Online Postgraduate Course in Sports Marketing
Online Postgraduate Course in Sports Marketing
In a sphere as complex as the sports industry and sports management, sports marketing plays an essential role in guaranteeing income and ensuring the growth and economic sustainability of any company dedicated to the sports industry and sports management.
In a constantly changing and highly competitive sector such as the sports industry, sports marketing and its methodology have become the key to determining the success of a sports management company. With the Online Postgraduate Course in Sports Marketing you will train as a professional in the sports sector at an international university, from the perspective of sports communication and marketing applied to companies, foundations, associations, federations, sponsorships, and sports organizations.
You will learn about the latest sports marketing strategies in digital media, you will gain experience in managing your brand and you will learn more about sponsorships and the strategic aspects of companies. Data control, market research, marketing and communication, and social networks are essential for a brand in the sports industry to connect with and retain its customers. In addition to studying the theoretical and practical bases, you will learn how to create your own sports marketing plan with the personalized support of all the teachers and other students of the eCampus.
Throughout the postgraduate course in sports marketing, you will develop the basic and international concepts of marketing and its methodology, the representation of athletes, communication both online and offline, strategic marketing, sports management, and market research for companies. In addition, you will progress and improve your management skills, thus perfecting decision-making in the sports industry.
In order to provide these theoretical and practical foundations in sports marketing, the postgraduate course is based on real cases and practices transferred by active professionals in the sector.
Why choose this program
Learn from experts in the sector
The teaching team for the postgraduate course in sports marketing is made up entirely of professionals who are experts in sports marketing and specialists in new trends in marketing and communication of sports clubs, leagues, federations, and entities. All of them with a proven teaching experience and linked to the sports industry.
Get help from a mentor
From day one, a mentor (a sports marketing and sponsorship professional) will guide you, challenge your ideas, and methodology, help you identify opportunities, projects, companies, and reference activities with which to enrich your project in the sports industry.
Gain access to streaming sessions
Every week you will have live webinars by active professionals in the sports sector, who will explain new trends in marketing, sponsorships, digital strategy, sports businesses, and how they experience these trends in their companies.
Put your knowledge into practice
With teachers who are also sports marketing professionals, you will be able to test your knowledge through the debate and development of practical and real cases that take place in companies in the sports industry.
Who is it for?
The postgraduate in sports marketing is aimed at university graduates, professionals, and athletes who wish to direct their professional activity towards the area of sports marketing (both online and offline), communication, and representation of athletes.
The postgraduate course in sports marketing is divided into 5 major subjects with different methodologies, which address Communication and Sports Marketing from different perspectives and practice credits.
Communication in sport
Brand management: sports sponsorship
Digital marketing in sport
Representation of athletes
Once you have passed the program, you will be awarded the degree of Curso de Postgrado en Marketing Deportivo, issued by Pompeu Fabra University.
Teaching Assistant BSM
Professor of the Master in International Business of the UPF BSM.
- Santiago Cabrera
Director in Sol Advertising.
Graduated in Information Sciences from the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Josep Maria Figueras Alcina
Director of You First and Manager of Ona Carbonell.
Graduated in Management and Business Management for ESADE.
Master of Business Administration for ESADE
- Alberto Lempira Guevara
Doctor of Business at the University of Barcelona
Marketing consultant specializing in Digital Business Development and Strategies
- Manuel Vericat Vericat
Telecommunications engineer currently Solutions Specific Knowledge Leader Technology in Everis - an NTT Data Company.
Technical consultant and technology-based entrepreneur consultant
Professor of the Master of International Business at the UPF BSM.
At UPF Barcelona School of Management we are committed to a flexible and dynamic online methodology, the aim of which is to place students at the centre of the process so that they are masters of their learning process.
To facilitate day-to-day management and the achievement of your academic goals, the postgraduate program in sports marketing is structured into subjects and practice credits, with which you will acquire knowledge, and instrumental and aptitude skills.
All this, while having 24/7 access to the students' virtual environment so that you can organize your study without schedules and at your own pace. In this way, you can combine it with your work and personal life, making the most of the time you have for it.
Didactic and interactive materials
Various materials and formats will make your experience of the sports industry more motivating: videos, case studies, content maps, and downloadable resources. Designed and periodically updated by professionals and experts in the field, they put at your disposal the latest knowledge, skills, and tools to take your sports marketing career to the next level.
Active and collaborative learning
Participation and discussion with other international students and teachers are essential for the collaborative learning process of sports management in companies. We will provide you with various tools such as the Discussion Forum, where you can propose new discussion topics, comment on and respond to proposals and strategies presented by the teacher or answer interesting comments.
