Thursday and Friday 7, 8 and 14, 15 May, 5-9 pm
Founding a startup requires a good idea, hard work and lots of luck. As all of this is worthless without solid funding, however, sound knowledge is required of the keys to obtaining effective rounds of investment in order to help drive the business forward.
By means of practical work based on real cases and the simulating of negotiations on funding operations, this Executive Education program covers:
- The challenge of funding startups
- Stages of growth and funding requirements
- A detailed study of investment rounds: funding and management instruments
- Managing the acquiring of funding during the various rounds of investment
- Regulatory aspects related to the different stages of funding
- Be able to know, understand and use startups’ funding tools
- Be able to evaluate companies to have been recently set up, including companies with cutting-edge technology
- Acquire the skills for negotiating financial agreements
Who is it for?
- People interested in entrepreneurship
- Professionals in the technology sector
- Professionals in the finance sector
- Business angels and other investors
Director of Studies
Ernest Solé, with a PhD in Business, Finance and Insurance from the University of Barcelona, is a Director of Studies at UPF Barcelona School of Management and also has 24 years’ experience across various management roles in the finance sector and in consulting for technology-based businesses.