Marketing Digital Marketing Director and Commercial in Coptering
- Costalex Costa, I-interactive
At the UPF Barcelona School of Management we are committed to a flexible and dynamic online model, whose aim is to place you as a participant at the centre of the process allowing you to be the owner of the development of your learning.
In order to facilitate your day-to-day management and the achievement of academic objectives, you will have 24/7 access to the virtual environment so that you can organize your study without schedules and at your own pace.
In this way, you will acquire knowledge, and instrumental and aptitude competencies combining training with your work and personal life, making the most of the time you have for it.
Interactive teaching materials
Various materials and formats will make your experience more motivating: videos, case studies, content maps and downloadable resources. Designed and updated periodically by professionals and experts in the field, they put at your disposal the latest knowledge, skills, and tools to take your career to the next level.
Active and collaborative learning
Participation and discussion with your classmates and teachers are essential to the collaborative learning process. We will provide you with various tools such as the Discussion Forum, where you can propose new topics for debate, comment on and answer questions presented by the teacher or respond to interesting comments.
Streaming sessions with experts
Through videoconference sessions with the expert teacher or special guests, you will be able to ask questions, discuss your learning and connect in real time as if you were all in the same place. To ensure the flexibility of the training, we record the sessions so that you can refer to them if you have not been able to connect.
You will have the support of the expert tutor, who will guide you through each didactic unit; the help of the coordinator and the program manager in the delivery of activities, qualifications, management of procedures or access to services, and the guidance of the career advisor in the improvement of your personal brand and the search for professional opportunities.
The activities and evaluation dates of each of the subjects in the program will be detailed at the beginning of the course.
The evaluative tests of the program will be established and corrected under the quality criteria required in all UPF Barcelona School of Management programs, which guarantee their academic value and recognition.
The evaluation of the program will be carried out online on the basis of:
- Resolution of practical cases oriented to business reality
- Knowledge tests for each subject
- Proactive participation in forums and debates
- Production and presentation of a final project
The learning process is characterized by its flexibility, since, in the virtual learning environment, the structure of the school calendar and the diversity of multimedia resources which are made available to the student allows them to acquire knowledge in a self-regulated manner.
The support of the teaching staff and interaction with classmates is carried out by making use of a wide variety of communication channels that facilitate proximity and didactic dialogue.
Being an online program, the postgraduate program brings together professionals from all over the world. Mostly from the area of digital marketing, although it is also open to experts in other areas.
After completing the postgraduate course, students will know how to manage payment campaigns, design the content strategy of their organization, and improve and analyse web positioning.
The postgraduate course is made up of participants with higher university degrees or graduates preferably in the field of Journalism, Audiovisual Communication, or Advertising and Public Relations, with some professional experience in the area of marketing and who want to specialize in organic positioning (SEO) and learn how to manage your organization's online marketing campaigns (SEM).
Average number of years of professional experience
The postgraduate course will give you a detailed vision of the world of SEO while you specialize in the use of web analysis tools in order to later make the best decisions for your organization. Thanks to the practical part, you will be able to improve the positioning of your website, both in search engines and in social networks, and you will know how to prepare payment campaigns according to your user and product.
- Digital Marketing Department of any multinational
- SEO and SEM consultant for external companies
- Data analyst to optimize MKT Digital campaigns for your own company or an external company
- Content Curator for external company or your own company
- Creator of web content and social networks
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
Holders of a university degree.
Other candidates without the required university degree may take part in the selection process by virtue of their academic or professional merits and the place of work they occupy.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 3318.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Online Postgraduate in SEO and SEM