Streaming sessions with experts
Through videoconference sessions with the expert teacher or special guests related to sports marketing, you will be able to ask questions, discuss your learning, and connect in real time as if you were all in the same place. To ensure the flexibility of the training, we record the sessions so that you can refer to them if you have not been able to connect.
You will have the support of the expert tutor, who will guide you through each didactic unit; the help of the coordinator and the program manager in the delivery of activities, qualifications, management of procedures, or access to services, and the guidance of the career advisor in the improvement of your personal brand and the search for professional opportunities in companies and in sport management.
The learning process is characterized by its flexibility, since, in the virtual learning environment, the structure of the school calendar and the diversity of multimedia resources which are made available to the student allows them to acquire knowledge in a self-regulated manner.
The support of the teaching staff and interaction with classmates is carried out by making use of a wide variety of communication channels that facilitate proximity and didactic dialogue. The completion of activities and the Master's Final Project or Postgraduate Final Project is oriented towards professional practice for a high-impact professional transfer.
Supported by active professionals and much practice, with the Online Postgraduate in Sports Marketing you will develop the communication skills requested by the sports industry, such as brand management and the strategic marketing knowledge necessary to assume the sports marketing strategy of a company .
The Online Postgraduate Course in Sports Marketing is aimed at university graduates or professionals with business experience who want to get to know the latest practical tools, strategies, and trends in marketing and communication, sponsorship, digital strategy, and communication in the sports industry.
With the Online Postgraduate Course in Sports Marketing you will achieve wide employability in the sports industry. You be able to work in any multinational sports company, sports club, or federation where you will develop the digital and commercial strategy and its implementation in the market. In addition, you will be able to transmit with precision and rigour the vision, mission, values, and objectives of sports entities.
- Product Manager
- Brand Manager
- Athlete Representative
- Head of Communication Departments
- Business management in sports clubs
- Digital Marketing Manager of a sports multinational
- External Consultant on sports market research
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
To access the admission process of the Online Postgraduate in Sports Marketing Management and take the credits it is necessary to be a university graduate or a higher graduate.
Those participants who do not have Spanish as one of their mother tongues or who did not have it as a teaching language in their training studies, must prove that they have at least a B2 level of Spanish (Common European Framework of Reference), as well as fluently take part in a personal interview with the academic director, if necessary. In case of not showing fluency in oral comprehension, during the admission process additional certifications or tests may be requested that will show sufficient and adequate ability to follow the sessions.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through the following form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Application rounds are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Registration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- If you have a foreign degree you may need to submit additional documents.
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 3349.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education, or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Social Value Scholarships
UPF Barcelona School of Management, for this next academic year, and aiming at the commitment for social welfare, offers the Social Value Scholarships with the objective of supporting and favoring the groups that the School considers a priority. Enter and consult the details.
These scholarships are intended to favor specific groups, to help them in their professional and personal development or people who are in a situation of economic difficulty.
The Social Value Scholarship program covers from 25% to 70% of the total tuition fee for the master's degree and from 25% to 50% of the total tuition fee for the diploma or postgraduate course for all the programs offered by the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation.
The University Master's Degree in Law and any other master’s degree carried out in conjunction with an institution outside the UPF-BSM are excluded. Also excluded are programs for which the interested party wishes to carry out any recognition. Repeating students will also not be eligible for the scholarship.
- "Impulsa MUJER" (“Promote Woman”)
Aimed at all professional women, from any environment, who wish to study a management program in any area of the company, to occupy leadership positions or to lead a professional project.
Sporty woman: Specifically addressed at professional sportswomen interested in studying the master’s degree in Sports Management in any of its modalities.
- "Post COVID boost"
Aimed at people over 40 who are unemployed or in ERTE. ERTE is a term used in Spain to refer to the suspension for a specific time of the labor contract of part or all the workers of a company due to force majeure. This temporary suspension of the contract has been applied in Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic and remains in effect until the Government and the Employer decide.
- "Entrepreneur Scholarship for local economy"
Aimed at entrepreneurs and small businesses with a direct impact on the local economy and regions that need specific training to boost business.
- You must have applied for admission into one of the master's offered by the UPF Barcelona School of Management (except the Official Master's Program in Advocacy or those master's) and have been admitted to the program for which the grant is being requested.
- Present a letter of motivation with the reasons why you are applying for the scholarship with a list of merits or outstanding aspects that can be contrasted.
Consult the specific criteria for each of the modalities in the rules.
Submit your application for the Social Value Scholarship via the "Application form" of the program that you are interested in.
Submit the documentation via the "Scholarships and Funding" section of the eRegistar platform, to which you will be given access when applying
Please note that your application must meet all the requirements for both documentation and deadlines. Otherwise, it cannot be evaluated.
All documents except for the academic transcript must be in either Catalan, Spanish or English. The academic transcript can be presented in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian or Portuguese. If it is another language it must be accompanied by a sworn official translation into Catalan or Spanish.
