Master in Professional Mediation
Fridays from 4.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
Join us in our info session on April 28th, 15.00 pm. Register here!
Apply now and get a 10% discount on your tuition fees by completing your enrolment before April 17th, 2020. More information here.
The Master in Professional Mediation will teach you how mediation is performed in business contexts, as well as in civil, commercial and criminal disputes. Upon completion of the course, you will obtain the required recognition from the Government of Catalonia and the Spanish Ministry of Justice to register in the official register of mediators.
Through mediation theories such as the seven Harvard elements, empowerment of the Transformative model or alternative history of the Circular Narrative school, you will discover how to mediate in employment disputes, financial transactions, insurance or disagreements between partners. In civil and criminal mediation you will also study how to deal with family conflicts, disputes among neighbours and misunderstandings within work teams from the midpoint. Taught by renowned mediators such as Javier Wilhelm and Maria Munné as well as teachers with extensive experience in the field of mediation, the course will also introduce concepts of civil and commercial law, psychology of interpersonal conflicts and economic theories necessary to establish good mediation.
The Master in Professional Mediation is aimed at economists, criminologists, lawyers, sociologists, architects, social workers, psychologists, and other professionals who wish to focus their professional career in mediation.
You can choose how to finance your studies between 3 and 59 months by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours. You can also check the special bank loans available to participants in the UPF Barcelona School of Management.
Why this program?
1. Because each year, 30% of the student body is able to find work before the end of the course.
2. Because the master’s program offers the chance to earn 120 internship hours per year with mediation professionals in public and private mediation institutions.
3. Because for one year following the master’s program, the student body is supervised and monitored by the Academic Board so that their work projects in mediation become a reality.
4. Because we constitute a limited group of mediation professionals per course with a team of in-class mediators/coaches that, together with the teaching staff, train in mediation techniques. Furthermore, they offer you individual and confidential feedback on your progress and challenges in developing the role and techniques explained in the classroom.
5. Because we work with simulated actual cases, role playing, case analysis exercises, and recorded trainings for self-evaluation and thus new lessons are visualized, deepened and reinforced.
- Learn to identify the nature of a civil or business conflict and adopt various different methodologies in order to resolve it.
- Understand the historical and cultural roots of mediation, as well as the definition and foundations of the profession.
- Learn to recognize feelings and emotions related to situations of conflict in order to intervene as an impartial party.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at professionals who wish to act as third-parties in situations of conflict, whether between two or more people or between organizations or other groups. Through the program students gain an entry point into the world of professional mediation. Professionals from the fields of law, psychology, social work, sociology, education and economics are particularly suitable for the program, along with other graduates who want to find an innovative, enriching complementary profession.