Learn to understand and value sustainability as a lever for company innovation and learn how to apply circular economy strategies at different levels of an organization, from operational issues (products and processes) to strategic and business model issues.
Obtain the necessary know-how to promote projects and initiatives within the company in the field of circular economy, working on waste/resource concepts to delve further into business strategies based on circular business models.
Through a continuous analysis of case studies, you will learn strategies for circular product design and the reduction of reputational risks (sustainable value chain).
Why choose this program
Teaching staff specializing in Circular Economy
The program is taught by Jordi Oliver, PhD in Environmental Sciences from the Autonomous University of Barcelona and MBA from ESADE. Jordi is a founding partner and CEO of inèdit, one of the first strategic eco-innovation studios in Barcelona, with more than 10 years of experience.
Learning by doing
Theoretical knowledge is complemented by active methodologies including the case study method, group discussions and presentations, all of which facilitate improvement and interaction between participants.
Spread over four afternoons, enabling you to gain in-depth knowledge about Circular Economy without neglecting your professional obligations.
Grow your network of professional contacts with high level executives.
This Executive Education Course in Circular Economy combines lecturer presentations with student participation over 4 sessions.
It has a theoretical-practical design, to facilitate learning and encourage participant interaction, student-to-student and student-to-lecturer.
Upon passing the Executive Education Course in Circular Economy, you will receive an official certificate from UPF Barcelona School of Management endorsed by the prestigious Pompeu Fabra University, the top ranked university in Spain and Latin America (Times Higher Education Ranking 2020).
The Executive Education courses combine content that is key for any professional currently employed in or seeking a managerial role, with activities aimed at putting the acquired knowledge into practice.
Collaborative learning and real case studies
The diversity of student profiles enriches learning through a shared and interdisciplinary perspective. An integrative learning approach is used in the classroom, in which the active participation of classmates in the resolution of various real case studies is promoted in the form of dialogue and exchange of ideas.
The program has a theoretical base, taught by lecturers, complemented with practical experience acquired in class through real business case studies.
We take full advantage of the time available, concentrating valuable learning within a few hours, in accordance with the demands of our participants, who hold positions of great responsibility in important companies.
Evaluation consists of following the sessions and practical case studies worked on in class.
The On-Campus&Live methodology allows you to follow the program in person and also remotely.
In this modality, two stable subgroups are opened that will coexist throughout the course: one face-to-face and the other with 100% remote students. The remote students will follow the program in a synchronous way with the face-to-face students. That is, they will share the same school calendar and schedule as the face-to-face students.
Personalized, interdisciplinary, and based on management as a practical resource for bringing ideas to life.
Executive Education training combines fundamental content for any professional currently employed in or seeking a managerial role, with activities aimed at putting the acquired knowledge into practice.
The Executive Education Course participant ecosystem is made up of people with a relevant professional track record.
The diversity of profiles and sectors represented in Executive training at UPF-BSM contributes to added value learning. It consists of directors, CEOs, managers, executives, entrepreneurs, consultants and heads of teams, areas and departments.
Average years of professional experience
This Executive Education program provides the necessary knowledge to exercise executive and Director/Management functions.
- Team or department manager.
- Strategic consultant.
- Management positions in functional areas related to sustainability, CSR, product design, etc.
- Entrepreneur with your own project, thanks to the broad business vision provided to ensure its success.
- Intrapreneur: entrepreneur of projects within your organization.
Admission and enrolment
The admission and enrolment process for this course consists of a few simple steps.
Who can apply?
Our Executive Education Courses are aimed at professionals in or seeking management positions and looking to acquire or recycle essential knowledge for their executive professional development.
How to apply?
To enrol in this program, you must read and accept the Contract Terms and Conditions and fill in the registration form.
The following steps need to be taken to register for the course:
1. Fill in the admission application form. You will receive a username and password to access the eSecretaría platform.
2. On the platform, upload a scanned copy of your ID (both sides).
3. Go to the "Enrolment" section to pay for the course by credit card or bank transfer.
In certain cases, additional documentation may be requested.
The application is subject to the availability of places.
Grants, scholarships and financing
Grants and discounts
If you are a member of our alumni associations or of one of our partner universities, we offer you a series of applicable discounts on the amount of tuition for your program.
- UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC Alumni: If you have previously studied at UPF Barcelona School of Management or UPF-IDEC a 15 credits (or more) program and you decide to take on a new program with us, you are entitled to a discount of 20% on your program tuition fees. It is required to be registered in the Alumni network of the UPF Barcelona School of Management upon your application. This discount is not applicable to short courses and postgraduate courses which are part of the same itinerary.
- UPF Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree, a master program or a doctoral program at Pompeu Fabra University, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits) beginning on or after 01/01/2019.
- ESCI-UPF and Tecnocampus Alumni: If you have previously studied a degree or a master at ESCI-UPF or Tecnocampus, you are entitled to a discount of 15% on the UPF Barcelona School of Management Masters and postgraduated program tuition fees (those programs with more than 15 credits).
*Discount not compatible with other scholarships, discounts and reductions.
UPF Employee Discounts
If you are a member or family member of an employee of the UPF group or belonged to the collaborating institutions of the UPF Barcelona School of Management, you can enjoy a series of applicable discounts on the tuition fees for your program.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) of Pompeu Fabra University. You are entitled to a 35% discount on tuition fees for open programs subject to prior communication from the rector's office and/or the UPF general manager's office.
- Administrative and Service Staff (PAS) and Teaching and Research Staff (PDI) of the UPF Group. Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- Relatives (up to second degree) of UPF and the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education's Foundation teaching and research staff (PAS and PDI, in Spanish). Discount of 20% on tuition fees for open programs.
- If you work at a company member of the Institute of Continuing Education Foundation's Board of Trustees or at any of our councils' companies. Discount of 20% on the tuition fees of our master's and postgraduate courses. Click here to see the companies on the Board of Trustees.
*Discount not compatible with other scholarships, discounts and reductions.