Social Value Scholarship applications have to be made at the same time as completing your application for the program and always before classes begin. Social Value Scholarships cannot be processed for a master's program that has already begun.
Equally, applications presented after the deadlines of the established rounds will not be accepted, even if classes have not yet begun.
Social Value Scholarship are applied for and awarded according to the dates outlined below.:
Programmes for the academic year 2021-2022
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: during the week of 01/11/2021
The Scholarship Committee will only award Social Value Scholarships to those applicants who, having completed the corresponding documentation and been finally admitted to the program for which they are applying, have passed the various tests that may be requested and meet the criteria established in each established typology in which they wish to enter.
The Scholarship Committee will inform each applicant of the decision individually by e-mail, following the dates published on the website.
Apply for one of our UPF-BSM Scholarships, awarded specifically to Pompeu Fabra University students with a good academic record.
If you are studying your last undergraduate course (4th year) at UPF or at a UPF Group centre and you have a good record, you can apply for a UPF-BSM scholarship. Remember that you must be a graduate and be in possession of your degree (or failing that, the certificate of receipt) when you start the program in which you have enrolled.
- Be in the last undergraduate year at UPF.
- Have a good academic record.
- Have been admitted or are in the process of admission to a Master or Postgraduate course for which you are applying for this Scholarship.
- Apply for the Scholarship at the time of application for admission.
- Submit a motivation letter with the reasons why you have opted for the Scholarship and a list of verifiable merits.
- Upload the required documentation through the eRegistrar platform
- The dates of awarding or denying of the Scholarship will be published on the website.
- The scholarship candidate will personally receive a communication with the procedures to follow in order to formalize it.
The Scholarship Committee assesses academic talent (average grade of the report) and personal talent (the motivation of the candidate and their merits).
The UPF-BSM Scholarships are not compatible with specific aid for the programs, scholarships granted by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, and other UPF-BSM scholarships.
They are compatible with other scholarships from organizations outside the UPF-BSM and with discounts for large families.
They are applied for and granted in accordance with the dates stipulated below:
Academic year programs 2020–21 and 2021–22
- Scholarship application deadline: 03/12/2020, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 14/12/2020
- Scholarship application deadline: 12/01/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 25/01/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 23/02/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 08/03/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/04/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 19/04/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 13/05/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 24/05/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 08/06/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 21/06/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 06/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 20/07/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 27/07/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 02/09/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 13/09/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 05/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 18/10/2021
- Scholarship application deadline: 21/10/2021, Awarding of the scholarship: week of 01/11/2021
Remember that you must apply for the scholarship when you complete the application for admission to the program that interests you and always before classes start. The Scholarship cannot be processed for a program that is already being studied.
If you have any questions about how to apply for the UPF-BSM Scholarships, you can contact our scholarship secretariat via email.
Grants and discounts
If you are a member of our alumni associations or of one of our partner universities, we offer you a series of applicable discounts on the amount of tuition for your program.
- UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC Alumni: If you have previously studied at UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC a 15 credits (or more) program and you decide to take on a new program with us, you are entitled to a discount of 20% on your program tuition fees. It is required to be registered in the Alumni network of the UPF Barcelona School of Management upon your application. This discount is not applicable to short courses and postgraduate courses which are part of the same itinerary.
- UPF Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree, a master program or a doctoral program at Pompeu Fabra University, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits) beginning on or after 01/01/2019.
- ESCI-UPF and Tecnocampus Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree or a master at ESCI-UPF or Tecnocampus, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
UPF Employee Discounts
If you are a member or family member of an employee of the UPF group or belonged to the collaborating institutions of the UPF Barcelona School of Management, you can enjoy a series of applicable discounts on the tuition fees for your program.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) of Pompeu Fabra University. You are entitled to a 35% discount on tuition fees for open programs subject to prior communication from the rector's office and/or the UPF general manager's office.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) and Teaching and Research Staff (PDI) of the UPF Group. Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- Relatives (up to second degree) of UPF and the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education's Foundation teaching and research staff (PAS and PDI, in Spanish). Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- If you work at a company member of the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation's Board of Trustees or at any of our councils' companies. Discount of 20% on the tuition fees of our master's and postgraduate courses.
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management collaborates with various banks and financial entities which provide study loans on favorable terms. For more information you can contact any of the following links (in Spanish).
Note, however, that in order to benefit from these special conditions you must have a NIE if you are not a European Citizen. Therefore, UPF Barcelona School of Management strongly recommends international students to seek first for students loans at bank entities of their country of origin, or to search for funding opportunities through international entities.
El programa postgrado en marketing deportivo tiene financiación con Zänk
Online Postgraduate Course in Sports Marketing